Transformers Spotlight: Mirage?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Infosaur, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

One of the thing's I've always wondered (and might be a perfect story for Spotlight) is what Golden Age Cybertron was like.

What exactly is a Turbofox? (could it in fact be a term for Fembot? Would bring a whole new aspect to Mirage's character)

When they refer to him as a spy was it simply "I'll turn invisible and walk right in" or did he ever spend time as a covert double agent?

What exactly are "Wealthy" transformers anyway? Was there an economy at some point?

How did he fall into the Autobot cause? And how did he rise though the ranks to become one of Prime's crew?

Although it has been implied that he might prefer to be a Decepticon, and that he's "not fully trusted" Did he ever do anything to lead to that impression?

Any hardcore espionage writers want to take a crack at this?

2. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

The name is Rage. Mirage.

3. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    ive read some fanfics. you can interpret mirage as coming from an aristocratic group within the society.

turbofoxes sounds like what it is. idle game-sports for the elite.

mirage is in fact the counterpoint for the decept's thundercracker, who also has doubts in his cause.

4. Infosaur

Can you recomend any?

Yeah I figured that, but have they ever shown them? And if Ravage is considered sentient, and the Dinobot's are Primatives, what level of sophistication would a Turbofox be to be considered "game"animals?

Do they transform? are the mostly vehicles? or robotic animals? Is it something a TF would use as an alt mode?

questions, queries, POSERS!

5. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    it was one of merythneith's fanfic over at lexicon. sorry. cant recall which one.

"means of persuasion"? argh! cant remember.

6. Infosaur

:poke  :horse: 

7. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

I'd love to see a Spotlight for Mirage.

8. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    The way I interpret it, he basically used to be a rich playboy (think Bruce Wayne/Tony Stark without the superhero/angst aspects) until the war started, where he became a James Bond-type of spy and slowly became more of a guerilla-warrior who used to prefer stealth tactics.

I would love to read a spotlight like that, he has some great potential.

9. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Indeed. You reading this Ryall?

10. Infosaur

Yeah! YEAH! I'm talking to YOU Ryall!! That's right! Uh Huh! Go shorty, it's your birthday.

This post has been zombied!

11. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

... you mean you didn't *read* Spotlight: Mirage? Sure, it said Spotlight: Soundwave on the front cover, but hell, Mirage was in *every* panel, mugging at the reader. Go on, have a look. And tell me you don't see the world's best ever spy in there. He's like Waldo, except invisible.

12. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    the thing with mirage is, his 'angle' is sorta already thru another even more popular character - grimlock. the hero who doubts the cause stereotype has been handled via grimlock in the US, UK comics even by DW.

hence, i can see how the current guys may not want to repeat stuff.

13. Fairlady_Z

Yeah, but you can doubt a cause for different reasons. Grimlock doubts because he is a warrior and sometimes thinks the Autobots are too soft. Mirage is a spy, a member of the nobility. His objections might be more due to class issues, like the concerns of war were beneath him or something. While Mirage may doubt the Autobot cause I always felt that his doubts were ones that would lead him more towards neutrality and not the Decepticon cause per se, which would be different than Grimlock. Food for thought, anyway.

14. Nerroth

Nerroth Alea iacta est.

News Credits:
    So do turbofoxes hunt Petrorabbits?

Gary

15. Fairlady_Z

:lol  Good one!

16. Infosaur

But that's the advantage of a "sandbox" like TF's you can handle the same situation with a multitude of "flavors"

Grimlock is a Warrior so he is unsure of the Autobot's cause,
    Conversely, Sunstreker and Sidesipe are Warriors who are very loyal to the Autobots,
    Beachcomber and First Aid are Autobots, who question the need to fight at all.

But where Mirage is unique, is he's the ONLY Autobot who had a history that seems to imply a society that predates (or exists with) the war.

And if NOTHING else it hint's at some sort of economy or caste system. Which has never been explored besides Autobot and Decepticon.

Why are Seekers better than Combaticons? I mean it's always been hinted that the Decepticons also have a caste system.

What if Mirage had Decepticon 'friends' before the war, and they came down on different ideological sides?

How about a story that throws all we know about good guys and bad guys for a loop?

Mirage is a wealthy playboy and,,,, ummm, Octane is a struggling worker bot. (Isn't Octane some sort of fuel dealer/profiteer?)

So Octane sees Mirage being,,, well spoiled and rich, and it burns him up, so he joins the Decepticons to overthow the status quo, and the rest is history?

And this is just Mirage!

17. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    tell ya what. any of y'all got a good idea for a mirage one pager, post it here, i might draw it.

18. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Not exactly on the subject of his past entered here, but how about Mirage returning to visibility, with an unsuspecting Cliffjumper walking away with a "Kick Me" or "Call me Bumblejumper" sign on his back?

19. Nerroth

Nerroth Alea iacta est.

News Credits:
    Here's an idea:

Classics Mirage comes home to find that his owner has bought another Mirage toy, and a load of black and purple paint...

...and a few days later, is horrified to find out that the second toy has been repainted as Crasher!

Can Mirage's man-bot credentials be spared? Or will the scary Renegade foot-stomper ruin his day?

Gary

20. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I think by 'one page' KA meant one panel. That seems like more than one panel's worth of detail.

Who is Crasher, BTW?