Transformers SPARK

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Moy, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    I was a bit curious about the spark, and how it keeps a TF alive and all. For instance, what will Prime do with The Fallen's spark? If it lands on the wrong hands, can it bring back the fallen somehow again?

Or what about Bonecrusher in ROTF, was he in the film because he didn't get his SPARK destroyed?(clonecrusher) Maybe there is a chance the rest of the dead decepticons could return if there spark can be re-activated somehow?
    What I have learned so far is that a transformer can be killed for sure if their spark is destroyed... I hope.

So can you lend some notions on this.. thanks!! :thumb 

(ouch!)

Attached Files:

2. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    As far as we know, a spark in this univese just fades out once it's not properly connected anymore. It's the robot equivalent of a heart getting ripped out that stops beating.

Jetfire ripped his own spark core out and it dimmed and stopped pulsating. :) 

I think the Bonecrusher is just another Con, or a clone. I think they were too vague on this in the movie, but it seems to me most of the Decepticons within the Nemesis are clones grown from their current roster. It's some sort of bypass to spawn a new army that requires less Energon than repopulating the ranks with 'real' Transformers, but has it's flaws.

Hence all the Constructicon doubles, 'plague' protoforms and Bonecrusher clone.

Before the movie came out, I had this idea in my head The Fallen would somehow be a third player that could ressurrect the dead..but he didn't! :(  oh noes!

3. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    I doubt he'll do anything more with The Fallen's spark, after completely crushing it in one hand.

4. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    when Megatron was told by the Fallen that CUbe could never get destroyed, I kind wondered if the same thing concept applies to the Spark. The cube just keeps transforming to another energy source, but maybe the Spark's energy does something differently.

5. Ironman

Ironman Well-Known Member

I thought that part was WAY to violent and graphic.:(  Ripping off The Fallen's face then his spark? Good God! Talk about robot violence at an all time high! Seriously, for me, I had a VERY hard time watching that part. For now on, I'm going to skip that scene.:( 

6. Digilaut

News Credits:
    Haha, I love how human gore and dismemberment is a big PG no-no, but you can show as many robotic decapitations as you want. If one day we find aliens from outer space are robots, I'm pretty sure they will be very offended by this :lol 

I have a colleague who doesn't really like such scenes, either. I think he sees robots more as humans than he does the humans..or maybe he's secretly a robot himself! Just imagine somebody ripping a human Jazz into halves!

7. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    Thinking about the concept, maybe one can picture the spark as type of physical "soul" chamber. After it's extinguished, the Transformer dies and the essence of the spark leaves the body to go to Robot Heaven, the Well of All Sparks, etc. The place Sam visited after he "died" could have been what I'm talking about. So it's kinda like the spark functions like a human heart while the bot is still alive, but when it's destroyed, the part of it that came from the Allspark leaves for the afterlife, since it can't be destroyed. Just my musings on the matter...

Interesting topic.

I thought it was badass, but you're right. It was unexpectedly violent and very graphic.

8. Digilaut

News Credits:

Sounds about right. As far as I know, a spark of a Transformer is pretty much acknowledged to be the heart and soul in some way..

A lot of people didn't like the freaky robot heaven scene from ROTF..I wonder why that is though? I think it could have used a bit more 'digital' doodads but overall it didn't really surprise me, TF afterlife is nothing new..?

9. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

I do think the Fallen is permanently gone, but you never know. If he could actually get balls (Not like Devastator ^^) and come back to put up a fight, I would thoroughly enjoy it.

10. blackjkb

blackjkb Banned

i think that the fallen and bonecrusher were another of bays hates

11. Digilaut

News Credits:
    I don't think I understand this..you mean Bay hated the characters and killed them off? Don't think so. Bonecrusher is actually one of the man's favorites. :)  Although Bonecrusher would probably hate that

(you know what he also hates? 'Bonecrusher hate' jokes..they're getting old :( )

12. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While I don't want to go into much detail now on my understanding of how sparks and energon work, I just want to say that cloning doesn't really jive considering the Decepticons really wouldn't have gone to so much trouble to resurrect Megatron if they could've downloaded his memories into another protoform. Lots of Transformers share a body type and the Constructicons are like real construction vehicles in that they all look the same but are different sizes - I'd bet Skywarp and Thundercracker have not appeared is so people don't confuse them with Starscream, one of the few villains to get characterisation.

13. Ironman

Ironman Well-Known Member

Since Jetfire took his own life in world to save the world, he's granted admission to transformer heaven? The Decepticons will go to transformer hell, if there's one.

14. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Kali ma, KALI MA!

Yep, it's called the Pit. And this "robot heaven" I do believe is the "Well of All Sparks".

15. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I have to agree, This is a pretty good explanation. Well done mate !

:thumbs2: 

16. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    Bonecrusher hates that you think Bonecrusher hates 'Bonecrusher hate' jokes.

I'm pretty sure the Spark is good and gone once you rip it out. Apparently you go to robot heaven or hell.

But when you re-spark a Spark with a piece of the Allspark (what's with the repitition in this post?), I guess the TF's soul comes back from wherever they went.

17. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Ok, so Robot heaven and spark well, very interesting. But isn't Robot heaven exclusive to the Primes? or maybe there are other robots as well?

18. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    Hint to the "Robot Heaven"

"Soon, I will be one with the matrix"

19. Attacker_Prime

Attacker_Prime Optimus Prime forever

A spark is basically a transformer's heart in the movie continuity.

My theory is that when a transformer is given life using the Allspark, the transformer's body is filled with energon, which gives it life. Energon is like blood and fuel to them, as demonstrated by Jetfire. The spark is a manifestation of energon, which usually stays in the chest, and beats, fueling the body with energon. Exactly like a heart.

As for "soul" and "robot heaven" matters:

The soul, in this continuity, just is there, like us, humans.

The "robot heaven" is called the Well of All Sparks, and its where good transformers' souls go when they die. In the G1 continuities, something resembling hell, called the Pit was introduced, so it might apply to the movie universe too.

So basically, a transformer can die two ways:

1. Spark crushing - it stops beating, the transformer isn't fueled with energon, so life no longer exists.

2. Head ripping/crushing/tearing/etc. - That's where the brain, cortex, or however you want to call it is there. We can't survive without a brain, too.

So the concept of sparks having the same ability as the Allspark does not apply, and a spark cannot keep beating without it having energon into it.

Plus, the Fallen's spark was completely crushed, so what could be done with it?

Hope this helps.

20. JakmanFirby

JakmanFirby The Jakman

News Credits:
    uh........ if our hearts were taken from our bodies. Then we die.... BUt we can have heart transplants right? so...... id say just think of it as the human heart