Transformers SoundTrack news and discussion - Goo Goo Dolls to provide song

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by netkid, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can see a bunch of you need a little cheering up.

HEY! Maybe the Goo Goo Dolls will offer to play at Botcon!

:D 

*returns to his skullfaced helicarrier, cackling*

2. jnmx2000

jnmx2000 classics

i personally love the goo goo dolls, and i really like the new stuff they put out recently, but they seem kind of odd in a transformers film, i'm thinking one of the scenes with shia, megan, and bumble bee and bumble bee plays there song on his radio for about 20 secs or so, thats my guess, i'm sure we won't here any vocal music outside of it playing on a radio in the movie, opening credits, or closing credits.

3. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I should add I really have no idea who the Goo Goo Dolls are or if I like any of their music.

This is likely correct.

4. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Goo Goo Dolls?! For real?!

-airfox

5. jnmx2000

jnmx2000 classics

ever heard the song broadway, "broadway is dark tonight" is the main lyric. they just turned out a song last year called better days which was pretty popular. another song of there's is called slide, sample it on itunes, it's not bad, if you like that kind of music, it sounds like something you might assiocate with friends or romantic movies maybe, it's kind of poppy, but anyways, i'm sticking with what i said about where the song will appear, it'd be cool if the score had some guitar tracks mixed in with it like 300 or grindhouse did.

6. iluvu_superion

iluvu_superion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    ok, the goo goo dolls are the shiznik...you guys are all suckers for hating...if it's a love song, i'm sure it's for a love scene...i don't want to hear hard rock heavy metal during a love scene...please....a cover is nice too, i will hear that...i think it fits quite well...i watched "bobby" today and saw Shia's naked ass...i don't know what else to say...

7. Shipley

Shipley extremely online

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

8. jnmx2000

jnmx2000 classics

LMAO

9. Simian

Simian Biscuits and Gravy....???

News Credits:
    Oh my effin' god....I just lost a lil respect for this film after hearing this....

I IV V, I IV V, I V, V I..Can we say the peoples chords...sheeezzzz...get some talent on the soundtrack please....and make it heavy......

10. Hi Q

Hi Q I don't want a user title

News Credits:
    Never heard of Goo Goo Dolls.
    Then again, I have generally never heard of a band until they pop up on a movie soundtrack.

11. El_Cucuy

El_Cucuy That dog don't hunt!

If there are to be bands on the soundtrack, there can be only one: Today is the Day. If you don't know who they are, educate yourself.

12. leadsled

leadsled the word is "Mortifying"

*blah puke chunder* i cant stand goo goo dolls....buncha noodle armed choir boys.....

13. derob2511

derob2511 cybertronian architect

in all fairness, i did like their song for the batman and robin movie ost: Lazy Eye (played in ivy's lair fight scene)........ but still the movie sucked.

14. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    No we're not. We are holders of opinions that differ to yours.
    So they should have used the soundtrack instead.
    Ew.

15. Turnpike

Turnpike Brawl is my bee-otch

NOW I have a reason to hate something in the movie. GooGooDolls?
    For the love of god... I will not get an OST if there's but 1 song by a band like that on it.

The movie was looking excellent up until now.. Now I'm starting to have doubts..

I can't wait for some fans to edit-out the love story and that song from the movie.

16. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

You took the words out my mouth. Finally something negative to say about the film and prove I'm no plant!!!
    I've never heard (or heard of) the GOOGOO DOLLS, but any songs used in the soundtrack to sign-post mood is a turn-off to me.
    Still, there's the hopeful knowledge that all action movies have a "soundtrack CD" and a "score CD" to help market them and maybe this is this former. At best we may only get a few cues, with the song proper tucked away at the end.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    GooGooDolls?

18. Akumaxv

Akumaxv Well-Known Member

Woah, woah, woah.

Why is anyone surprised?

Obviously this movie was going to have some cheesy ass music. It's a Bay film. Obviously it was going to be at a ridiculous moment (not that I've seen the film, but I'm sure it's going to a come at a stupendously WTF? moment). The fact that they have SPOILER BB unable to talk and communicate in songs on the radio END SPOILER presumably to to give the film some "laughs" and force whatever music is currently hot down our throats was a given. I called that when I first heard of the BB situation, like a year ago.

To complain about this after so many other things we heard that people should be concerned about is kind of hysterical.

My only hope as that since Speilberg is involved, we'll get a decent orchestral soundtrack, and not "what's hot" MTV style trash for this film.

Then again, Goo Goo dolls? Are they pulling music from the 90's for this thing?

Like some of you guys harp on, this isn't G1 or a G1 film, and I really don't think we need the equivalent of lousy 80's music for this film.

Here's a question though, would you guys rather this, or have Will Smith play Jazz and then obviously have some incredibly bad Hip-Pop song be the movie theme?

19. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'm holding my breath for dual soundtracks like some movies have done. One features orchestral-style scoring from the actual film, the other features "Music From & Inspired By" songs, which may or may not appear in the film if only briefly.

Can't recall any off hand, but I know other films have done this, and since it gives Hollywood a chance to sell twice as many albums, it's not impossible.

20. TheLastAutobot

TheLastAutobot the guy behind the shades

Ebay:
    I want a classic rock band thrown in to the bunch. it would be way cooler. I hate the GooGoo Dolls. Their name sucks.