Transformers Songs

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Spyne98, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Spyne98

Spyne98 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hi all,

I DJ for an online radio station and I wanted to do a special show for Transformers 3. I am planning on playing music from the original animated movie and music from the live action ones too. I am also planning on playing some songs in which Transformers are mentioned, like Faith No More's "We Care A Lot". There's a line where they say "we care a lot about transformers because they're more than meets the eye".

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion or 2 for a song that I could play. I don't just want to play music from the soundtracks, so I figured I'd ask for help. If you make a suggestion, I'll be happy to name you on air. I'm on every Wed from 5-7 (or 8) est. The transformer show won't be on until 6/29.

Just for the record, the station is called area24radio.

Thanks for the help!

2. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    Back when I used to DJ I used to play Tony Bacala's TF music. There were some other custom ones out there like Mikethepod. Can't remember who else. Also are you going to leave out any Japanese music?

There used to be a website ( I thought it was Rockman's but looks like I'm mistaken maybe it was the old transfans ) that had all the TF music listed, including just the type of songs you are asking about. Off the top of my head I can think of Lou Reed's Transformer and Napalm Death's More Than Meets the Eye.

If you search around here, there should be at least a couple of threads that talk about TF references in songs.

3. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

Seeing as the examples you mentioned are rock/metal might I suggest the Judas Priest song Hellrider
    YouTube - ‪Hellrider-Judas Priest‬‏
    There seems to be a Transformer reference in the beginning of the song:

Here they come
    These gods of steel
    Megatron
    Devouring what's concealed

4. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Was gonna post this.

5. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    You can find a lot of Transformers music created by pros and fans by googling. I've been doing that in order to compile personal TF music CDs.

There's Powerglove's version of the TF theme; Mikey Ruckus' stuff(some auditions for the movie games and other songs); Vince diCola of course; the newer Stan Bush tracks like The Touch Redux, 'Til All Are One, and at least one or two more that don't come to mind at the moment; Transformers Anthem by Matthew J Hoffman (kind of a fan retrospective); Cryosleep by Machinae Supremacy, Transformers EVO and Praise to be Decepticon by JAM Project (tho I don't know if you would want to include Japanese pop)...

Too bad the Slaggin' Skidplates songs which you can find right here in the Fanfic section are probably not long enough...and I wish I could remember where I got the lovely orchestral version of Dare and who it is by.

--Moony

6. Spyne98

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow, thanks guys. I would include the Japanese stuff too, I'm fine with that. I play some weird stuff sometimes.

7. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    Glad to help! :) 

--Moony

8. Tuxedo Mark

Tuxedo Mark Well-Known Member

Maybe add in some other stuff by the existing artists from the 1986 Movie soundtrack.

Stan Bush has the most material, obviously. There's the stuff from his 1997 "Call to Action" CD, for example, as well as his rendition of the TF theme on "Lighting Their Darkest Hour".

You can play stuff from the first three Kick Axe albums (they were called Spectre General on the Movie soundtrack).

There was that demo album by NRG that was released at a BotCon years ago. I can hook you up with some of the MP3s from that, which I got off of MP3.com years ago.

There's Vince DiCola's score from "Rocky IV", which is very similar to his TF score.

There's also some Lion stuff out there.

There's Blacklab's cover of the 1986 Movie theme that they did for the 2007 film.

9. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
  10. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    i personally am partial to "cybertron Banzai" and "Victory" both from Transformers Victory.

oh and "kotetsu no yuki" was good as well. oh! "super Voyager" was also a good song from beast wars II. and the beast warsII movie, "My shooting star". and Love for Ever. ahhh beast wars ....

11. WreckNRule426

WreckNRule426 Autobot

You should totally use...

More Than Meets the Eye by 50 Cent

Supercharger by Machine Head

I Can Transform Ya by Chris Brown

What I've Done, New Divide and Iridescent by Linkin Park (yeah, obvious reasons)

12. Spyne98

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah I was going to compare the two. Thanks for the suggestion!

13. mikeyrukus1

mikeyrukus1 Well-Known Member

Hey Thanks for the shout out!! I have been entrenched in the MMA industry as of late but I will be dropping some new TF material very soon, I was hoping to do it before the film's release, but some projects that I had lined up were time sensitive and I had to get those completed first.

The music that I will releasing soon will be a build around the movie score, taking it into different directions. I'll drop it here when completed!! THANKS!!