Transformers: Skyrim...

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by webz, Feb 12, 2012.

1. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Had a weird but awesome dream last night. In my dream, I was playing Skyrim, completely redone with a Transformers theme. Skyrim became Cybertron. You traveled to Iacon, etc, and swords became energon blades, magika became ammo. Different armor sets became different Autobots or Decepticons (Full Ebony armor made you look like Ironhide or Starscream, full Daedra armor became TF-P Megatron or Prime - depending on Faction choice). Instead of choosing a "race", you picked a Protoform.

It was really cool. Story line was Cybertron before the great war. Playing as a nameless 'bot, got to run around Cybertron during it's greatness, just as the first wave of the War breaks out. Choices in the game made you choose either the Autobot faction or the Decepticon faction. It was VERY awesome...

Transformations occurred at the "Stables" - being at the dawn of the Great War, Transformation cogs were new technology, and therefore "buggy"... so you could Transform to travel, but they weren't good for weapons yet. It made sense in the dream...

I was soooo sad when I woke up. Wish I had programming skills.

2. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

Sounds epic!
    I like the idea of a transformers game where you can roam free in cybertron and it sounds pretty interesting how certain actions you take can effect whether you become an autobot or con, I do like that

Would be an awesome game , I'd buy it with out any hesitation if it was like wfc FOC graphics/physics/gameplay

3. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Tis an awesome idea that shall never see the light of day.

Though I would rather be able to transform at will ala the recent games.

4. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I would absolutely love for this to happen. An open world Transformers RPG is pretty much my dream game.

5. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    Dam right.

Imagine the quests, the loot, everything about that would be amazing, good thing it's(kinda) already being made, minus the open world thing :( .

6. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Best that I can recall of the "intro"... Megatron learns of a secret power, locked away a millennium ago, that would give mastery over both creation and destruction. The Great Council refuses to acknowledge it's existence, and dismiss Megatron for "putting too much stock in stories told to entertain protoforms". Megatron discovers that the Elders DO know of this power, and starts planting seeds of deception and greed into certain sectors of Cybertronian Society (from elitist scientists to mine workers and convicts). The game starts when Megatron, the first to permanently bond a transformation cog to his Spark, appears as a flying cannon, and destroys a convoy bringing mined energon to Iocon... This action either disgusts, or attracts, your Protoform and the game continues from there...

7. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I've thought about a TF game that is like like Dark Souls before and it was pretty damn cool. You play either as an Autobot or Decepticon, and that chooses your path... partially. You can choose to betray the Decepticon cause and vie for more power.

I thought about it because there was an interview with Matt Tieger about FOC, and he said something about Dark Souls, and the interviewer asked him about other eras and he said that the prehistory era with the first thirteen would make for a great RPG setting.

If they had a TF game with all brand new characters, set in the time of the first thirteen, in the style of Dark Souls, with boss battles against massive dragon Transformers, and an epic final battle with the Fallen I might just have a heart attack.

8. HypnoFirework

HypnoFirework Elcor

someone make this an actual game already!

9. Honorbound

Honorbound Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I have to admit, the idea of a Transformers Skyrim sounds amazing, though I would prefer the appearance be customizable at character creation.

The idea of an RPG set in TF prehistory would be something I would be all over, as Transformers and fantasy fiction are two genres that could easily be mixed. Hell, the very phrase "Transformers prehistory" sounds awesome.

On that subject, a Transformers fantasy series could work very well, if the proper work was put into it to seamlessly meld the two.

10. dunerunner123

dunerunner123 Optipottamus prime

I absolutely love this idea, only I would rather be able to transform any time. hehe. but just, the quests, the weapons sound like they would all be amazing.

11. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

If they did it in War for Cybertron style I'd be down. A huge open world to travel, customize your bot, join different factions, battle robot beasts and do quests...

12. Ranger Silver 6

Ranger Silver 6 Bang Bang

You have heard us game companies, Make It Happen! We would all buy it.

13. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    High Moon Studios are you reading this....

14. Slimshadow457

Slimshadow457 Well-Known Member

I like the idea of an Action RPG. The transformation cog thing wouldn't appeal to general audiences tho... It's a game with Transformers in the title, you gotta be able to Transform. Other than that, your idea sounds solid... The armors would just be different and better alt forms.

15. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I had the same idea while playing Fallout 3.
    A Bethesda Transformers game would be a dream come true.

Personally though, I would want to see it be earth bound. We've got enough of the Cybertron thing with the High moon games.

16. UndeadMonkeyGuy

UndeadMonkeyGuy Logic Meister

News Credits:
    It wouldn't work, the transformers lore would get in the way of the story.

17. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    This is a dream that one day needs to be done... Oh please let it be done.
    But I have one request combine High Moon Studios teams and Bethesda teams.

18. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can see it now, Soundwave doing a FUS RO DAH!!!

19. Grimlock2814

Grimlock2814 New Member

I see Alduin as Unicron and parthunax as Primus Ulfric as Optimus

20. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like it is as well. Where can make your own RPG chars as Transformers. A choice between Seekers, Praxian, Shuttles, Trucks, Bikes, it will be fun