Transformers Set To Descend On American International Toy Fair 2006

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by DESTRO, Feb 10, 2006.

1. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    same, here I can't believe I am going to spend money on that!!! :cry 

2. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

WWI Prime... new bendy prime... Yay.

3. Backpack

Backpack G1 forever.

I have to say out of everything posted, it's the Armada Prime (re-paint/new head) that I'm most excited about. It just looks so beautiful. Just goes to show how great all their figures should look when fully painted and realised.

And what's up with Primus? Why are the keys on his chest? It's not like that with Takara's is it? I mean, if that's what Archer was talking about... it's lame, and more of a reason not to buy it, than an incentive.

Unciron... neat-o. I wasn't expecting much... but he turned out very nice. Though I'm not so sure about those teeth. :D 

Titainium... um, WW Prime looks good. Megs, I need to see more of to have an opinion. It would help if they TF'ed him correctly. His back piece needs to be swong down.The 3" ones mostly kind of suck from what I can see. They are in wierd akward poses.. and have strange proportions. From the looks of things so far, they should stick with a tf-ing 6" line. Just think, a 6" die-cast transforming G1 Unicron. :D  :D 

Mirage... cool beans! His deep blue reminds me of Blue Bluestreak. The car is beautiful!

4. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

My wallet will be very empty this year. It already crying.

5. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What the heck is so bad about the Primal and Megs? Those things look absolutely freaking awesome. They're not in a different style than any other Cybertron beast.

Anyways, everything= love. Well, except for the Armada Prime redeco, that seems... really odd to me that they'd put that in Cybertron, without remolding, as Optimus Prime. Seriously... what?

But... is this it, or are they showing more stuff as Toyfare goes on? I felt for sure, considering when they're going to be coming out, that we'd see some new mold Minicons and more new Alts like Rumble, as well as some upcoming repaints like Demolishor and Smokescreen, if not at least a sneak peek at some of the first neo-G1 toys.

6. Triggerhappy

Triggerhappy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Im very disapointed with the 10th Anniversary Beast Wars.. im prefering Primal to Megs (beard and surfboard..), they do just looked messed up! tho.. if they come out in the UK.. i could be tempted.

WWI Prime.. please! sheer awesome.
    i'd love to see WWI Grimlock too.. but for now this guy is Elvis.

Megatron reminds me of something.. im not sure what, maybe Bludgeon's robot mode.. maybe a micromaster.. im not sure.

Unicron looks like a kibble-tastic mess.. but im feelin it, his head is immense.

Roll on the rest..

7. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    <b>The Good</b>
    Alt Mirage. duh. possibly the best Alt to date. Please, PLEASE, PLEEEEEAAAASE let there be a BT version.

WAR. WITHIN. OPTIMUS. PRIME. IN. DIECAST.
    seriously, this puts me in geek heaven. I'll have to see more pix for final judgement, there's some slightly awkward proportions and messy paint aps, but i assume this is a hand painted test... does he have a gun?????

Titanium Mini Figures. i was trying to figure out why all of these are kind of bow-legged, and then i was all, um, are these articulated? looks like they have shoulders, knees and ball jointed hips (based on C megs)?? cool. seem a lot niver in execution than the HOCs

BWX Megatron. Holy crap is that a fearsome looking dino. Like the techno-organic look to the bot mode. and the removable tail. is that what his hand looked ike on the show?

Primus still looks great.

Glad they didn't change the package muc for the "primus unleashed" Branding, i think Cybertron boxes are the nicest design since G, and it'd be a shame if they changed it too some gaudy colour.

I want the new basics!!!

<b>The Bad</b>
    the Attacktix are fairly goofy (and cheap) looking, but i'd really like Omega Sentinal and E. Rodimus Prime. the 2-1/2" projectile law really hrts this concept. Whats the difference between the 'Battle Masters' and Attacktix? seperate game/line?
    Still, it's fun that they're finally doing something that makes the 'Armadaverse' seem like a cohesive whole.

Titanium Megatron. PLEASE don't let this be the movie design. Looks like tWWi Megs, Armada Megs and Micron Legend Tidalwave had an illegitimate love child. Guessing this isn't complete, as it seems to be missing a tank turret anywhere ~oh, wait, i see ~ his arms make the turret, G2 style... so add G2 into the love fest above :p 

Deluxe Armada Prime. It's a spiffy deco, actually, but this seems to be the 4th release of ths guy with no changes AND there's no way anyone will buy him as a downsized C. Prime (as opposed to the Deluxe Versions of A and E Prime). and no key interaction (based on still having his minicon port.) now, before i get all negative on him, i do notice 2 things. he's missing his arm guns and minicon. Maybe they have something up there sleeves that will give him C-Prime style guns and be key activate, that's just not here.
    Here's to hopin'

Alternators Prime.
    oy. he's got some incredible details (love the Super-Ginrai style ports on his helmet), great headsculpt and just the crappiest proportioned and laid out 'bot mode this side of Armada...:cry 

<b>and the Ugly</b>
    BWX Primal ~ what went wrong, guys? Bot modes better than the Club Newsletter made him look, but that alt mode fell right off the crap truck. Probably gonna try and get the BW Reborn set after seeing him. I thought these would be improvements on the originals. and they re-introduced the hoverboard? was anyone clamoring for that? and Archer dissed the RM version?

Deluxe Unicron. Looks like they tried to hard. to kibbly and wierd looking ~ the 'chomper' looks really bad to me in both modes. and the wierd non-crotch an super spindly legs? seems like he's well articulated, but that's about the only props i can give him. He's just too all over the place with no sense of cohesion. i would have given him a vibe more along the lines of Sideways and Soundwave... now get him a sammich, he's a growin' boy!

8. Hound & Mirage

Hound & Mirage Rapscallion

Anyone notice how Primal's beast face is hanging from his backside? His face is on his butt.

[Insert random statement of disappointment and rude buttface joke here.]

9. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I thought the same, actually. I still don't get what the point of the thing is, but it does look pretty cool. Even with a repaint, you have to do the math: sweet colors, sweet mold, sweet price = sweet toy.

10. Backpack

Backpack G1 forever.

I'm kind of liking the smaller Sigma Six stuff. Well the vehicles anyway. I love the concept of the cargo holds for vehicles... even though I'm sure the gimic is all about launching them... it's still cool looking. The mechs are interesting... if not a bit strange for GI Joe. It's just a shame the figures that go with them seem kind of like crap. Hasbro is really making this line different.

I wish they would be this creative, inventive, risk taking ... with Transformers. Though hopefully in the best way possible, with no crap. Oh I'm dreaming again. Never mind me.

11. artiepants

News Credits:
    where are there joe pix? i was really curious to see the vehicles, that one te previewed yesterday looked awesome.

12. Backpack

Backpack G1 forever.

Check out the new HissTank site buddy!

13. artiepants

News Credits:
    i did, i saw the descriptions from the press release but no pix. am i being dumn? (doesn't help when i spell Dumb wrong, no does it.)

figured it out, hit hte images link!

14. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    Cyb Unicron looks like they tried to retain too many characteristics of the planet version. And the head just tips back in tank mode WTF... its E. Ironhide all over again. Now the bot mode does look good even with all the kibble.

BW Primal .... ??? Whaaa???
    BW Megatron: Bot mode :rock  Beast mode didn't look fully transformed. The dino skin left too much of the bot mode showing IMO.

Alt Mirage :eek:  Alt Prime: :thumb 

WWI Prime ... Die-cast... Transforms .... excuse me... Im a little viclempt... talk amongst your selves... here Ill give you a topic...

15. DON

DON Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Nah, It's a new design..and it's slightly mis-transformed in that pic

16. DON

DON Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    He does :thumb 

17. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    Man you have to be on cloud nine to see all the War Within toy love from Hasbro.

18. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was right about the whole "CYBERTRON PRIMUS" thing, by the way... they couldn't get the name, it seems..

Chris

19. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

My redeeming factors of getting Alt Prime. First he's Prime, Second he kinda looks like the Cobra HISS version of Prime in robot mode.

20. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm happy that I'll get another chance to get 20th Prime. I REALLY hope they don't do anything funky to his coloring...