Transformers Sector 7 #3 Preview

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by neevnav, Nov 22, 2010.

1. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looking foward to this, I'm not opposed to Chee's art and I want a name for that carbot.

2. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The regular covers for this miniseries have been pretty damn shit so far - normally I'm not somebody to be overly negative, but that's just what they are..and cutout filter? Ugh..

Appearantly they are by Brian Rood, and from what I can see from his portfolio, he can do better. I guess they're really not paying him alot, or maybe he has just started using digital means for his work.

Still, beats me how that was ever approved as a cover :( 

Inside art is pretty ok, maybe a bit bland. I think it worked alot better in the Bumblebee miniseries, in which I loved it!

3. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    If a woman tried to fire a gun like the one on the cover, her elbow would be shattered, and her arm would dislocate from it's socket.

The artwork inside the book is very reminiscent of the old style silver age stuff, however I don't think it should be applied to a story like this one. I also agree that using Bonnie and Clyde as their 'wayward outlaws' is stretching the boundaries of good literary taste.

Bot design though is excellent, but this title is just a reason why I don't purchase comics anymore. Too many artists and writers trying to make their stuff canon.

4. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    ...what? That's terribly stupid. They're being paid to produce official material. That is what "making stuff canon" IS. What are you saying, that you'd only rather see "What If" stories that don't count being produced? I mean, some of the best stuff about the Sector 7 comic is how Barber has been merging and fixing continuity clashes between the movies and the prequel material and been drawing of stuff from the Sector 7 alternate-reality game, the prequel novels, and other things to really piece it all together where it didn't all seem to fit before.

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Reminds me of the style of an old pulp comic. Very appropriate, I like it. Sector Seven has been a great series so far, very enjoyable.

6. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There was theories, only theories, amde by fans, only fans that time travel was involved in Dark of the Moon. The time travel theory I think came from a combination of the leaked fake script and the 70's Datsun, and the leaked opening of JFK, etc. I didn't say the theories were true ro that I believed them, just that there was a theory. I thought that if this cover was in relation to the movie (in between movies) that it would support the time travel THEORY.