Transformers: Season Two, Volume 1 (25th Anniversary Edition)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Ghost_Fire, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Ghost_Fire

Ghost_Fire Member

Transformers: Season Two, Volume 1 (25th Anniversary Edition) DVD is coming out September 15th, 2009.
    [​IMG]

Season 2 had 49 episodes total (binging the show to 65 episodes at that time, enough for syndication) so the entire Season 2 DVD collection when it comes out should be quite substantial.

Season 1 and 2 had my favorite episodes with season 3 only having two great episode those being "The Return Of Optimus Prime" parts 1 and 2. This was Sunbow Production's heyday in cartoons before their failed films ("Transformers: The Movie", and "My Little Pony: The Movie") left them in a poor financial situation forcing them to do cheaper productions including the lackluster season 3 of the Transformers first show:thumbdown .

Let's discuss what we remember from season 2 and the impressions it left on all of us when we were all young. What were your favorite episodes, favorite moments, favorite characters, and favorite quotes from the show?:) 

2. Ghost_Fire

Ghost_Fire Member

Image must be too big here:
    [​IMG]

3. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cool cover. The 25th anniversary continues!

4. Ghost_Fire

Ghost_Fire Member

"Megatron's Masterplan" Parts 1 & 2

Seeing the Decepticon's in a parade is really messed up, I don't remember what I thought of that moment as a kid but today it is funny, however I do remember feeling a sense of hopelessness when Megatron unleashed his Decepticon's and started conquering parts of the planet. Ravage was particularly scary to me as a kid, and it seemed terrible to see Dirge, Thrust, and Ramjet go crazy attacking a city with no Autobots to come save the day. Despair is an accurate word to describe how I felt watching many scenes in these episodes for example when the Airforce failed to stop Megatron and were defeated in the sky's by Starcream and the seekers. Overall some of my most powerful impressions from the series came from these two episodes, they were a lot of fun!

5. drill

drill Gotham's White Knight

News Credits:
    So, will there be any specials on this besides the commercials and PSA?

6. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

Gonna get it anyways...