Transformers: Season 4 (Headmasters)

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by JJohnson, Oct 20, 2007.

1. JJohnson

JJohnson Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,
    First post, so please be kind :) 

My idea is basically to take the toys from the headmaster era and create a virtual season 4, ignoring Rebirth, and simply continuing the cartoon reality. Here's the basic premise:

The year is 2007, and Cybertron is at peace; Prime discovers an Autobot signal on a planet called Nebulos, and calls several Autobots to travel with him to investigate this mystery. Meanwhile, on Charr, the Decepticons have been without Galvatron for nearly a year, and are again without power. Suddenly an Armada and tens of Sweeps transform and inform the Decepticons they have been building an empire for them, and reenergize the troops. Galvatron is informed by one of the Sweeps that a Cybertronian signal was found on a planet called Nebulos. Galvatron gathers his troops and departs for Nebulos.

The Autobots arrive to find humans (not green-skinned!) living in an advanced society. There is the Unionist and the Hive factions on the planet, but it's otherwise peaceful. The Autobots find helpful guides in Galen and his friends, while the Decepticons find willing accomplices in the Hive. The Hive seeks to reconquer the planet, having lost in election after election to the planetary council. Power is their birthright, and dissent is not to be tolerated. The Hive have used many techniques to hold power for centuries: slavery, civil war, demagoguery, intimidation, false science, environmental concerns, but the Unionists have finally ousted the last of them from power, and the Hive look to the Decepticons to get that back.

In the premiere, the Autobots fight Decepticons, but due to their unfamiliarity with the terrain, Brainstorm, Hardhead, Chromedome, and Highbrow are defeated. Arcana proposes a binary bonding process to aid the Autobots; after successfully defeating the Decepticons, they steal the technology and copy it.

The series will follow the Autobots in the creation of Headmaster and Targetmaster technology in Virtual Season 4; in VS5, we will get Powermasters.

Autobots:
    *Optimus Prime
    *Brainstorm, Highbrow, Chromedome, Hardhead
    *Cloudraker, Fastlane
    *Doublecross, Grotusque, Repugnus
    *Blurr, Crosshairs, Hot Rod, Kup, Pointblank, Sureshot, Autofire, Ricochet
    *Technobots: Afterburner, Lightspeed, Strafe, Scattershot, Nosecone
    *Throttlebots: Chase, Freeway, Goldbug, Rollbar, Searchlight, Wideload
    *Punch
    *Headmasters: Kirk, Lione, Lodoni, Rofa, Shafler, Trizer
    *Blaster and Dairu, Graph (Gurafi), Noise, Zauru
    *Trainbots: Getsuei, Kaen, Seizan, Suiken, Yukikaze, Shouki
    Decepticons
    *Galvatron
    *Cyclonus (and an armada of clones)
    *Scourge (and the Sweeps)
    *Soundwave, Overkill, Slugfest, Ratbat
    *Pounce, Wingspan
    *Battletrap, Flywheels
    *Mindwipe, Skullcruncher, Weirdwolf, Apeface, Snapdragon
    *Sixshot
    *Misfire, Slugslinger, Triggerhappy
    *Terrorcons: Hun-Grr, Blut, Cutthroat, Rippersnapper, Sinnertwin

There would be 26 episodes (stories), giving each character or team a story arch to follow over the season. Comments are appreciated, and a question - anyone have some better names for the trainbots, cassettes, and spare headmasters? I'd like to use something a little more English-sounding.

Thanks for your attention,

James

2. icanfly

icanfly Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Interesting idea. Care to go into more detail? I love the idea of G1 continuing further

JL

3. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Im still not a big fan of fleshbag "human germs" infesting such clean machinery. I prefer the Japanese take on Headmasters & Targetmasters: They're little robots. Godmasters are kinda of sentai (Power Rangersish), sure, but still fun. I suppose technically Powermasters make more "realistic" sense than Godmasters. Regardless, being a fan of the *masters toys I would totally watch your virtual season four. Since animation might be out of the question, you could always look around on the boards for an artist to do a comic strip. You've some good ideas there.

~Z

4. JJohnson

Transformers: VS4 - 101 - New Beginnings

Intro

Narration: It is the year 2008, and it has been over a year since the hate plague had infected the galaxy. Peace reigns, for now...

The Autobots are rebuilding Cybertron, and assisting rebuilding Earth after the destruction of the plague.

Introduction
    Earth, Spike's hometown, near Autobot City

"It's been good to see you too, Dad," Spike said, giving his father another hug.
    "And you too, Carly," Sparkplug said, giving her a hug. "I'll take care of Daniel and Catherine, don't worry. You just help out the Autobots over at the City."

Daniel and his three-year-old sister waived to their parents as Goldbug stood there, watching the two approach.

"Ready, Bum---, er Goldbug?" Spike asked.
    "Ready as I'll ever be," he said, and transformed into his car mode. "It was good seeing you again Sparkplug!"

Spike and Carly got into Goldbug, and they all drove off for Autobot City, out of the neighborhood.

"Come on, Daniel. Did I ever tell you about the time Ratchet and I..." Sparkplug began as the three went into his house, the one Spike himself grew up in.

Act 1
    Autobot City

"Just a little to the left!" Brainstorm said, as Hardhead and Kup were positioning a large power cable for the Autobot City. Metroplex was the mobile portion of the City, but the Autobots still needed a large complex for repair, diplomacy, and other functions. This power cable was nearly as large as a standard-sized Autobot.

"Is he trying to get it down to the nanometer?" Hardhead gruffed.
    "Patience lad. I remember the time I was hauling power nodes to Vector Prime, when..." Kup began, before Brainstorm cut him off.

"Perfect! Clamp and step away from the cable!" Brainstorm said from the two-part console on the Autobot-City plain. He flipped the switch from his control console, and the entire tower re-energized. The two consoles were connected to the ground with a slanted V-column, giving enough room for two Autobots to work. Chromedome analyzed the programming one last time, ensuring it was correct.

"That's the last of the repairs! Autobot City is back up and running!" Brainstorm said, enthusiastically.

"Good, because I need a good energon drink," Hardhead said. "Chromedome, you up for joining us?"

"You got it," Chromedome said, giving the thumbs up.

"Wait a minute, there's still the space bridge coil to align with..."

"Brainstorm, it'll be here when we get back, and Galvatron hasn't so much as made a peep. Now pack up your toys, and relax for a bit!" Chromedome said.

"Perhaps you're right," Brainstorm said.

Charr

Decepticons lie about, partially energized, scrounging for energy. Astrotrain arrives with a cargo hold full of energy, which Octane inspects.

"Mid-grade energon," he huffed.
    "It's the best I could do going alone to an energon storage plant," Astrotrain explained, transforming into robot mode. He arranged energon on a flat surface for other Decepticons to grab. "Besides, Blast-Off went into stasis last week. I'm the only flight-worthy Decepticon left since Galvatron left."

Predacons, Combaticons, Stunticons, and other Decepticons grab for the energon, which Octane and Astrotrain are rationing out.

Better some energy than none, Octane thought.

With that thought, the so-called sky above Charr darkened. The energy-starved Decepticons looked up to see countless Sweeps and Armada filling the void. A lone figure leapt out of one of the Cyclonus lookalikes, and landed on the ground with a resounding boom. Galvatron.

Galvatron looked impressive; as imposing as the day he was created by Unicron. He now sported some gold accents on his chassis, and his voice modulator was no longer damaged by the lava bath he had taken. He sounded exactly as when the Decepticons first heard him.

"Pathetic. The name Decepticon was once synonymous with terror across the galaxy, and now, look at you," Galvatron motioned across the troops. "Scrounging for whatever scraps of energon you can salvage."

Three pairs of Armada carried long silver boxes, setting them down. As imposing as Cyclonus was, seeing more warriors who looked exactly like him was even more unsettling. Cyclonus was completely loyal to Galvatron, and he had an entire army of Cyclonuses. The boxes opened, revealing energon chips, glowing blue, not pink.

"Each Decepticon will receive two energon chips. That is more than enough to recharge," Cyclonus said. His Armada ensured that the Decepticons stayed in order.

"Lord Galvatron," came a metallic-sounding, monotone voice. Soundwave approached Galvatron. "There appears to be a signal of Cybertronian origin. It originates from a planet called Nebulos."

"When did Cybertron's reach extend there?" Galvatron asked.

"It uses a carrier wave from two thousand vorns ago," Soundwave reported. "The signal is weak but speaks of large resources of energy."

"Then it too shall become part of the Decepticon Empire," Galvatron grinned evilly. "I will take some warriors with me, and it shall become the seventh planet of our new Decepticon Imperium."

Scourge and Cyclonus followed Galvatron to his star cruiser, taking the Sweeps and Armada with them.

"Decepticons, to Nebulos!" Galvatron called.

Act 2

Autobot City, Earth

Hot Rod and Sureshot are practicing their marksmanship. Spike is riding in Hot Rod, Sureshot alongside, doing target practice.

"A little to the left, Hod Rod!" Spike called, as he leaned out the window with his blaster pistol. His aim was dead on, hitting three targets out of three. Hot Rod kept driving, leaving the shooting to him.

"I've got to say, leaving the shooting to you while I'm driving is much easier than doing both," Hot Rod said with a chuckle. "Perhaps I'll beat Sureshot's high score!"

"Nothing doing, you turbo-revving..." Sureshot began, when an obstacle popped up on the road, causing him to swerve off the raceway, and crash into the hay side-barriers. He transformed, rubbing his head in mimicry of humans.

Hot Rod and Spike stopped to make sure Sureshot was alright. Spike leapt out and ran over to him, while Hot Rod transformed. Pointblank and Crosshairs were tallying the scores while approaching.

"Hey, Sureshot, you alright?" Hot Rod asked his friend.

"Sure, just a few jolted circuits," he said, pulling hay out of his joints.

"You'll be interested to note that Spike and Hot Rod working together generated better scores than an Autobot working alone," Crosshairs said, working on an Autobot-sized data PADD.

"No way, let me see that," Sureshot said, grabbing the PADD.

"Working with a partner allows the Autobot to focus on driving, rather than dividing his attention between multiple tasks," Pointblank said. "If there were a way to partner an Autobot and a human, we could..."

"Optimus Prime to Hot Rod," came the communication from Hot Rod's arm-comm.

"I'm here Prime, go ahead," Hot Rod answered.

"Bring everyone to the situation room. There's something you should see," Prime called, ending the conversation.

"Well, let's see what the boss needs," Hot Rod said, transforming back to his sports car mode, opening the roof for Spike to jump back in. The other Autobots, Pointblank, Crosshairs, Sureshot, and Punch, all transformed and headed for the situation room.

Inside the situation room, reminiscent of the Ark, a large monitor dominated one wall, with several large, but slightly smaller, monitors on each side. In the middle was an Autobot-sized table, affectionately called the "pool table" by Spike. The regular golden Autobot hue to the room lent a familiarity to it, reminding Spike of the time he spent in the Ark when he was younger.

Highbrow, Brainstorm, Hardhead, and Chromedome were already with Prime when Kup, Blurr, Hot Rod, Pointblank, Sureshot, and Crosshairs entered the room.

"So, what's the mystery?" Pointblank called out.

"Chromedome, tell us what you've found," Prime called. On the large wall monitor, Chromedome pulled up a star chart. Little windows opened along one side, showing Autobot communication signals.

"We've receive Cybertronian communication signals," Chromedome began, pointing to the wave patterns on screen. "By the frequency, they're Autobot, but they're coming from a planet called Nebulos."

"Where's that?" Spike asked.

"It's only 50 light-years or so distant from Earth," Brainstorm replied, nonchalantly.

"The odd thing is," Chromdome continued, "no Autobot is recorded going there. And the signal is using an old-style authentication, not used since the Great Shutdown more than 2,000 vorns ago."

"Hmmm," Prime began. "Perhaps we might be able to rescue some Autobot comrades. Hardhead, Goldbug, Hot Rod - prepare a shuttle and your teams. I want the Throttlebots, Technobots, and the Monsterbots with us on this one."

"A little caution?" Kup responded.

"Never hurts," Prime replied. "Ready the shuttle for launch."

Decepticon Starcruiser

Hun-Grr walked the hallway of the Starcruiser. He had never traveled in the Unicron-created ship before, but he and his Terrorcons were going to find an energy-rich planet to plunder, something he couldn't pass up. He heard snippets of conversation, which he eavesdropped on.

"...so where's this Galvatron been this whole time?" Triggerhappy asked.

"...at the bottom of another plasma bath?" Misfire joked.

The wall exploded, knocking the two Decepticons back; Cyclonus and two of his Armada leveled weapons on the three Decepticons, including Slugslinger.

"We will not tolerate insolence to Lord Galvatron," Cyclonus said in an ominous tone. "You were chosen for a purpose, and by the good graces of Galvatron. See you don't mess that up."

Hun-Grr turned around in the other direction, eager to avoid getting on Cyclonus' bad side. Since when did he have an Armada? he thought. I thought only Scourge had that...

Autobot Shuttle

The forward observation port, an area of the ship where a mechanoid can relax when not on duty, had a few Autobots inside; Wideload and Chase were consuming a few energon chiplets, while Cloudraker, Fastlane, and Blaster were sitting together discussing earth music.

Brainstorm, Chromedome, and Crosshairs sat in the forward observation port as well, talking about the mission, when the conversation drifted to Autobots partnering with humans.

"...I have an idea," Brainstorm began, looking over the PADD that Crosshairs brought with the targeting scores from earlier that day.

Chromedome and Crosshairs both groaned, but Brainstorm continued.

"...if we were to have a way to partner a human with a Transformer, perhaps having the human as our weapon, or even our head, that would double our tactical efficiency!"

"Wait a click. Our heads?" Chromedome asked, incredulous. "Do you have a few microchips loose?"

"You see, if a human drives, and we shoot, or if we drive, and the human shoots, our efficiency would go up either way," Brainstorm began. "If a human were to partner with us, we'd have the edge over the Decepticons."

"That'll be the day, when a human becomes my head's master," Chromedome laughed. He got up and walked toward the door. "I've got to get some calculations to Prime. See you later."

On the bridge, Prime was with Kup, going over the terrain of Nebulos for a landing spot.

"Optimus," called Afterburner. "We'll arrive at Nebulos in fifteen breems."

"Perfect," Prime responded. "Kup, have you and Scattershot chosen a landing spot?"

"We've got three choices, Prime," Kup replied. "Here," he pointed to the large 'pool table' display, which auto-magnified at his touch, "is the most hidden spot, but a greater distance to the signal point. Here, is closer, but has no defensible perimeter. And this last spot is close to a humanoid settlement, but is also defensible, and near the signal point."

"The last one is the best choice. Afterburner," Prime called. "Prep the ship for landing at the following coordinates, and have all Autobots ready in 14 breems."

"You got it, Prime," Afterburner called back.

"What mysteries are you hiding?" Prime asked to no one in particular, holding one hand to his mouthplate, imitating a puzzled human expression.

Act 3

Nebulos, near a human settlement

The Autobot shuttle approached the planet, landing gently at the pre-selected point. The grass rustled as the thrusters let the ship down gently. The departure ramp opened, and Hot Rod's team rolled out of the shuttle. Chromedome, Hardhead, Brainstorm, and Highbrow walked out, scanners in hand. Prime, Spike, and Carly walked out, followed by the Throttlebots and Monsterbots.

"This place doesn't look all that different from Earth," Spike said, his hand covering his eyes, shielding them from the sun.

"You're right, Spike," Prime called. His optics adjusted for telescopic vision, and looked at the city in the distance. It looked nearly exactly like a human city from Earth, late 20th century. There were some hovercars, but plenty of old-style wheeled cars. And the population looked...human. The Autobots would blend in without reconfiguring. Another mystery... Prime thought to himself.

"Autobots, it looks like this planet is close enough to Earth that we can go undetected here. Throttlebots, begin scouting in that city. Map out the terrain, and find out what you can from the local humans. Chromedome, take your team out around the city, and triangulate where the Autobot signal is coming from. Hot Rod, fan out and see if you can find out if anything Cybertronian is in the immediate vicinity. Good luck," Prime said, as the three teams transformed and rolled out.

Punch, Arcee, Cloudraker, and Fastlane were still with Prime, Carly, and Spike.

"What about us, Prime?" Cloudraker and Fastlane said, simultaneously.

"I want you two and the Technobots to stay and guard the shuttle. If we need to defend ourselves, we'll need Computron handy," Prime replied.

"Rodger dodger, Optimus Prime," replied Fastlane, saluting and reentering the shuttle.
    "Rodger dodger, Optimus Prime," replied Cloudraker, saluting and reentering the shuttle.

"Anything for me, Prime?" Arcee asked.

"Arcee, the people on this planet look exactly like humans from Earth. Pink-skin, and from the transmissions I can pick up, they can speak Earth languages," Prime said, a puzzled tone in his voice modulator.

"Prime, perhaps we can take Spike and Carly into the city. If they're humans, then Spike and Carly are the best ones to find out about the population," Arcee figured.

"...perhaps so. Spike, Carly, what do you think about meeting some extra-terrestrials?" Prime asked.

"...glad too, Prime!" Carly said, with a thumbs up. "I've been gone raising Catherine, and I don't mind getting some action again!"

Carly dragged Spike along as Arcee transformed. Carly got into the driver's seat, and Spike in the passenger seat.

"We'll be back in a few hours, Prime!" Carly called as Arcee sped off.

Optimus mused to himself, just like old times...

He turned and walked back into the shuttle, and retrieved his own rifle. He walked out with Ricochet and Autofire, two Autobots he had worked with for a long time, and reminded him of former comrades from before the battle at Autobot City.

"Autobots, transform, and roll out!" Prime called, transforming into truck mode; Ricochet transformed into a black Porsche with flame detailing, and Autofire into a red and white fire truck. The three rolled out for the city. Prime hoped that Galvatron wouldn't be attracted to the planet by that signal, but he always had to be prepared for that possibility. He knew Galvatron better than anyone.

Decepticon Cruiser

The Decepticon cruiser landed outside the humanoid settlement near a river; Misfire, Triggerhappy, and Slugslinger stepped out first, followed by Apeface and Snapdragon. Galvatron followed, then the other Decepticons as well. Triggerhappy and Slugslinger transformed and surveyed the area.

"Scourge, send two parties of Sweeps to map the terrain. If there's Cybertronian technology here, I want it found. Cyclonus, begin building a base of operations here. Obtain materials from that city. Once we find the Cybertronian, this planet will fall to the Decepticon Empire!" Galvatron proclaimed. Victory is within our grasp...

Misfire, Slugslinger, and Triggerhappy were the ones chosen by Cyclonus to make themselves known to the inhabitants of this planet. They transformed and flew towards the city, bent on destruction.

Nebulan City

Chase led the other Throttlebots through the city. The six Throttlebots had split up to cover more territory, finding the city to be around the size of the human city of Jacksonville. Chase's scanners were mapping as he was driving around the commercial district, when he spotted an unfortunately familiar shape in the sky.

"Chase to Optimus Prime," he said, concentrating his scanners skyward to catch as much telemetry as possible.

"Go ahead," Prime replied.

"We've got trouble," Chase reported. "Ratbat is flying about the city. And where there's a Ratbat..."

"...there's a Galvatron," Prime finished. "Good work Chase. Keep an eye on him, and don't let him out of your sight. I'm on my way."

"Got it. Chase out," he replied. "Alright you techno-rodent. Let's see what you're looking for..."

Nebulan City

Arcee, Carly, and Spike drove along the streets, passing the Nebulan cars along the way, which reminded Spike of Earth, strangely enough.

"It's strange," Spike began.

"What's that?" Carly replied.

"How far away Nebulos is, and yet, they're so similar to us back on Earth," Spike mused.

"Let's get out and meet some locals," Carly suggested. She pulled Arcee over to the streetside parking, and both climbed out of the car.

"Don't go too far, you two. Chase just radioed that Ratbat was seen flying around. We don't want to let them know how many of us are here," Arcee warned as she remained in car mode.

"You got it," Carly said, giving the thumbs up.

Arcee felt a little more worried about it, as Ratbat usually meant Soundwave, and that also meant Galvatron not too far away. Galvatron may still be the insane Transformer that hounded them in 2006 and 2007, but disappeared after the Hate Plague. Hopefully for good, Arcee thought.

Spike walked alongside Carly, and saw a shop that looked like a place to get some food. "Let's try there," he said.

The pair walked into the shop, a standing Imbiss, or snack shop, and looked around. Finding a newspaper on a spare table, Spike skimmed it, seeing what he could glean from it.

"It looks like there's a group called 'The Hive' here...some kind of political group or something," Spike said, pointing to the picture on the paper. "They used to run things for two centuries before the Unionists took back power from them."

"I'll bet they're none to happy about that," Carly replied, holding the paper with her husband. "Hey, check this out," he pointed to another picture, "Galen honors Doctor Arcana with the Nebulos Science Award, the highest achievement the planet's president can award, for his bio-mechanical research. Hi-Q researches new biological sources of energy at energy research complex in South Sundor."

"Sounds like someone Brainstorm would enjoy talking with," Spike commented.

"Hey," came a voice from nearby, "You two aren't from around here, are you?"

"No, we're from out of town," Spike replied, being intentionally vague."

"You should know not to speak to lightly about the Hive. They ran the show for over two centuries, and they're not giving up on power so easily. Lord Zarak doesn't admit defeat so quickly."

"Thanks for the tip, Mr....?"

"Just Muzzle," the gentleman replied. He was about Spike's height, messy, but short black hair, blue eyes, and a worn, but young, face. He had seen tough times recently.

"Thanks, Muzzle. So, what happened?" Spike asked.

"Galen, Duros, and Llyra were given some information that I had acquired from the Ministry of Science concerning Lord Zarak. I had also uncovered how Blowpipe had arranged Zarak's rise to power many years ago. Once we all went forward with the information, it toppled his government and his party, the Hive," Muzzle explained. "Galen came into office as a reformer, with Duros serving again as Chief of Security for the Ruling Council. Zarak, however, did not go quietly into the night, and months later, I was accused of assaulting a local girl, Minerva, and I lost my job as a detective. That's the price you pay for outing corruption."

"I'm so sorry to hear that," Carly replied, putting her hand on Muzzle's. "This Hive sounds like a group we know, the Decepticons."

"That's not good; if they help the Hive get back to power, it'll be the Dark Ages all over again," Muzzle said.

"We've got some friends, the Autobots, who can help us," Spike replied.

"Robots? Good luck getting the people to trust them," Muzzle scoffed. "The Hive used machines to control us for over a century. These machines of yours had better be pretty good to work past that."

Comments, questions, corrections?

James

Last edited: Dec 28, 2007
  5. surak777

surak777 Autobot Musician TFW2005 Supporter

more

6. JJohnson

Nebulan City...

Nebulan City

Arcee, Carly, and Spike drove along the streets, passing the Nebulan cars along the way, which reminded Spike of Earth, strangely enough.

"It's strange," Spike began.

"What's that?" Carly replied.

"How far away Nebulos is, and yet, they're so similar to us back on Earth," Spike mused.

"Let's get out and meet some locals," Carly suggested. She pulled Arcee over to the streetside parking, and both climbed out of the car.

"Don't go too far, you two. Chase just radioed that Ratbat was seen flying around. We don't want to let them know how many of us are here," Arcee warned as she remained in car mode.

"You got it," Carly said, giving the thumbs up.

Arcee felt a little more worried about it, as Ratbat usually meant Soundwave, and that also meant Galvatron not too far away. Galvatron may still be the insane Transformer that hounded them in 2006 and 2007, but disappeared after the Hate Plague. Hopefully for good, Arcee thought.

Spike walked alongside Carly, and saw a shop that looked like a place to get some food. "Let's try there," he said.

The pair walked into the shop, a standing Imbiss, or snack shop, and looked around. Finding a newspaper on a spare table, Spike skimmed it, seeing what he could glean from it. Spike saw Recoil win a Prismaball match; Ricochet opens a new landscape garden for Caliburst; Lug is going to be inducted into the Nebulan Hall of Fame; Aimless' Nebulan art museum collapsed, injuring workers; the Hive loses more members, including the socialite Stylor, bringing another series of defeats for the centuries-old party.

"It looks like there's a group called 'The Hive' here...some kind of political group or something," Spike said, pointing to the picture on the paper. "They used to run things for two centuries before the Unionists took back power from them."

"I'll bet they're none to happy about that," Carly replied, holding the paper with her husband. "Hey, check this out," he pointed to another picture, "Galen honors Doctor Arcana with the Nebulos Science Award, the highest achievement the planet's president can award, for his bio-mechanical research."

"Sounds like someone Brainstorm would enjoy talking with," Spike commented.

"Hey," came a voice from nearby, "You two aren't from around here, are you?"

"No, we're from out of town," Spike replied, being intentionally vague."

"You should know not to speak to lightly about the Hive. They ran the show for over two centuries, and they're not giving up on power so easily. Lord Zarak doesn't admit defeat so quickly."

"Thanks for the tip, Mr....?"

"Just Muzzle," the gentleman replied. He was about Spike's height, messy, but short black hair, blue eyes, and a worn, but young, face. He had seen some tough times recently.

"Thanks, Muzzle. So, what happened?" Spike asked.

"Galen, Duros, and Llyra were given some information that I had acquired from the Ministry of Science concerning Lord Zarak. I had also uncovered how Blowpipe had arranged Zarak's rise to power many years ago. Once we all went forward with the information, it toppled his government and his party, the Hive," Muzzle explained. "Galen came into office as a reformer, with Duros serving again as Chief of Security for the Ruling Council. Zarak, however, did not go quietly into the night, and months later, I was accused of assaulting a local girl, Minerva, and I lost my job as a detective. That's the price you pay for outing corruption."

"I'm so sorry to hear that," Carly replied, putting her hand on Muzzle's. "This Hive sounds like a group we know, the Decepticons."

"That's not good; if they help the Hive get back to power, it'll be the Dark Ages all over again," Muzzle said.

"We've got some friends, the Autobots, who can help us," Spike replied.

"Robots? Good luck getting the people to trust them," Muzzle scoffed. "The Hive used machines to control us for over a century. These machines of yours had better be pretty good to work past that."

"Trust us," Carly said. "Once you meet Optimus Prime and the other Autobots, you'll have no doubts they're on your side."

"Hmm...I'll give it a shot. Here," Muzzle replied with a slight hesitation. "This is Arcana's location. He and Firebolt can help your Autobots with the public. If this Optimus can get in touch with President Galen, he may win over the people."

"Thanks, Muzzle," Spike said, shaking Muzzle's hand. "Here's a wrist-comm. If you need the Autobot's help, just give us a call and we'll be there for you."

"Good luck," Muzzle said as Spike and Carly left the Imbiss. "You'll need it with the Hive."

High above the Nebulan City

Ratbat, Slugslinger, and Triggerhappy soared over the Nebulan city. They were maintaining a small measure of electronic countermeasures, avoiding detection by the Nebulans, who assumed they were simply Nebulan aircraft.

"This reminds me of the time on Cybertron I slagged two Guardian robots to the Crystal City singlehandedly - I just flew above them like nothing was wrong, then...BOOM! I let 'em have it! I went along..." Slugslinger began his tall tale.

Triggerhappy ignored him, as did most Decepticons. Triggerhappy instead looked to the ground and started laughing internally, spilling over the internal comm line.

"....and at the last second...wait, what's so funny, Triggerhappy?" Slugslinger asked.

"I bet you can't slag ten of these Nebulans before I can," Triggerhappy replied, snickering again.

"Galvatron said not to engage them - just find energy and get back to him," Slugslinger replied. This 'con is gonna get us in trouble with Galvatron for sure...

It was too late; the reckless Decepticon opened fire on the crowd below. The sound of his own lasers and compressed air rifle reverberated off the gleaming towers of the city, and made a cacophonous sound that only Triggerhappy found pleasure in.

"Ha ha haha hahahaha!!!" he laughed crazily. He descended along the street, strafing the traffic, not caring where his weaponry hit; car, human, building - all the same to him. It was all blissful destruction.

Nebulan City

Chromedome sped along the street the instant he heard gunfire; he had hoped to avoid having to fight on this planet as well, but Prime's instincts were right, as usual.

"Chromedome to Team Alpha, come in," he called on his internal comm line.

"Hardhead here."
    "Brainstorm here."
    "Highbrow here."

"Everyone, converge on my location. We have Decepticon activity in the city," Chromedome reported briskly. "We've got to protect the humans here before anyone gets hurt!"

"I'm on my way," Brainstorm replied.
    "Let's roll," Hardhead replied.
    "I am proceeding to your location," Highbrow replied.

Nebulan Commercial District

Barely a street down, the noise came through. Arcee was afraid of this. Her electro-telemetry showed her Decepticons in the area. But where are Carly and Spike? she wondered.

"Arcee!" Carly called. "What's going on?" Carly and Spike were running towards the pink Cybertronian car as other Nebulans ran for cover around them.

"I'm picking up Decepticon activity," Arcee replied. She began transforming, shifting her parts until she stood in full robot mode. She unholstered her laser pistol. "And I've got to do something to stop it, before the Nebulans get hurt."

"Good luck, Arcee!" Spike called. He looked overhead to see Highbrow and Brainstorm flying in, and street-level saw Chromedome and Hardhead thundering past.

Comments, suggestions? How do you like it so far?

James

Last edited: Nov 8, 2007
  7. JJohnson

Previously, on Headmasters:

*Galvatron returned to the Decepticons with his Armada and the Sweeps; he gathered his warriors to investigate Nebulos, the source of a Cybertronian signal, and possibly, a large supply of Energon.
    *Optimus Prime and his Autobots head for Nebulos to investigate an ancient Cybertronian signal, and to seek peaceful contact with the Nebulans
    *Arcee takes Spike and Carly into the city, where they meet Muzzle, a former detective who gives them a history lesson
    *Triggerhappy and Slugslinger begin an attack on the city.

[And now, the conclusion:]

Decepticon Cruiser

"Damned fools," Galvatron said to himself. "I wanted energon before attacking these fleshbags. It is irrelevant." Galvatron turned to his lieutenant, Cyclonus.

"What shall we do, mighty Galvatron?" he asked.

"Take Scourge, Misfire, the animals, and Horrorcons. Stop those two and find the signal. Do NOT fail me, Cyclonus," Galvatron replied. The emphasis made it clear that anything less than success would not be tolerated.

Cyclonus bowed to his master, and replied, "Yes, Lord Galvatron. Decepticons, transform and head for the city!"

The Horrorcons Apeface and Snapdragon, along with Misfire, Scourge, and Mindwipe, transformed and flew to the city. Weirdwolf and Skullcruncher remained in robot mode and flew alongside.

After they left, a lone blue figure walked into the room, his sleek earthen detailing a perfect match for his duties. Counter-Punch walked up beside Galvatron, one of a handful of Decepticons whom Galvatron allows to get away with walking from behind him.

After they left, Galvatron turned to Counter-Punch, his most loyal officer, and ordered, "Find Ratbat and retrieve him. The information he has retrieved may give us the key to the signal. Once we find that, we can strip this planet and move on. Go!"

"Of course, mighty Galvatron," Counter-Punch replied. The robot transformed into car mode and left the Decepticon ship to find Ratbat.

Nebulan Commercial District

Arcana was walking down the street on his midday break, having a bit of lunch before heading back to the Science Ministry, when a green and gray tank, and a red and brown car sped past him on the sidewalk. His brown and gray hair rustled as they flew past. He turned to see two jets flying low to the city, firing on the crowds.

He ran towards the commotion, fighting the crowds of people who were fleeing the disruption. His eyes widened as he saw the tank transform into a large, green and gray robot! It simply unfolded itself and stood up, as did the car. Both drew out their weapons and started firing on the two jets, which also transformed into robots.

Peacemaker ran up to the old man who was standing there, staring at the robots.

"Hey, you! Get out of here!" he called to the old man. "These Hive machines are about to be taken care of by our anti-robot squad."

"Do you know who I am, young man?" Arcana called to the young policeman, as he ran up alongside him.

"Excuse me, Minister," Peacemaker apologized. "But we need to get you out of here. President Galen is also nearby, and we don't want either of you to get hurt by the Hive."

"Somehow I doubt the Hive has that kind of technology, son," Arcana replied, thoughtfully. "They transformed from vehicles to robots, and it seems like the ones with red symbols are defending the Nebulans here from those two jet robots."

"Either way, you need to get out of here," Peacemaker reiterated.

"I'll stay, thank you," Arcana replied.

"Fine, but let's get inside where it's safer," he retorted. He led Arcana inside as a pink race car sped past and transformed as well.

Slugslinger and Triggerhappy hadn't counted on Autobots being here already. Triggerhappy was too busy shooting the entire area and laughing his servos loose to care.

"Triggerhappy, it's two to one! I'm almost out!" Slugslinger called over the laser fire. He was not heard by his Decepticon ally.

Triggerhappy's compressed air rifle knocked Chromedome back into the street, while Arcee's laser pistol shot him back on his arm.

Hardhead fired his shatterblasters, shredding through Slugslinger's left arm and wing, while Highbrow fired straight through Triggerhappy's right engine assembly.

Triggerhappy shot a window out of one of the skyscrapers with a stray shot while attempting to hit Chromedome in the air. Out of that window, fell a lone Nebulan male, with slightly long black hair that normally fell over his ears. He had a red and gold tunic on, and realized he was about to die.

Chromedome looked up and saw the man; he thought to himself, I've got to save him before he reaches ground level! His comm channel chirped, "Highbrow, get Triggerhappy off me so I can save that man!"

"I really wish we could simply find one planet without Decepticons to..."

"Just do it!" Brainstorm replied forcefully.

He transformed into robot mode, and shot up to the Nebulan; he slowed, and adjusted his hands to cushion the impact for him. The man struck his hands, but was otherwise safe.

"Phew! Lucky I was here to save you sir!" Brainstorm replied. "I'm Brainstorm, from the Autobots. Are you alright?"

"I'm fine, Brainstorm. I'm President Galen, president of the planet Nebulos. For a while, I thought you were all Hive machines, but it looks like there's more to you than meets the eye," Galen replied. "Would you mind getting me back up there?" He pointed to the broken window, where a few other Nebulans were looking out to see if he were alright.

"No problem," Brainstorm replied, slowly rising to the shattered window. "Here you go, Mr. President."

"Just Galen, please," Galen replied as he got off Brainstorm's hands. "I'm not one for fancy titles. Thank you for saving my life Brainstorm."

A beautiful blonde-haired, brown-eyed woman ran to him and hugged him, kissing his cheeks. "Galen, my love, are you alright?"

"I am, Llyra, thanks to Brainstorm, the Autobot," Galen answered his wife. "If it weren't for him, I would be dead."

"So, you're not a Hive machine?" Llyra asked, cautiously.

"No ma'am. I'm here to stop the Decepticons from hurting anyone on the planet, and to find a Cybertronian signal that brought us here," Brainstorm replied. "I'll come back shortly, but I've got to finish this fight here."

Brainstorm transformed to jet mode, and fly back down, firing again at Triggerhappy and Slugslinger.

In the tower with the shattered window, Galen, Llyra, and Duros looked out the hole at the seven robots fighting in their streets.

"If he's who he says he is," Duros said gruffly, "then I hope he kicks Decepticon butt."

Galen smiled at his Security Chief. Duros had been a good friend and adviser during his campaign, and during the Hive attempts at his life.

"Let us pray they succeed. I don't know if we can stand against the Decepticons alone," Galen said.

On the street, Chromedome fired his dual lasers at Triggerhappy, while Highbrow shot his acid rainmaker rifles; with Arcee and Hardhead, the Autobots drove him back to the air, successfully. Slugslinger, deprived of his backup, stepped back a bit on the street, crushing a hovercar underfoot, and transformed and flew off.

"That'll show you!" Arcee said, giving one last shot at Triggerhappy, nicking his wing.

Hardhead gave Arcee a high-five, like Daniel had taught him on Earth.

"Well, now that that's accomplished, we can return to the investigation of..." Highbrow began, turning around to see the Nebulan police force aiming at them.

"Oh, my," Highbrow said, looking at the four cars and four tanks all pointing lasers at the Autobots.

"Drop your weapons and come peacefully, or be destroyed!" Called one police officer through his amplifier.

The tanks charged their weapons. The Autobots looked at one another.

"Autobots, lower weapons," Chromedome called to his comrades. "Let's not make the natives angry."

The five Autobots lowered their weapons slowly and stood up.

Along the street side, Galen, Llyra, and Duros ran down to the Autobots, the guardsmen a few paces behind them.

On the other side of the street, Peacemaker and Arcana ran to the five Autobots to see what they could do. Peacemaker tried to stop Arcana, but the old man got a good head start on him.

Spike and Carly also ran to their friends, the Autobots, when they saw the Nebulan police racing down the street.

Nebulan Street

"I assure you, we mean you no harm," Chromedome said to the policeman with the voice amplifier.

"You're Hive machine, and that's good enough for me," the policeman called. "Those traitors will do anything to get power back. They think it's their birthright."

"But we're not..." Arcee began, taking one step forward. The two policemen on the right side of the street aimed their rifles at her.

"One more step, and you're fried," the lady officer shouted. Her blonde hair was in a tight ponytail under her police hat. The uniform hid her curves, but any Nebulan could tell she was an attractive woman.

Galen and his two friends reached the police in the street.

"What's going on?!" he shouted to the police. "Why are you aiming at them?"

"Mr. President, please stay back! These Hive machines are about to be taken into custody and disassembled," called the female officer in charge.

"You will do no such thing!" Galen shouted. He saw Arcana and another officer run up to the group, and two more civilians in odd garb as well.

"These machines saved my life, and they are to be accorded the benefit of the doubt," Galen replied.

"It could be a Hive trick," the officer replied.

"If you don't believe us," Chromedome began, "then what can we do to convince you?"

"How about your heads for starters?" the officer replied.

"Autobots, remove your heads," Chromedome replied, flatly. He and the four others disconnected the servos and power couplings, and placed their heads onto the street, their bodies standing back up and stopping.

"What are they doing?" Carly asked. "We can't just let them surrender!"

"Carly, I don't know what we can do. Perhaps I can talk to that Galen man..." Spike replied. He and Carly crossed the street to Galen, hand in hand, followed by Arcana and Peacemaker.

"Galen, those Autobots are our friends! You can't just disassemble them," Spike said, walking up to the president.

"I know, but the law is very clear with unliving machines, especially Hive machines," Galen said. "Give me some time, sir, and I'll be able to help them. The Brainstorm Autobot saved my life. I owe him that. But the people here today have had years of oppression under the Hive machines, and they won't be convinced so easily. If that means having your five friends incapacitated for a short time to prove their innocence, then so be it. But please, trust me to do this."

"Alright," Spike said, shaking Galen's hand.

"But we're coming with you to make sure," Carly said.

"Arcana! Can you two come with us?" Galen called to the old man and his young policeman companion.

"Certainly, President Galen," he replied, a little winded from the running. "I don't think there's any way we can help your friends, lad, but to do it this way."

"I'm not so sure, but if you insist Mr. President, then I would like to come along as well," Peacemaker said.

"Your name?" Galen asked.

"Peacemaker, sir, is my code-name," he answered.

"I'm Llyra, the First Wife," Llyra said.

"Name's Duros," called the gruff, short-haired man. You could tell he is former military, and has had years of experience.

"I'm Spike Witwicky, and this is my wife, Carly," Spike said.

"Well, let's load up your friends, and let's get out of here before the media gets in. We've purged the majority of the Hive sympathizers and shills from the media, but there's still one or two who still pine for them. We don't want to have to answer too many questions just yet without many answers," Galen said. The police had already called in for flatbeds to take the Autobot bodies and heads with them.

The police and the drivers loaded the Autobots and their heads, covering them with Nebulan tarp to keep curious onlookers at bay. Spike and Carly got into a presidential vehicle with Galen, Duros, Llyra, Arcana, and Peacemaker. It looked from the outside to be the Nebulan equivalent of a stretch limo.

The party of Nebulans, humans, and Autobots left the district, heading for the Science Ministry for Arcana to find out more about the Autobots and Decepticons. The citizens slowly made their way back to the district, seeing remnants of battle in the street.

Cleanup crews and police kept the onlookers back so they could repair the street and buildings, but people had begun to talk already.

Spike looked out the window at the Nebulans. What a great way to make first contact... he thought to himself.

Galen held Llyra's hand, and kissed it gently. I'm glad no one was hurt, he thought to himself, but I sincerely hope those robots the Autobots were fighting do not come back. If they can do that damage with two, I'd hate to see ten of them.

Outside the Nebulan City

Triggerhappy and Slugslinger limp out of the city's airspace. Alongside them came Cyclonus and the other Decepticons.

"What do you think you were doing?" Cyclonus asked in his grim and terse manner.

"It was just a bet we made that..." Triggerhappy began.

"Silence!" Cyclonus yelled over the comm channel. "Galvatron did not send us here to give our presence away! We came here to find the Cybertronian signal, then suck the planet dry! If your little wager endangered that, then my Armada will be using you two as target practice. Understood?"

"Clearly," Slugslinger replied.
    "Fully," Triggerhappy replied.

The Decepticons continued their flight, finding an odd Cybertronian signal, slightly out of phase, but still registering as Cybertronian.

"Cyclonus," Scourge called. "The Sweeps have found a signal...Cybertronian. It's out of phase and uses an old modulation, but it's still a valid signal."

"Excellent, Scourge. Decepticons, follow Scourge. Perhaps we've found what we're looking for..." Cyclonus ordered. The eleven Decepticons altered course for the signal, to a remote island chain off the coast of the northern continent.

Hive Island

In a large, gray room sit a number of Nebulans. A large bank of monitors covers a wall. Images of the Autobot and Decepticon fight play on some monitors, on others, the Autobot and Decepticon ships landing. Still others showed images of Unicron exploding.

"Pause the image," called a deep, commanding voice.

"Yes, Lord Zarak," called the man at the controls. He had tussled, slightly curly black hair, and wire-rim glasses.

"Magnify that one, Vorath," Zarak replied. He had dark brown hair, with some silver streaks on his sides like Mr. Fantastic, and was in great shape. He once held the reigns of power on Nebulos. His birthright to power, which was stolen by Galen, would be his again. And perhaps these robots would be his way of doing so.

"See these symbols?" Zarak said, drawing on his touch table, which mirrored his touch on the largest, center monitor. "The red ones seem to protect each other and the population. The purple ones just fire wildly, and destroy whatever they will."

"What matter is that to us, Lord Zarak?" called Spasma. Spasma was the son of a bankrupt and despised Nebulan noble family, which was bankrupted when Zarak fell from power. Their wealth came from the time when Nebulos forbade any adult beverages - his family made a fortune skirting the law, just like Nightstick.

"It matters because we've seen these symbols before..." Zarak answered, somewhat impatiently. "The ancient Nebulans knew these symbols...they've been here before."

On the side screens, ancient Nebulan images and artifacts appeared, with what looked like crude renderings of the Autobot and Decepticon symbols. Even the Hive party symbol looked similar to that of the Decepticons.

"Blowpipe," Zarak called on his comm panel next to the table. "Send a signal. Draw the robots here. Perhaps we can deal with them to eliminate the Unionist leaders. Then....we of the Hive will return to power!"

End episode 1.

Next time, on Transformers: Headmasters

Galen: We're under attack!
    Arcana: We can use Brainstorm's theories and mine together...
    Gort: Count me in!
    Duros: I'm game.
    Stylor: Well, it seems like the in-thing to do.

The four heads of the Autobots are noticeably altered.
    The four Nebulans climb into the robot exosuits. Carly climbs into the fifth.

Galen: Behold! Headmasters!

...on the next Transformers: Headmasters

Last edited: Dec 3, 2007
  8. surak777

very Nicely done.. better Carly than Daniel and some lame accident

9. JJohnson

yeah...got rid of the pesky kids pretty quick here, didn't I? :)  Besides...what makes more sense than for a girl to bond to a girl Autobot? I mean, "here son, binary bond with a girl Autobot. Side effects? Who cares!" The question is - will Galen or Llyra binary bond? Or someone else? Next episode, we'll get Headmasters. I'm not sure how far I'll go before Targetmasters. But we'll find out more about the planet and its ties to Cybertron, and introduce Fort Max and Scorponok before long!

10. JJohnson

Transformers: Headmasters
    Episode 102 - Headmasters, Arise!

Nebulos Ministry of Science

The Ministry of Science is a grand, ornate building, housing the leading minds of Nebulos. It is a place of research and of learning. The government is forbidden from subtly guiding research to suit policy goals, something the Hive abused for so long to support eugenics, forcibly taking children from parents to screen for genetic 'abnormalities,' and other acts all in the name of 'purity' or under the guise of acting 'for the children.' Many leading scientists come here to train, teach, intern, and advance the standard of living for all Nebulans.

One portion of the building that housed large aircraft for the Nebulan government during the Hive War is just large enough for Transformers to stand in. Arcana informed Galen of this, and the convoy of five Transformers and the President came to the experimental aircraft bay, or XAB.

The large cranes and pulleys unloaded the Transformer bodies, standing them up in a row, Hardhead, Highbrow, Brainstorm, Chromedome, Arcee. Their heads were unloaded in front of the bodies, and Doctor Arcana pulled his diagnostic and memory scanning machines into the aircraft bay. President Galen ordered the XAB closed for privacy and to avoid starting a panic amongst the people, who might assume the Hive has new machines to enslave them again.

"Spike, Carly, please help me get these diagnostic computers set up," Arcana asked the two new faces.

As he walked over to help Arcana, Spike commented, "For a people who are machine-averse, you sure have some sophisticated equipment, Doctor."

"There's nothing inherently harmful in a diagnostic computer. But if there's a remote-controlled tank or dual-rotor airship attacking your family and friends," Arcana replied, "well, that's a completely different story."

"I see," Spike replied.

Duros and Galen consulted while Llyra made herself useful to Arcana.

"Arcana, is there anything else we can do to help speed this along?" Carly asked.

While attaching diagnostic probes into Brainstorm's memory center, Arcana checked the connections and that the diagnostic computer was functioning correctly.

"Arcana?"

"Oh, yes, child. If you wouldn't mind helping me connect these relays, that would be most helpful," Arcana answered. "The computer will take some time to process through the robot's neural network. It will be able to tell if these machines are Hive or not and if they were telling us the truth, or if they were programmed to act helpful."

"Surely you don't think that badly about the Autobots," Carly replied, taking it a little personally, considering her experience of over twenty years with the Autobots.

"Well, I've seen them most helpful in the short time I've seen them," Arcana answered. "But we must prove it to the public so they will know for certain. We don't want them to confuse good robots with bad robots."

"That's true," Carly said. "You should have seen the comics when the Autobots first reactivated on Earth! The art was horrible!" She let out a laugh that she shared with Arcana and Spike.

"They even gave me a younger brother!" Spike interjected, as he and Galen walked to the other side of the Autobots to speak to Llyra.

"What?" Arcana said.

"Spike's an only child. His father, who everyone calls 'Sparkplug' was also an early ally of the Autobots," Carly explained.

A voice came out of the hall entrance of the laboratory, over the protests of the scientist at the door.
    "Interesting place you have here, Arcana," said the stylishly dressed man. Not a hair was out of place, and his clothes were picture perfect. He took off his sunglasses, and handed them to his attendant.

"Here, Gort, take these," Stylor said, handing the glasses to the boy.

"Stylor!" Arcana said, turning from his diagnostic. "What are you doing here? This area is off-limits to everyone without my explicit authorization!"

"When you're funding the area that's off-limits, it becomes on-limit," Stylor said, walking down the short flight of stairs towards the Autobot bodies. "So, these are the machines from downtown?"

Arcana sighed and rolled his eyes. Stylor, while well-meaning, had a tendency to think money bought him access to everything, including this lab. And he also tended not to listen to people telling him 'no.'

"Yes, they are," Galen said, walking from Spike and Llyra towards Stylor and Gort. "Now, Arcana needs some time to analyze these robots before we make a press briefing, so if you and your companion here insist on being here, then Doctor," he turned to Arcana, "please make them useful."

"Thank you Mr. President," Arcana said. "Come along gentlemen. You wouldn't want to refuse the President of the planet, would you?" Arcana grabbed both their hands and dragged them along to help with his work.

Spike and Llyra broke out in smiles as Galen walked back.

"I trust you've got similar problems on your Earth?" Galen said.

"Yes, we do," Spike said, chuckling. "There are some socialites like Stylor who think money buys anything. They think only of their image...it's amazing how alike we are."

Hive Island

Lord Zarak stepped outside of his complex to the landing area for hover-cars, a large, gray landing circle atop the fifth floor of his control complex. On the other side of the complex, a twin-tower, purple, green, and black machining complex stood, with a ramp up the center and off the sides, where Zarak was having his arsenal produced.

He was flanked by Krunk, his bodyguard, and Nightstick, his connection to underground Hive operatives. Krunk was about 6 feet tall, muscular, and had short-cropped hair. He was slightly tanned, and wore camo-pants and a plain white T-shirt. Nightstick, true to his area of expertise, wore a business suit, black and red-shirted. He hair was perfectly combed, and his arms were crossed as the three awaited their potential allies.

"So, what're we waiting for, boss?" Nightstick asked.

"We await the arrival of the Decepticons, Nightstick," Zarak replied, not even turning to answer.

"And what'll these Decepticons do for us?" Krunk asked.

"They come from the same planet as the Autobots do," Zarak answered. "And if the spy-feed we saw is correct, then we can ally ourselves with them and take back our rightful place as rulers of the planet Nebulos!"

"And if they don't do as we wish?" Nightstick asked, considering all the angles.

"Well, we can poison our power supply, making it toxic to them, or we can simply destroy them with our island's arsenal," Zarak replied, turning to Nightstick, showing his annoyance at the question.

The sky darkened as several large jets and robots flew in front of the Nebulan sun. As they approached, the jets transformed, revealing their robot forms as well, when they all landed on the large hover-car platform.

"Welcome, Decepticons. I am Lord Zarak," he introduced to the newcomers.

"I do not care who you are, fleshbag," Cyclonus spat. "How did you call us and what is it you want?"

Lord Zarak composed himself before answering, "We propose an alliance with you. We are the Hive. We have information and technology you can use to destroy your enemies...the Autobots."

Outside the Nebulan City

Counter-Punch rolled into view, pulling right up to Soundwave, and without missing a beat, transformed into robot mode, keeping his forward momentum as a purple-and-black cassette popped out of his passenger compartment and into his hand. He handed the cassette to Soundwave. "Galvatron thought the information Ratbat gleaned might be useful. Transmit it to him at once."

"You listened to the information?" Soundwave asked in his monotone voice.

"Of course," Counter-Punch retorted. "You don't think Lord Galvatron would waste his time in a sight-seeing data track, do you? Get to transmitting." The last sentence was as close as Counter-Punch ever got to an emotional outburst from his usual controlled, measured words.

Soundwave transformed into tape player mode, and Ratbat entered the compartment on his chest. The playback started once Soundwave transformed down to cassette player mode. The Terrorcons listened in while Soundwave transmitted simultaneously to Galvatron in their vessel. What the five Terrorcons and Soundwave did not see, was a compartment on Counter-Punch's right index finder slide open, and his thumb pressing a recessed button, allowing him to piggyback the signal to another receiver.

"Autobots found in Commercial District Nebulatix. They were taken to the Ministry of Science after detaching their heads and disarming themselves. Planetary President Galen, Minister Arcana, and other high officials are working to disassemble the Autobots," reported Ratbat in his gravelly recording voice.

"Galvatron," called Hun-Grrr on his wrist-comm as it flipped up. "Have you received the transmission?"

"I have," Galvatron replied. "You lead the Terrorcons. What would your course of action be?"

"We have the Autobots sighted in the Ministry of Science. They are headless and are vulnerable to attack," Hun-Grr replied. Galvatron seemed much more coherent than before, for which Hun-Grr was grateful. Since coming online, and serving under this restored Galvatron, Hun-Grr had been seemingly groomed for his leadership in the Terrorcons. His violent tendencies had impressed Galvatron enough to be taken on this mission, and Hun-Grr was eager to command his own troops against the Autobots. Galvatron saw that Hun-Grr never desired to take his position as leader, only wanting to destroy and terrorize, with the Decepticon cause taking a backseat to satisfying the craving for mindless destruction. A minor liability in Galvatron's plan for a Galactic Decepticon Empire, but still a valuable asset nonetheless. "My course of action is to destroy the ministry and rip the Autobots limb from limb and use the scrap for raw materials."

"Good," came the terse reply from Galvatron. "Keep the Autobots and Nebulans busy while Cyclonus investigates a lead on the signal. Play with them, kill the fleshbags, but do not destroy outright them just yet. I want to know what's happening in the ministry."

"Understood, Lord Galvatron," Hun-Grrr answered. He turned to his assembled Terrorcons and the Duocons. "Decepticons - to the city!"

The Duocons separated and drove and flew themselves towards the city using their split vehicle modes. The Terrorcons and Soundwave flew towards the city to begin their attack.

Ministry of Science

Spike looked at the Unionist flag, which hung on the far wall of the aircraft bay, and it struck him as familiar. Odd, he thought. He looked at the Autobot symbol, and back. It clicked.

"Galen," Spike called, as he briskly walked to the President, who was assisting Arcana, Carly, and Llyra with the Autobots. "That Unionist symbol," he pointed to the flag, "where did it come from?"

"It's an ancient symbol from the Old Ones. There's an abandoned city outside the city walls about 2 clicks out," Galen replied.

"I need a fast hovercar to that city. Now!" Spike said.

"What's the rush?" Arcana asked, looking up from his work.

"I think I know where that symbol came from, and it might explain a bit about your planet," Spike said.

Galen thought for a minute, and told Duros to get him a hovercar and directions to the Old City in the auto-nav unit. Spike hurried to the parking bay while the others worked. He hoped his hunch was right, and if it were, they'd be much better prepared for the coming Decepticon attack he felt was inevitable.

Outside the City

"Prime, come in," Spike called on the communication system in the sleek hovercar. "It's Spike."

"I read you Spike. How is everyone? I saw the newsfeed two hours ago," Prime replied.

"They're fine, if you can call headless fine. President Galen was saved by Brainstorm, and he is trying to prove the Autobots are not Hive machines to the public to prevent a panic. Prime," Spike continued, "I think I know why this planet has such advanced technology, but I might need some help from the Throttlebots to do it. Can you lock into my signal and send them my way?"

"No problem Spike," Prime replied. "What can we do right now?"

"Stay out of sight and away from the Ministry of Science. They can detect Autobots through your transformations' normal chameleon effect," Spike answered. "And be ready for anything."

"Understood," Prime replied. "Be on the look out...the Decepticons are likely to head that way shortly. Prime out."

The Old City

Spike's hovercar slowed and descended as it reached the Old City. It was massive with three large towers, a helipad, and ramps into the main tower and two repair bays. Its size alone was enough to impress Spike. Some dirt and grime, as well as plant life, obscured some of it, but it definitely looked familiar to him. The two-tone gray color was somewhat obscured by the years, but still visible was a large window upon the central tower, which may have been some type of control center. Spike restarted the car and drove up the central ramp inside the city. If he could get up there, he may be able to find some answers...

...more to come
    Next time on Transformers: Headmasters
    Galen: we're under attack!
    Arcana: We can use Brainstorm's theories and mine together...
    Gort: Count me in!
    Duros: I'm game.
    Stylor: Well, it seems like the in-thing to do.

The four heads of the Autobots are noticeably altered.
    The four Nebulans climb into the robot exosuits. Carly climbs into the fifth.

Galen: Behold! Headmasters!

...on the next Transformers: Headmasters

11. surak777

purple and green hmm.... I liked Buster Witwicky.. although he had to be replaced, he was cool.. he did have the matrix in his head for a while (although Prime dying in a video game was utter crap)

12. sixshot666

sixshot666 metal ninja

you got some nice ideas there.....well in.
    but i dont think you can just ignore/rewrite what
    has allready been done in an actuall tf cartoon series,
    i think you've just taken parts you liked from headmasters
    and changed parts you didnt like to suit yourself.

13. ljjnico

ljjnico Future Autobot Leader

Neat! Especially placing Carly as a protagonist instead of her whiny kid Daniel.

Are we going to see Powermasters later on especially upgrading Optimus Prime into Powermaster Optimus Prime (to the Japanese God Ginrai) and turning Roller into Apex Bomber (God Bomber in Japan).

14. Ronald J Whalen

Ronald J Whalen Member

I'm curious about that too. Since Powermaster Optimus Prime might appear, what about Overlord and Darkwing, Dreadwing, and Doubledealer ? I liked the reference to Minerva in regards of what happened to Muzzle; somewhat amusing considering the Nightbeat-Minerva controversy (Japanese toy/show character-to-American toy/comic character).
    I was surprised and pleased to see Carly having a role in all this. She's Daniel's mom and Spike's wife yet she was left out of the action when the whole headmasters and movie events happened, so it's nice to have her taking a more prominent role here.

15. JJohnson

I never really thought about using Roller in that fashion, but good idea! Powermasters will definitely be making an appearance in the series. Note the Zarak quote about poisoning the power supply... (TF comic #42 reference). As for Carly, I always liked her character better than Daniel, even as a kid watching TF, just because she seemed to solve more problems than she created.

James

16. JJohnson

Oh, definitely going to have some Darkwing/Dreadwind -> Dreadwing action, as well as Overlord and Doubledealer...I just hope I get the characterizations right :) 

Just to tease it, look for some Overlord/Apex Optimus Prime action in the Powermaster season... :) 

As for Muzzle, I thought that might be a good way to bring him into things, and tie in how Minerva/Nightbeat are similar.

The first two or three stories are going to set up everything, and the rest of the season will develop the characters more, and you'll definitely see why Nebulos has ties to Cybertron.

And for the rest of episode 2, notice the description where Spike has gone... (hint, hint).

I hope y'all enjoy the series...

James

PS - suggestions and comments always welcome

17. ljjnico

Yeah because God Ginrai was rereleased in the west as Powermaster Optimus Prime with Apex Armor and on the Masterforce commentary Chris McFeely has confirmed that Apex Bomber is indeed Roller.

18. ljjnico

And you could make Mega and Giga as Nebulons as well.

19. surak777

the hive machines had to come from somewhere

20. JJohnson

Ministry of Science

While searching through the information he was downloading from Brainstorm, Arcana came across an interesting file, concerning the Autobots' heads becoming small robot bodies to conserve power. It showed a moderate alteration of the Transformer's head to allow the personality matrix to download into the body, causing the Transformer's body to transform automatically to vehicle mode. In this mode, the vehicle would continue to use the battle computer that every Transformer possessed to operate and navigate, while the Transformer himself concentrated on the fight, allowing him to essentially be in two places at once. His body would act as a 'Transtector,' as Brainstorm theorized, for the Autobot pilot.

While observing the data flow, Arcana saw diagrams and specifications concerning this technology flow across his three monitor workstation as it sifted through the datastream.

Brainstorm's data included specs on the suits and their complex neural interfaces, reminding Arcana of his own work four years ago on Nebulan-machine interfacing through neural-wave synchronization mechanisms. It remained a pet project of his, as the Ministry of Science did not want to upset Purist sentiment in the surrounding region, still angry over years of Hive oppression by mentally-controlled machines, as well as machines which also exerted control over slave labor at the hands of Vorath.

Arcana was impressed by Brainstorm's 'Master' technology, and thought it might be useful, with some refinement, in helping Autobot-Nebulan partnership in the future, if there were such a thing.

"Spike, love," Carly began, putting her arms around Spike from behind, giving him a little kiss on his right cheek, "I just don't like the idea of the Nebulans sifting through the Autobot's heads like this...it just doesn't seem right to me."

"I know. It's like someone pulling out our minds and looking at every hidden memory," Spike agreed. "But they agreed, and if this will help the Autobots, then we should do it."

"So, what did you find when you left?" Galen asked, walking up to the couple.

"I think you might want to sit down, Galen," Spike said as he began his story.

Old City

While walking into the old city, I saw golden-hued hallways, faded over time. I had left the hovercar behind near the entrance to the central tower. I turned on my pocket light, and ventured into the deserted hallway. I came upon what appeared to be an elevator, but not for human-sized occupants. It was big. Big enough to hold a Transformer. I used your computer to access the system, which started up a reserve power.

I took the lift, and had it go to the top. There was no voice interface on these lifts, unlike what you have now, so I had to input the commands manually. Opening the door, it was like I was stepping into the past, literally.

It looked huge. It reminded me of the first time I set foot in the Ark, the Autobots' ship, on Earth. It was as if...

Ministry of Science

Spike's story was interrupted by the explosion of the South wing of the Ministry.

"What's happening?" Galen asked Duros, running over to his Security Chief's station.

"It's an attack, sir!" Duros replied. He keyed in a few commands, and saw multiple news reports on the WorldNet and the Nebulan News Network, called N3. "It appears that the Decepticons that attacked earlier are back, with some friends!"

"Galen, what is it?" Spike asked as he and Carly came over from the couch near the entry stairs to see what was happening.

"We're under attack!" Galen replied forcefully. "It's the Decepticons again."

"You've got to let the Autobots stop them," Carly pleaded. "They're the only ones who can do it."

Galen furrowed his brow. He was caught between a rock and a hard place. On the one hand, these Autobots were the only ones with the power to stop the Decepticons. On the other hand, as President, he did not want to bring some alien war to his only just now peaceful planet, and his populace of over 8.4 billion people would not welcome giant alien robots simply tearing up the cities of their planet without some kind of check on that power.

Deep in thought, Galen held his hand to his chin, as he often did when thinking. He turned to Arcana, who seemed pleased with himself while looking through the data stream.

"Arcana, what have you found?" he asked.

"Mr. President, the Autobots are exactly who they say they are," Arcana replied. "There is no deception, hidden agenda, or viral programming in them. They are a peaceful race, who fight to protect others when threatened."

"At least that's settled," Galen said to himself. "But what can we do about the Decepticons?"

"I may have an answer," Arcana said. "Brainstorm has a theory of using the Autobots' bodies as Transtectors, or vehicles under a battle computer, with a pilot inside. I believe we can use Brainstorm's theories and mine together, and have a Nebulan pilot that vehicle against the Decepticons."

"A Nebulan piloting an Autobot?" Carly asked, unbelieving. "These Autobots have been fighting for thousands of years! How can you expect to fight off Decepticons in a few minutes?"

"Girl's got a point," Duros said, gruffly. "Decepticons are apparently using hit and runs, trying to draw out the Autobots here. That'll reduce casualties at least, but we need to hurry and make a decision, sir."

"You're right, Carly," Galen admitted. "We couldn't simply pilot the Transformers using only their battle computers."

A thought flashed in Galen's head. "Arcana, pull up that Master technology you were looking at a while back."

Arcana pulled the requested data, and Galen leaned over on the terminal, tapping commands into the three monitors as he thought.

"An interesting idea, Mr. President," Arcana said, looking at the President's proposal.

"Instead of replacing the Autobot, partner with him," Galen said, putting his hands together, interlocking the fingers, in a symbol of teamwork. "We have the best of both worlds: years of Autobot experience, plus Nebulan knowledge and intuition. Spike, you yourself told me how you and Hot Rod beat out Sureshot on that firing range you were on."

"Well, yeah, we did,..." Spike admitted.

"Arcana, what do you think? Can we do it?" Galen said, looking to his best scientist.

"Perhaps a modification of the Master technology, and we can become the pilot," Arcana said, conceptualizing the changes necessary.

"The important thing to ask is if the Autobots agree," Carly noted.

"Arcana, can you ask them?" Spike asked.

"Of course," Arcana replied. "They're all connected in an ad-hoc network now, and have been processing everything we've been discussing."

Arcana looked at the monitors, and the display showed the answer. "All five agree to the modification, so long as their personalities can download into their own bodies to retain control there."

"How long?" Duros asked.

"Give me three to five hours," Arcana said, giving it his best guess.

"Can you do it quicker?" Galen asked. "We need to stop those Decepticons, and quickly."

"With more staff, I can do it quicker. Give me twenty or so technicians, and I can cut it to about two to two-and-a-half hours," Arcana replied.

"Done," Galen agreed. He had wanted to keep secret the fact that the Autobots were being kept in the Ministry, but time was of the essence, and lives were at stake. His oath was to protect all Nebulan life, from essence to grave.

Nebulan City

Battle and Trap were along a row of apartment buildings on the riverside of the city. Trap was driving wrecklessly in the street, while Battle, the helicopter, maneuvered a Nebulan driver closer to Trap so they could crash the car. This was more than a job to the Duocon, it was just fun.

A few blocks down, Blot was terrorizing an upper-level school, while Rippersnapper destroyed hovercars in the parking lot. Hunn-Grr was shooting fire at one of the government buildings housing the Central Treasury, while also chomping cars with his other dragon head.

Citizens fled as news reporters cautiously took footage from a safe distance to avoid being endangered as well. Luckily, no reports of fatalities had come in. It wouldn't be long though, before the Decepticons took it to that.

Ministry of Science

After more than two hours of quick and intensive work, Arcana and his team, increased to more than thirty-five scientists and technicians, were finishing up the modifications to the Autobots. Five moderately-sized exosuits, with grey bodies, but colored arms and legs, stood before the Nebulans, Spike, and Carly. One green, one orange, one teal, one blue, and one pink.

"One more adjustment," Arcana said, tapping a few final commands into his diagnostic computer. He finished uploading brainwave synchronization software into the five suits, which would complete the melding of the two disparate minds, allowing them to communicate mentally. "There. Finished. Now, we need five pilots."

"I will volunteer," Galen said, stepping forward from the line of onlookers, including Llyra, Carly, Spike, Duros, Gort, Peacemaker, Stylor, and a few other scientists.

"Mr. President, I cannot let you put yourself in harm's way like that," Duros objected. "It's my job to keep you safe, not put you in the front lines."

"Count me in!" Gort said, enthusiastically. "I want to help out."

"I'm game," Duros volunteered. Years of experience meant to him that he would put himself in harm's way before others.

"And I will volunteer as well," Arcana said, raising a hand in agreement.

"Well, it seems like the in-thing to do," Stylor added, taking off his sunglasses, and placing them in his pocket, crossing his arms afterwards.

"I want to help too," Llyra said, stepping forth. "I can partner with Arcee."

"With all due respect, Llyra," Carly interrupted, stepping up to the First Wife of Nebulos, "the same argument for Galen goes for you. We can't let you take that risk. Besides, I've known Arcee for a long time, and I've trusted her with my own son's safety for a long time. I'll join with her."

"Carly, are you sure?" Spike asked, taking his wife by the shoulders.

She placed his hands in hers, and looked him in the eyes. "Yes, I am. I want to do this, Spike."

"I just wish I could join you out there as well, perhaps help out more," Spike admitted.

"Spike, Carly," Galen interrupted softly, admitting to their logic of not becoming a volunteer, also thinking about the urgency of their situation. They had lost two hours or so of time fighting Decepticons here.

"Everyone, please, take an Autobot," Galen said.

"Hardhead seems a match for me," Duros said, climbing into the exosuit.

"I like a little high flying," Gort said with a smile, climbing into Highbrow's exosuit.

"I believe Brainstorm and I would make a productive pair," Arcana said, climbing into the exosuit.

"Well, I can polish the finish after we're done," Stylor said, climbing into Chromedome's suit. He was more concerned with how he would look driving up to next Saturday's Nebulos Live party than the coming battle.

"You and me, Arcee," Carly said to herself, climbing into the pink exosuit.

The exosuits closed on the five volunteers, and a locking mechanism closed the chest pieces. The systems started, and the five exosuits came to life. A slight wave of dizziness and disorientation came through as the synchronization software synchronized the suits to the brainwaves of the five volunteers.

"Woah!" Gort said, moving the arms and looking around. "This is nice! Much better than doing stables and working with horses."

"I like it," Duros said succinctly. "It feels like a second skin."

"That's the neural interface working," Arcana explained. "We'll need a small interface implant to complete the process, but we will be effective enough for now."

"Well, everyone, it's go time," Spike said, extending his arms to everyone in the suits. "It's time to transform and let the Decepticons have it!"

"Transform!" Gort called out to everyone. With the brainwave synchronization, and the combined schematic of Arcana's control system with Brainstorm's transformation mechanisms, each of the five initiated the transformation process. The five suits shifted and contorted, becoming five Transformer-sized heads. The five heads of the Autobots were visibly altered as a result of the Headmaster process.

The five bodies, formerly without heads, now picked up the heads, and re-attached them to their shoulders. A slight electric discharge was seen as the heads and bodies reunited again.

"Behold! Headmasters!" Galen exclaimed, seeing the five Autobots reactivated, seemingly without any problems.

"This is an interesting predicament," Highbrow noted, his consciousness reawakened, absorbing the information regarding the Headmaster process from Gort. "I presume we will now be working together."

"Hey, Highbrow," Gort greeted his new partner.

"It's exciting to see my theory in practice," Brainstorm said. "And it's interesting to know your thoughts and contributions to it as well, Arcana."

"Glad to hear it, my boy," Arcana replied. "But first, we've got a few nuisances to take care of."

...to be concluded