Transformers:Season 3

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by signals3, May 31, 2006.

1. signals3

signals3 Frightfully Important TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    After watching most of the season 3 eps, it occured to me that there was something missing. After thinking about it playing Mario Kart, I realized that what was missing in a lot of episodes was, well, fun. Seasons 1 and 2 had a lot of great things going for them. Strong characters, consistent animation, good (even if sometimes a bit goofy) stories, and most of all, a living Starscream!!! Think about that...in S3 the Decepticons were kinda boring...Cyclonus was boring, Scourge had his moments...and other than that, there was really no one else featured on a regular basis, even though they gave Octane a bit to do. Galvatron was made into a screeching loon; and I really do not like the voice Mr. Welker employed either. It's like Barney rubble when his voice changed later on. But back to Starscream....I love that guy...his two eps are great, and thats partly what made the first seasons good....the conflicts that Megatron and Starscream had, and all of his plotting and all that. Also hindering S3 was that the movie set a new tone for the series and Transformers in general. Gone were our original Autobots and Decepticons that got us into TF's in the first place...and when they were killed the whole thing became much darker for better or worse..and that carried on to season 3. Perhaps thats what zapped some of the joy out of it. Also, the autobots that replaced the originals were kinda dull too. Rodimus was always depressed about something, Ultra Magnus was eh, not very exciting. Compare these characters to s 1-2...you have a whole range of personalities....Jazz, Ironhide, Wheeljack....great voices and great characters....compare someone like Jazz to say, Springer, and you see what I mean. Animation was another problem for me at least. FFOD was terrible....that Akom, I tell ya. We get used to the wonderful movie animation (mistakes included) and then we go to bla. Now there are some notable eps that look great, and you know the ones, and lets not get started on Rebirth. Can you imagine Dark Awakening animated like Call of the Primitives....oooooh. Well, what do you think about Season 3, what was good what did you not like?

2. signals3

News Credits:
    sorry i am so long winded

3. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

I like season three just as much as season one or two. Season three had a lot more epic feel. The scope of the show was expanded beyond just Earth and Cybertron, we got to see a lot more alien worlds and creatures and where the TFs fit in the universe on a more intergalactic scale. 2005 has come and gone now, but I also liked how season three was set in the "future." And while I miss seeing some charcters from earlier seasons, I like a lot of the movie/season three characters just as much as the earlier ones.

4. Darth Fitch

Darth Fitch Herald of Golobulus

I get what you're saying. There wasn't much depth to Season 3, besides the Dweller. The cheese was definitely thicker, the writing wasn't as compelling. Then, of course, they throw out a beauty like "The Burden Hardest to Bear" which is a must see... IMO

"Yes, we've really screwed up this product too. Oh well, we won't even try.. let's milk this dead cow for as much as we can" - Ever lovin' Hasbro

5. Crobot91

Crobot91 Daddy has lots of TFs...

News Credits:
    For me Season 3 was horrible in all aspects:

-Poor characters and poor alternate modes,
    -Futuristic environment and weird planets which totally destroyed the R.I.D. idea,
    -Storytelling devolved for younger viewers (i.e. Galvatron being crazy), and
    -Animation was crap (especially when comparing to the Movie),

6. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    One of the things that I always wondered about S3 was Jazz...it was rumored that he was to have played a bigger role if his VA didn't pass away...

7. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I think Season 3 had a TON of potential...the animation is a big reason I'm not as big a fan of it as I am Seasons 1 and 2...which may seem hypocritical since 'Dweller in the Depths' and "Call of the primitives' both had friggin' amazing animation for it's era...but also the Dinobots being dumbed down is also a huge reason I prefer pre-movie as well...

8. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Didn't much care for the dimmer-than-usual Dinobots myself. If you want a fun and witty episode, I always thought "Webworld" was pretty darn good.

9. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i think what youre missing are paragraphs.

seriously, the only thing that really bugged me with the S3 was the deteriorating quality of the animation. i mean, can you guys recall the scene from the 1st epi where jazz was in that race, shown from side view.

my god, that was horrendous.

10. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    To me the only good thing about season 3 was Optimus Prime making a comeback, twice!

11. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    season 3 is my favorite season of G1

12. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Gee, I wonder why? ;) 

13. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree with alot of this. Personally I liked season 3 better than the first two for alot of what is outlined in that quote.

14. signals3

News Credits:
    ....Paragraphs are for suckers.....j/k, I just kind of ramble stream on conciousness kinda. when I do these things......

15. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love all the G1 seasons in their own ways. But I prefered the epic sci-fi feel to season 3.

16. SkyfireMike

SkyfireMike Cybertron's Chief BOFH

Ebay:
    I like season 4. Am I weird?

Mike

17. Emperor Bruticus IV

Emperor Bruticus IV Destron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    i totaly see your POV. However i did enjoy it. The transformers where thinkin more outside the box, earth wasnt the only planet in the universe where energy could be found etc.... I think S3 could have been the best had it had a little more deph and tigher animation. (btw another cool ep for animation is Nightmare planet.. Predacons, Magnus & co look great, story line was crap though)

18. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    I'm not gonna say "Season 3 sucks" but I do admit that the previous 2 season were better. ACtually for some reason I can't remember season 3. And the little things i remember I don't like them. Perhaps it was the atmosphere of the animation. or perhaps HIM. :lol 
    But I do enjoy the last episodes. Optimus Prime and Galvatron fighting together: :rock 

19. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

Honestly to me, Season 3 was better than Season 1 and 4 and equal to Season 2. Season 3 had great characters that were overshadowed by the death Optimus Prime. Infact the post movie era never ever recovered from the death of Optimus Prime. The animation did suffer from episode to episode but the writing was superb for a cartoon. Dark Awakening, Web World, Choas, Face of Nijitka, Burden Hardest To Bear, Ultimate Weapon, Ghost Of Starscream, Ghost In The Machine were all great episodes including animation and writing.

Season 3 had alot of classic characters Kup, Blurr, Galvatron, Cyclonus, are unforgettable characters. Galvatron insanity, Kups corny old war stories, Blurr super speed, Cyclonus actually keeping the Decepticons together in mist of Galvatron's lunacy. Alot of great over shadowed by Optimus Prime's death.

20. Neomarsala

Neomarsala Transform and Roll Out

I'm sure when most of us(including myself) think of TFs we think of the Pre-movie era. However, I always loved the Movie and the new characters it introduced. In fact, in some ways, I probably like the Movie characters more than the Pre-movie characters.

I know it's been said before, but it's a shame that Rodimus Prime didn't get more time to shine. I think you have to give credit to the writers that they didn't make Rodimus just an Optimus clone. They definately made him his own character. Really the thing that bugs me the most about Season 3 is TRoOP. Especially since it came right after "Burden Hardest to Bear" in which Rodimus finally decided to accept his role as leader. If Optimus hadn't come back and there had been a real Season 4, I bet Rodimus would have become an awesome leader.