Transformers SDCC Panel Schedule

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by fallen_revenge, Jul 2, 2012.

1. fallen_revenge

fallen_revenge Movie News Addict

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Transformers related panels:

Thursday:
    10:00-11:00 IDW & Hasbro— Join senior editor John Barber (Transformers: Robots in Disguise), editor Carlos Guzman, and Hasbro's director of global publishing Michael Kelly reveal secrets and upcoming plans for Transformers, G.I. Joe, Dungeons & Dragons, Magic: The Gathering, and more. A new Transformers series will be announced-as well as a new license. Panelists include Larry Hama (G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero), Chris Metzen (Transformers: Autocracy), Flint Dille (Transformers: Autocracy), Livio Ramondelli (Transformers: Autocracy), Andrew Griffith (Transformers: Robots in Disguise), Brendan Cahill (Transformers: Robots in Disguise), Mike Costa (G.I. Joe: Cobra), plus surprise guests! Room 9

1:30-2:30 Hasbro: Transformers Brand— Aaron Archer (vice president, Hasbro Design) and Jerry Jivoin (director, Global Transformers Brand) discuss the hottest Transformers topics including the Transformers Prime and Transformers Rescue Bots TV series, action figures, video games, comics, theme park rides and more. Attendees will also get sneak peeks at upcoming action figures and brand news. Jerry and Aaron will also host some Q&A for your burning Transformers questions. Roll out! Room 24ABC

Saturday:
    10:00-11:00 Activision Panel Featuring Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Video Game Talent— Legendary Transformers voice talent and game experts at developer High Moon Studios come together in one epic panel to discuss their roles in the upcoming Activision video game Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. Panelists include Peter Cullen (voice of Optimus Prime), Gregg Berger (voice of Grimlock), Nolan North (voice of Cliffjumper), and Matt Tieger (High Moon Studios game director). They'll give everyone an inside look into bringing your favorite characters to life in the making of the video game, as well as answer the questions you've been dying to ask. Room 7AB

11:30-12:30 IDW's Digital-First Comics— IDW is at the forefront of digital comics, bringing special new series to digital before they come out in print. Hear more about the making of digital blockbuster Transformers Autocracy, and learn more about new projects featuring Transformers, Star Trek and Memorial. Join an all-star cast featuring Chris Metzen (World of Warcraft, Transformers Autocracy), Flint Dille (Transformers Autocracy), Livio Ramondelli (Transformers), Mike Johnson (Star Trek), Chris Roberson (Memorial), John Barber (Transformers, G.I. Joe), Lorelei Bunjes (IDW Digital), and Jeff Webber (IDW Digital). Room 24ABC

1:00-2:00 Cartoon Voices I— Audiences flock each year to moderator Mark Evanier's panels of folks who supply the voices of your favorite animated characters. They demonstrate their craft and tell who they are and how they got into that bizarre line of work, and you'll hear a voice session happen right before your ears. This year's Saturday gathering features Matthew Mercer (ThunderCats, Resident Evil 6), Debi Derryberry (Jimmy Neutron, Monster High), April Winchell (Lilo & Stitch, The Legend of Tarzan), Steve Blum (Transformers, The Super Hero Squad Show), Fred Tatasciore (Kung Fu Panda, The Hulk), Jack Angel (Toy Story 3, G.I. Joe), and the legendary Chuck McCann. Room 6BCF

Sunday:
    11:30-12:45 Cartoon Voices II— It's the second of two panels this weekend featuring folks who supply the voices of your favorite animated characters. Moderator Mark Evanier will interrogate them about how they do what they do, ask them how they came to do what they do, and make them demonstrate what they do. Their ranks this time will include Dee Bradley Baker (American Dad, SpongeBob SquarePants), Rob Paulsen (Pinky and the Brain, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles), Audrey Wasilewski (The Garfield Show, My Life as a Teenage Robot), Jim Ward (The Avengers, The Fairly OddParents), Gregg Berger (The Garfield Show, Transformers), and Misty Lee (The Garfield Show, Spider-Man). Room 6A

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Taziir

Taziir Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thursday

10:00-11:00 IDW & Hasbro— Join senior editor John Barber (Transformers: Robots in Disguise), editor Carlos Guzman, and Hasbro's director of global publishing Michael Kelly reveal secrets and upcoming plans for Transformers, G.I. Joe, Dungeons & Dragons, Magic: The Gathering, and more. A new Transformers series will be announced-as well as a new license. Panelists include Larry Hama (G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero), Chris Metzen (Transformers: Autocracy), Flint Dille (Transformers: Autocracy), Livio Ramondelli (Transformers: Autocracy), Andrew Griffith (Transformers: Robots in Disguise), Brendan Cahill (Transformers: Robots in Disguise), Mike Costa (G.I. Joe: Cobra), plus surprise guests! Room 9

1:30-2:30 Hasbro: Transformers Brand— Aaron Archer (vice president, Hasbro Design) and Jerry Jivoin (director, Global Transformers Brand) discuss the hottest Transformers topics including the Transformers Prime and Transformers Rescue Bots TV series, action figures, video games, comics, theme park rides and more. Attendees will also get sneak peeks at upcoming action figures and brand news. Jerry and Aaron will also host some Q&A for your burning Transformers questions. Roll out! Room 24ABC

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  3. fallen_revenge

fallen_revenge Movie News Addict

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I didnt see that. THANKS :) 

4. Taziir

Taziir Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Likewise, I hadn't seen the listings for Saturday :) 

5. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    Not bad. Maybe we'll hear something on MP release and FOC Dinobots.

6. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Since I imagine I'll be in line at the Hasbro booth for the exclusives around then and unable to ask myself, can someone ask the following:

IDW:

Does Mike Costa stand by his comments he made about Transformers a few months ago on the Underbase podcast?

Hasbro:

The polite version of "What the hell happened with the Prime Airachnid figure?" How could the same line produce the Deluxe Vehicon yet also turn out this...thing?

With the smaller size of the Prime figures and the upcoming Generations FoC figures, are smaller figures at the same or higher prices just a fact of life that longtime fans have to accept going forward? During the DotM line we were told the smaller figures of that line were due to the large Mechtech weapons the figures came with. With no such oversized weapons (outside of the Prime Voyagers), what's changed?

Has there been any thought to changing the way case assortments and redeco choices are made? I know Bumblebee is popular with kids, but the amount of Bumblebee toys I see sitting on store shelves is starting to become hard for even me to ignore.

(I know they may offer generic answers that we could get at Botcon, but I'm curious if Hasbro reacts at all if they receive some more pointed questions from what is usually considered a general audience. As for Costa, I'm very curious to see his reaction to such a question since he'll be sitting right next to Transformers people at that panel.)

7. muffinhunter

muffinhunter Well-Known Member

New Transformers comic series? Well, I know what I WANT it to be, but what are the odds?

8. cuters

cuters Diabolist

classics trailbreaker news would be nice

9. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I just mainly want news on a US release of Voyager Breakdown and Deluxe Jet Vehicon.

10. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This.

11. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    So pre-screened questions then?

12. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    everytime I look for SDCC tickets they are sold out before I can blink. Are there any ever available at the last second? People selling them outside? (legitimately of course) and how to get to go see these particular panels, stand in line or sign up ahead of time?

13. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    you forgot Friday
    6:00-7:00 Optimus Prime: Up Close and Personal—The incomparable Larry King, one of the most recognized broadcast interviewers in the world, goes one-on-one with voice actor Peter Cullen (Optimus Prime), a talent who is practically synonymous with Comic-Con itself. In this panel, "The King of Interviews" salutes the beloved Cullen and takes attendees through the actor's early days on the original 1984 animated TV series Transformers Generation One, the three box office smash Transformers movies, and his current work on The Hub TV network's Daytime Emmy Award-winning animated series Transformers Prime from Hasbro Studios. Audience Q&A to follow. Room 23ABC

14. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  15. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    So technically there's /kinda sorta/ a Transformers Prime panel?

CHEAPSKATES. >8|

16. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ditto.

17. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i'm curious about this, unless it's just Regeneration. but i'm honestly worried about them just over saturating the market...

agreed, i bet we see something.

18. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Nah, they just wrote it wrong. It should be

You write the questions on paper while they prepare the pyre.

19. CardboardRobot

CardboardRobot Bounty Hunter Hunter

Question: Where is nick roche?

20. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    Well that pretty much bites monkey butt,the news about a new series,which now we'll have to wait 2 whole seasons for any figures to be made of.And since that has been said wonder when Prime is finished for good,oh and we got what a grand total of 4 or 5 waves of Prime figures.Hasbro is basically killing this hobby for me.Sorry for the rant but its true.