Transformers Screenings Start at 8pm on JULY 2ND??

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by GMANIFESS, Jun 5, 2007.

1. GMANIFESS

GMANIFESS G1 Manifestations

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    News to me... maybe not to you...

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=5805

"It was announced a few days ago that Paramount/DreamWorks will release Michael Bay's Transformers in theaters the evening of July 2nd. What we didn't know is what time.

ComingSoon.net/Superhero Hype! has learned that the movie will be released just like Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, which started screening at 8 p.m. on May 24th and played all night leading into the weekend.

The first Transformers screenings will also start at 8 p.m. on Monday, July 2nd and theaters will run the movie all evening leading into the "official" release date of July 3rd."

2. DeceptiKreep

DeceptiKreep Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wonder when you can buy tickets

3. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    the officialy release date is july fourth. why the hell are they opening this movie on a monday? thats retarded.

4. Faust

Faust Bring on da wimmens!

Interesting indeed...

we better call Nightbeat on this one!

5. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Because the release date moved to July 3rd, and I had only thought it was going to be midnight showings, but doing it ala Pirates is cool.

6. meetoblivion

meetoblivion aka chazzy

Ebay:
    we've known for a week or two now that the release date is now July 3rd.

The 8pm screenings on monday make sense, pirates did it this year so why not transformers?

7. Faust

Faust Bring on da wimmens!

Makes sense to me.

8. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    YAY that means i can see it twice on July 2nd

9. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    At this rate it'll end up airing the last week of june

10. ViperDragon

ViperDragon Well-Known Member

OK. Nice to see it earlier but I have to rant a little. Spider-Man 3 was released on Thursday evening and made a crap load of $$$ thru Sunday breaking all the world ticket records. The comes Pirates with the same setup but they get Monday Memorial day and it breaks Spider-Man 3's records BUT only because it had an extra day and they count it. Now you got Transformers coming out Monday evening and they are going to account all days thru Sunday which will probably break both Pirates and Spider-Man sales. Doesn't seem very fair to count the extra days and announce it's the most record breaking movie ever. Also, Harry Potter 5 was moved up 2 days to Wednesday.

I am excited for the move but just getting tired of the box offices counting all these extra days as a weekend haul. Why don't all movies just get released on Mondays now instead of Friday!

11. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Actually, Pirates 3 did not beat Spiderman 3 for the highest weekend gross. It toppled X-Men 3 for the hihghest Memorial Day gross.

http://boxofficemojo.com/alltime/

12. citcgn

citcgn Well-Known Member

Well, they didn't do it until after the Harry Potter announcement. They're probably still wanting to have a good 1.5 weeks for the movie to make money, rather than the week they were left with after Potter's move. I would think we'd want it as well, since the more money this puppy makes, the more likelihood of a sequel. Aw, who am I kidding, there's going to be a sequel anyways but if it makes a crapload of money in 1.5 weeks as opposed to a smaller crapload of money in 1 week, it just makes things that much stronger. Blockbuster movies these days need that strong opening week. Just the way it is.

13. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Opens on Monday now, aye? Good. I can watch it twice in the same week and help boost the box office opening numbers. :D 

14. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just got confirmation of this at my job (I work in a theatre). For Pirates, we ran shows at 8, 9, 10, 11, and midnight. Dunno what we're doing for TFs- probably dpesneds on how many prints and forecasted box office. Monday nights generally aren't that strong.

15. turk128

turk128 Well-Known Member

The studios might wave around the numbers as if they were weekend numbers only but everyone else knows better including the reporters who report on this stuff.

I'm scartching my head as to why they are opening it on a monday, thou. I can't remember the last movie opening on a monday either.

16. stencilator

stencilator Member

Last night while watching the Simpsons I saw a full movie ad with plenty of good material that ended with large type...

JUNE 28

I'm in Australia, and I know that we're getting the world premiere on June 12, but June 28 is still close enough for me.

That was a good half hour of TV.

17. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yay!

18. Aberration

Aberration Templar Rodimus

News Credits:
    I'm not usually one to hit the early-bird screenings, but of course I'll make an exception for this movie :)  What's the best way to get tickets as early as possible? Fandango?

19. Thorns2010

Thorns2010 Well-Known Member

What I don't understand is all the TV ads are still saying July 4th. So are they going to change those now? 1 week before the 4th? Or not at all??

I would assume people who aren't really really really excited about this movie are not going to know that the date has been moved up. So how is this suppose to boost sales before Harry Potter?

20. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

I really don't know if I buy this - or the July 3rd opening, either (I can't find the official Paramount press release) - all I know is that by the 4th of July - for sure - I'll have seen the film at least once. And that's okay by me. :)