Transformers & School

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Paladin, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Does anyone else ever have their hobby overlap with the academic world?

Right now I'm taking classes on Advertising & Marketing. One of our big discussion points right now is product placement. I'm writing a paper about ROTF because I thought it would be a good example of brand usage.

2. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I used a MP Optimus pic once for a Business project I had back in high school Consumer Ed.

3. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I did a demonstrative speech in my speech class in college in which I showed my class how to transform Cybertron Primus.

In my Composition II class, I did an advertisement analysis of an ad for Transformers G1 Jazz Reissue.

In my Web Coding I class, I did my final project website based on my "Fallen's Threat" Transformers photocomic that I was only just beginning to work on at the time, plus did a few single page websites featuring Transformers content.

That's just about it on doing anything Transformers related in my schoolwork.

4. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    I wrote two research papers for my Master's Degree on Transformers. The first was a historical piece looking at the FCC regulations and public opinion regarding marketing towards kids and media with Transformers as my main case study. The second was how Optimus Prime could and should be considered a popular culture icon if we consider all three of the academically accepted definitions of the term.

A plus on both pieces, and here I sit with a Master's Degree in Communication with an emphasis on Media Production and Culture. I guess playing with toys and watching cartoons based on giant, transforming alien robots paid off, huh?

5. $shockwave$

$shockwave$ Banned

News Credits:
    I wrote a 500 word essay about political and society now and days for english.

I mostly used Transformers to compare it to those 2 topics.

6. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Freshman year in college, I wrote an essay that opened thusly:
    “Freedom is the right of all sentient beings” is the motto of an American cultural icon character from the late 1980s.
    That essay was later selected by the English board as one of 14 student essays to be published in the first edition of what is now an annual college publication of student work.
    So what I thought was a goofy Transformers plug is now part of the college history. :lol 

I also did a powerpoint presentation sophomore year involving the theme of competition in video games and comparative media (namely movies). The presentation was titled "One Shall Stand...One Shall Fall," used one of the TFW2005 wallpapers (faction emblem clash) as the background, had the death of Optimus Prime in the '86 movie as an example of how it can be psychologically detrimental when the "good guy" loses, and I also had a clip from the 2007 movie with Jazz and Ratchet fighting Brawl. It was a well-recieved presentation. :cool: 

And this year, I had to write what are called "American Sentences," which are like single-line haiku. The last one on my list was "Optimus Prime seems to enjoy ripping Decepticon faces off."

Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
  7. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Our fellow board member Lumpy is a teacher here and teaches film (among other things) and he often shows the animated and live action movie

8. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I guess my field of study, which can be applied to automotives, could be applied to automotives that are also robots.

9. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    I did a comparative paper with the '86 cartoon movie and the '07 live-action film. As part of the project, I showed the class the 1986 film. Everyone lol'd at the sheer awesomeness/cheesiness of the '80s (can't blame them)... and I got "The Touch" stuck in a couple of people's heads as well, mwahaha.

10. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

I vaguely recall writing a paper in college. Something about the Toys R Us reissues and their comparative effect on the after market value of their predecesors.

11. Unicron the Pla

Unicron the Pla Cybertronian Accountant

Freshman collage year for my political science class we had to pick a civilization, either real or fictional in a certain historical period and explain what would be do if we where the leader, dictators, aspiring leaders or who ever was in charged in that time, instead of what they actually did. I picked Cybertron in the cival war era from War with in and assumed the position of Ratbat leader of the Ultracons and the choices I took instead of the original Ratbat. I got an A- but before I even started since none of them new anything about Transformers I had to give a brief historical report of G1 era.

12. ghowildseven

ghowildseven SG Decepticon

I wrote a paper about Transformers' impact in Freshman English.

13. joebot.

joebot. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Instagram:
    I did a still life with masterpiece prime in it. Instructor was nostalgic

14. Lock Cade

Dang. I sure wish to have been in his class for that.

15. shocky the spy

shocky the spy Zaku Pilot

When i retake my spoken english exam next year i have chosen transformers as a subject.

16. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

Show and tell :D 

EDIT: oh and in school we had this motivational video presentation and they showed little bits of big blockbuster movies and the BB & Barricade chase scene was in it. Bonecrusher destroying the bus was in the intro

17. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Back in Seventh grade is drew a (sh*ty) G1 Optimus for an art project. I also mentioned Megatron and OP in an English assignment. In 5th grade a TF or two for Show and Tell. I had the most kick ass show an tells in history. I also mentioned in a power point that year that I look like Brad Pitt.

18. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

I won a writing contest with an Animated fanfiction. :3

And yes, fanfictions were allowed.

19. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Awesomeness!

20. Lock Cade

I didn't think they would accept fanfics in writing contests, but then again I guess that just depends on the contest though.