TransFormers ROTF: The Movie Universe vs. G.I Joe: The Rise of Cobra: Mission Dossier

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by KAGE, Jul 29, 2009.

1. KAGE

KAGE aka: GibsonKAGE

News Credits:
    Not sure if I should post this here....

But I was at Barnes & Noble and was looking through G.I Joe: The Rise of Cobra: Mission Dossier. Why cant the TF movie have a book like that!?

Im mean the first TF movie guide book was seriously weak but the new Movie Universe guide was a step up but is still a hard read. There is so much worthless information in that book, the only thing its good for is bot stats other than that its just a bunch of random line pointing to random parts with no real explanation to what they do outside of the weaponary.

Im a real geek for techno bable so I may pick up the G.I Joe: The Rise of Cobra: Mission Dossier depending on how the movie turns out, it looks like a good read.

2. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I kind of wish TF had something like that as well.

3. Primesfist

Primesfist Well-Known Member

I don't like the way G.I Joe used the Ironhide flipping through the air in slo-mo dodging missiles action shot - goddamn copycats!

4. shaintheman

shaintheman Well-Known Member

THIS - it pissed me off too

5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Maybe it's to make up for how bad the file cards on the back of the GI Joe toys have gotten. It went from lots of cool stuff about a character to only two sentences and a blurb about what weapon they like. Thus maybe Hasbro felt like they needed a book loaded with information to make up for the back of the toy not telling you anything any more.

But more info packed books would be nice. I picked up a Star Wars guide like that one time and while pictures might be nice having some info is way better so maybe if the GI Joe guide does well it will encourage them to put more information in future Transformers guides.

6. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Copycats? Come on man. Thats like saying G1 TF cartoon copied the GI Joe cartoons music that plays through the episodes. GI Joe and TFs are on the same team. Why are you hating?

7. nemetoad

nemetoad Well-Known Member

I just want a book for RotF with all concepts and CGI renders of each, much to the style of...say, SideSwipe pre-release. AKA, I want to see Soundwave in clear detail >_>

8. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Ha ha well you know slow motion dodging missiles was so original because it was nothing like slow motion dodging bullets and no other films use the slow motion action trick these days.