Transformers: RotF Patch Request

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Autobot Bandit, Jun 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Autobot Bandit

Autobot Bandit Banned

It has just come to my attention that the new Transformers: RotF video game has a major control flaw in it.

In order to Transform from Robot to Vehicle mode, you have to HOLD down the R2 button (PS3 users)... AND KEEP IT HELD DOWN!

Details are sketchy, but at this time it appears that the R2 button also serves as the accelerator in vehicle mode... so not only do you need this button to REMAIN a vehicle, but you also have the pedal to the metal constantly! If you want to brake... hold TWO buttons down at the same time...

Even IGN has noticed this flaw:

Transformers: RotF Review

I'm asking for fellow support by contacting Activision and LuxoFlux of our concerns and clamor for a patch to be released.

More details and support of this cause can be found at my website: TFShorts

And to you naysayers who claim that asking for a patch is a waste of time... I have one thing to say to you... "Killzone 2 Controls..." Change can happen with enough support.

2. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Your making a big deal over nothing and so is IGN. The controls are solid.

3. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    It's not a flaw.

The control and actions from vehicle to special actions are perfect because of it.

Come play multiplayer and I'll demonstrate as I wreck you.

4. Opticron Primal

News Credits:
    He doesn't even own it.

5. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It took a second to get used to it, but then I was ok. Not to mention that this control scheme made me learn the PS3 and I'm sure 360 controller in a way I hadn't before. I actually learned too adjust those pressure on those analog buttons, and so now I can play a better game when those types of adjustments are needed, like racing games.

WAIT A SECOND....

What happened to Killzone controls??

6. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Patch? No need for it. Only thing we need is DLC of Sideswipe and many others. The controls in this game are perfect. Dare I say these are the best control schemes for a TF game yet.

7. Counterpunch?

Ebay:
    Dare!

Dare!

8. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I won't go that far. I still like the Armada ones, but this game is still a lot of fun. Sides, sorry I couldn't play yesterday, I was getting ready for the movie... and what a god damn great movie it was!

9. Autobot Bandit

Autobot Bandit Banned

Got a problem with Game Chronicles too? Or just any review that doesn't agree with you?

Game Chronicles

10. Opticron Primal

News Credits:
    They make a big deal over this basically cause it's the first time the transformation button for a Transformers game did more then.....well.....transform. Everyone I know here who has the game has had no problems with it.

It's best to try stuff out yourself instead of relying on what other people think.

And also, after 15 hours of gameplay you still screw up? I'm sorry, but I played a total of about 6 hours and have not had any problems with it.

11. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

The controls just take some getting used to which you obviously haven't even attempted. Don't knock it until you try it man.

12. Counterpunch?

Ebay:
    If after 15 hours of playing Game Chronicles can't get it right, they should just quit.

Pathetic.

It's equally lame that you're taking sides with those reviewers when you have multitudes of people on here, seibs, and other sites saying that the controls work well.

Is it true that you don't own the game? If that's the case I'd like you to stop inputting anything regarding the effectiveness of the layout. I was one of the people who did a full review over at the other Transformers site (seibs) and I spent all weekend learning the ins and outs of this game.

You're wasting time and internet with this 'Patch Request'.

13. Autobot Bandit

Autobot Bandit Banned

Oh that's sooo funny! Because that's the exact same thing "they" said to all the complainers about the Killzone 2 controls... and we all know how that turned out.

Is it really common sense to spend $60 on a game despite low, low review scores? Sure, I could always take it back for a refund... but doesn't this defeat the purpose of researching a credible review?

Since you all asked so nicely, I will rent this game soon.

14. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Oh, this deserved its own thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.