Transformers ROTF Expanded Score "Choose"

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by DecepticonsRule, Feb 3, 2010.

1. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    On the Transformers Movie main website, there is a piece of score that plays that is entitled "Choose".

http://www.transformersmovie.com/choose/score.mp3

It combines elements from many of the scores from TF1 (Witwicky, Deciphering the Signal), but yet also contains a lot of new elements that are familiar to the ROTF film.

I'm just wondering if anyone has heard this before, because I honestly think it's pretty cool.

2. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    nope...

I wonder what else didn't make it to CD

3. DecepticonsRule

News Credits:
    A whole bunch of stuff...

- Constructicons under Water
    - Reedman/Ravage
    - Devastator Attacks
    - Optimus Drop

Not only that, a lot of stuff that was on the CD was shortened versions of what actually appeared in the film.

4. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I feel ripped off

5. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Why? It's nothing new. It's how film scores have ALWAYS been released. Expanded or Complete scores only surface through special circumstances after the initial OST release... generally. The only recent exception I can think of is the score for 2008's The Incredible Hulk. The only version available is a 2 disc set consisting of the complete score. It even contained cues for the extended version of the film as well as cues not used at all. Quite rare for a first run score release! But I'm not complaining, it's a fantastic score!

That having been said, it is frustrating that the ROTF release contains only 44 minutes of music! That's at least 15-20 minutes shorter than the disc for the first film, not to mention just plain short in the age of CD's. My only hope is that it was produced that way in order to better secure a worthwhile profit on a possible complete score release in the near future. I can hope!

6. DecepticonsRule

News Credits:
    Someone should contact Steve Jablonsky about an Expanded Score. He might be able to do something about it getting released.

7. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I totally agree. It be cool to have an Expanded Score from the TF Movies.

Just listened to "Choose." Awesome piece of music.

8. DecepticonsRule

News Credits:
    Something interesting I just noticed...

On the information for the song, the album it is "listed" in is the "Transformers 2 Revenge of the Fallen Pre-Release". I thought this was rather interesting as we didn't GET a ROTF Expanded Score... yet there seems to be an album of it somewhere...

Any thoughts?

9. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Pre-Releases, or Promo Scores, are handed out to folks in the business as a preview of music for a new film, as well as the official release to come. Generally the public doesn't get ahold of them, but the promo score for the first film (comprising 52 tracks, most of which didn't include the officially released score) has been making the torrent rounds since 2007... and I'm grateful, the promo score combined with the OST makes for a nice 2 disc, 97% complete score for TF1... one I still listen to often. I just wish the promo score for ROTF would show up!