Transformers:ROTF Autobot Character Guide

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Th3 Fall3n, Apr 10, 2009.

?

Who Is Most Like Their G1 Personality From The Movie Franchise?

1. Optimus Prime

80.4%
  2. Ironhide

15.7%
  3. Megatron

2.0%
  4. Ratchet

2.0%
  1. Th3 Fall3n

Th3 Fall3n Unicrons First Apprentice

Hey Guys i was looking on ign and this stood out to me its called a Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen character guide. From what i read its about how the Autobot cast of the new movie stack up against there G1 Series and Other Animated Series Counter parts, I thought it was intresting Check it out tell me what you think. Also who from the Movie-verse do u think is most like there G1 Series Alter-Ego

http://stars.ign.com/articles/970/970601p1.html

2. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    Errr.... link?

3. Th3 Fall3n

Sorry bout that my mom was yelling at me and i kinda messed that one up..MY BAD!

4. PB379

PB379 Autobot

Prime
    I voted for Prime as the most like his G1 self. He has the usual Heroic Charitaristics and does all the things that Prime does.

Iron Hide
    While I do like the Charaterisation of Iron Hide on the Movie somewhat more than the G1 Cartoon, I don't think they are exactly the same. He is more Trigger happy and has a way more suitable Alt Mode for his Character.

Megatron
    Somewhat different to G1 Megatron, yet still having some of the Characteristics. Even though we didn't see that much of him in the Film, I did like the portrayal of him.

Ratchet
    I would put Ratchet second on the list as most like the G1 self. He fixes think and plans.

5. Liselotte

Liselotte Revenge is coming... TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    jetfire pic is a fan made lol

6. Th3 Fall3n

yeah i noticed that lol and bumblebee's 1st pic is of the ultimate bumblebee toy! it seems like this guy put this thing together at the last minute, talk about slack ass..hahahaha

7. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

wow couldn't disagree more the movie Prime was way more military in nature than the G1 Prime who would never leave a bot behind. Also Prime never got tossed around like a rag doll by megatron I mean how could the about leader ever have lasted against megatron for so long if meg always had his way with him.

Seriously the one only close to the G1 incarnation is bumblbee since he doesnt speak so his mouth cant screw up his personality and ratchet just because ratchet didnt really have any spot light put on him to begin with in the series or the movie.

The rest are all hollywood over the top bastardizations of the characters. Frankly I m not one for every single bot having to be completely bad ass or completely ridiculous cause then they spend ZERO time on character development just to make them SOOOO BADASSS.

Honestly it pains me that this movie came out this way because I am such a huge fan and it shares so little with what made transformers great. Instead we have an good vs evil robot movie where both sides might as well be from differant planets instead of one civilization that had some that chose one side for power and one side for peace.

8. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ironhide.

He's still the same badass as usual, this time in black.