Transformers Robots in Disguise Scourge

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by MisterFanwank, Sep 21, 2011.

1. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    Transformers Robots in Disguise Scourge: Now with pictures!

Got him in the mail today, and yes, I checked the subforum index thread to see if he already had a thread. He doesn't.

He looks amazing in both modes, especially his trailer, although because of the chrome I refuse to use its base mode. Seriously, it puts the chrome in direct contact with the ground. Not cool.

Scourge himself has a nice design, very Prime-ish, yet still different than most show Primes and very evil looking. However, mine has some fairly looks joints. The shoulders just droop and when held his legs wiggle all over the place.

Normally the looseness issues wouldn't be a problem, except he has stickers over the screw holes in his chest and arms. I don't want to ruin the figure's look, but I also want tight shoulders. However, I also would like to refrain from using super glue simply because the finish on this figure is so nice and I don't want to harm it in any way.

The legs will be easy to fix, though, just open up his pelvis and do something to tighten the ratchets. I'm not so peeves about these because it's just a minor annoyance and from my research is something present on all versions of the G2 Laser Prime mold.

Overall, a very nice figure. I'll take some pictures tomorrow. In the mean time, here's the video review I took for the guy:

Transformers RiD Scourge Review - YouTube

P.S. I would like to note I have the Korean Sonokong release. The plastic is very nice with the only issues being screw tightness on the shoulder joints. In past experience with Sonokong, it produces very high quality pieces, but typically does not put much care into putting the screws in all the way.

EDIT: Picture time!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I'm still kicking myself for not buying him when I saw him on clearance at TRU years ago.

3. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Hell I'm still kicking myself for selling both my Takara version and my RID version a few years back.:throw 

4. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is such an awesome toy, even after all of these years.

5. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Even though I don't have Scourge, I do have Laser Prime, and it's an awesome mold.

6. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    More pictures of Scourge:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Damn, I really wish I bought him, when I saw him!

8. toboggan

toboggan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I managed to finally get the Takara one about a year ago and I absolutely love it. One of the few grails in my collection. It's hard to believe the Laser Prime mold is, like, two decades old now, it's just so much fun and still poses really well.