Transformers: Robots In Disguise DVD?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by JDM_EK3, Jul 5, 2007.

1. JDM_EK3

JDM_EK3 Well-Known Member

I have always been curious as to why Transformers: Robots In Disguise got the short end of the stick. As in my eyes, it was honestly the closest series to the original to date thus far. So realistically my question is, was this show ever released on DVD? As I remember taping each and every episode, only to find out earlier this week that the tape has unfortunately been taped over. :mad 

2. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Excitement! My Style!!!

News Credits:
    It was released in 2 boxed sets in the UK. There's alot of people here who also have it on dvd that might be able to help you out if you want the whole series.

3. JDM_EK3

Seriously....? And no projected release for the North American market I would assume either huh? If that's the case, I might just have to confirm that my DVD Player is region free.

4. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I could be wrong, but I think it has something to do with Disney owning the rights and not having any desire to release it on dvd because it's a licensed show and they don't own it outright. Hopefully the movie's success will change their minds.

5. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    Wow i hated Robots In Disguise okay well hate is a little strong i didnt like it out of all the series....how does disney own rights didnt it come on Fox?

6. Scourge

Scourge I shall rise again

disney owns it becasue saban produced it and then disney bought saban studios

7. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

Yeah, it's the same reason the 90's Spider-Man and X-Men cartoons still aren't on dvd.

8. Rodimus Primal

Rodimus Primal Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be suprised that in time for the release of the DVD that more stuff gets released then. But that's all speculation. I'd like to see RiD, Energon and Cybertron released to DVD as a whole.

9. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really, really, really dislike Disney's DVD release policy. Ever since they decided not to release the rest of the Gargoyles series, I have stopped buying any and all Disney DVD's. They seem only interested in their bottom line. If they won't make a ridiculous amount of money, they don't promote it and they don't release complete sets. What good is it to have season one out of 3, or movie 1 out of 3. They have a wealth of titles that would make a profit, just not a huge profit and they refuse to release them, pissing fans like me off. I was going to buy some Disney movies and some of the animated series like Ducktales and Darkwing Duck, but until they release the rest of Gargoyles, they can count me out. RID was not the best, but it is certainly worthy of being added to our collections. I hope that it gets released somehow someday in it's entirety.

10. Tracks_25

Tracks_25 We rollin'

I would love to get these series as well.

11. pmoverlord-1972

pmoverlord-1972 the enforcer of all

lets bootleg this show

12. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    *hugs his bootlegged dvd-r UK copies*

Disney has lost any and all respect from me. They lost me a long time ago when they started allowing certain services (will not mention due to possible flamefest) in their themeparks. not to mention that they are so "high and mighty" that they think they can only have their DVDs out for a limited time before they "go back into the vault" never to be seen or heard from again. Heck, I've seen the lion king go "into the vault" THREE frickin' times now. It was released in 1992-93 if I recall correctly, that's only 14-15 years, come on now Mikey Eisner!

For them to buy out an entire studio and all their respective properties, and then to turn around and use maybe .05% (yes I'm exaggerating), is just absurd. They insist on prolonging power rangers, that's fine, but they also insist on re-airing older series, without even bothering to ask bandai to release them on DVD or reissue a zord or three from those series.

Right now Hasbro's "Transformers" brand is at probably the highest point it's ever been in terms of being in the public eye. It's the "cool" thing at the moment. Lots of kids want them more than in the past several years, and it will probably stay that way for several years to come *crosses fingers*. For Disney to flat out ignore the possibilities of a RiD DVD release is just imho "stupid". All they need is permission from A. Archer and the boys at Hasbro, and they could please fans both young and old who liked that series in particular more than the armadaverse or other previous incarnations. However, Disney, I'm sure realizes this, and sees it as competition considering the fact that they have their own movie(s) out, and wouldn't want to aid "the enemy".

In closing, I would just like to summarize by saying that a domestic US release of RiD is nigh unto improbable. The only forseeable option that I can come up with is that Hasbro needs to use a mere fraction of the money they made from the new movie, and use it to buy back RiD from Disney. Then, and only then, will we be able to get a legitimate copy of RiD in the US.

As far as the rest of the armadaverse is concerned... only time will tell.

13. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I wish Disney would release Rocketman on DVD. That movie was HILARIOUS!

14. JDM_EK3

15. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    and digimon :( 

16. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

I want the Spiderman and X-men Cartoons so bad.

17. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Cybertron and Energon box sets would be nice!

18. Soundatron

Soundatron A Blight Upon The Land

I understand your pain brother.

But yeah Fuck Disney. I want my Gargoyles Season2 Part 2 DVD set. The Avalon tour is when the show really got good.

19. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

for anybody who missed the final episodes of the carnage/venom saga/clonesaga they got the episodes on youtube.

20. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

Damn straight!!!!