Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force – Team Combiner Ultra Bee Stock Photos

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Black Convoy, May 13, 2017.

1. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    Depends where you live and for which market. Collectors can choose Macross, Transformers, Power Rangers, amongst other brands, here in Japan. Kids usually have mainly Power Rangers and maybe transformers in the average toy shop. However, when just robots/mechs are included, Gundam is also very popular, and the crossover is arguably noticeable from what I've seen of Japanese kids' toy collections.

• Like Like x 1
  2. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    It doesn't need to be as popular as it's main competition because transforming robots are just one part of the larger Power Ranger toyline. Compared to Transformers which is an entire line of transforming robots. If Power Rangers screws up one year with their robots they're screwed because that was it. With Transformers if they try something one year and it doesn't work they've still got multiple other types of figures they can fall back on or bolster as they get sales feedback.

And you seem to assume that for literally any kid it's 1:1. Except that's not how kids work and we all know it because we were all kids once. Sure, there's always crossover...but by that same token you're going to have kids who like Transformers who will want TRANSFORMER toys that combine instead of Power Rangers simply because Power Rangers aren't Transformers.

You can be an adult discussing a toy and still be mature about it.

For starters, mature adults don't write "Hasblo".

• Like Like x 4
  3. Toolala

Toolala Breast Master

And mature adults also read posts before they go on a rant about inflation :rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 2
  4. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    Actually, mature adults can. The maturity is defined by the insults to other posters here by telling them to "grow up".

Now that's cleared up, onto the actual discussion. With power rangers, the entire line is NOT just the zords. There are vehicles, weapons, accessories, role playing sets and soft vinyl figures available. The zords are important, but not the be all and end all. This is similar to transformers.

However, I'd say that the defining factor for a TF line called "Combiner Force" is, in fact, the combining figures in it.

My point still stands.

• Like Like x 1
  5. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    My cousin's kids are gonna love these! And the figures are simple enough that they can manage them. Michelle's boys are smart, but just can't figure out most of my `bots when I allow them to play. These look more their speed than CW or TR.

6. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    I think a good color scheme can make even a simple basic toy look much more appealing. Ultra Bee doesn't even have that. All he has is a block of yellow, a block of red, a block of blue, a block of black, a block of green and an orange sword. So a lot of the unpainted molded details are visually lost.

Compare how he looks in the show to how the toy looks. The show appearance has a much wider variety of color to break up the characters' main color schemes. I still say that even if its just for young kids, that's no excuse to skimp on quality and that they deserve better. The toy has an age suitability of six years and at that age they do know the difference between a toy that looks good and a toy that looks bad - whereas opposed to being three where a toy is a toy regardless of how it looks. Yes, I'm looking at the toy through adult eyes but a red block with a little black that's supposed to be a car isn't a good look. Even with Generations and Movie figures, a toy that lacks a serious amount of paint looks absolutely terrible to me. In the eighties, us six year olds had to put stickers on their toys to enhance them from plain plastic blocks into actual detailed characters. They should bring stickers back IMO.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: May 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Toolala

Toolala Breast Master

Yeah if they had paint(or stickers on the level of g1 toys) they'd look alot less like glorified knock offs.

• Like Like x 1
  8. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    "I'm not immature, you are!" said the 5-year-old who couldn't spell "Hasbro" correctly.

You keep saying those words, I do not think they mean what you think they mean.

It's unfortunate they're coming *after* CW, as kids who catch on to Combiner Force style figures won't be able to grab anything similar to these once they get a bit older. (Unless Hasbro decides to loop back around and do more CW stuff).

• Like Like x 1
  9. Toolala

Toolala Breast Master

as a fan of irony, I enjoyed the post.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Even if some kids don't care enough to put stickers on their toys, at least the option would be there for those of us that do. We shouldn't have to depend on ReproLabels all the time.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
  12. TeletraanIV

TeletraanIV Super Computer Vtuber

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    I just want Ultra Bee\'s sword for other figures