Transformers RISK

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Mad_Jester, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Mad_Jester

Mad_Jester Wreckers

Not sure if this goes in this thread, but...

I just purchased the Transformers RISK game. I'm a huge RISK fan, Star Wars RISK is amazing!

I was just wondering if anyone has played it and has anything to say about it?

Thanks.

2. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

I have it! I got it for christmas and played with my frinds(the first time I had played Risk) then we bought and played the "real" risk and we were kinda' disapointed. lol

3. Mad_Jester

Mad_Jester Wreckers

So you're telling me that it's better then the original Risk? Sounds good to me.

If you're a Star Wars fan at all, check out the Star Wars Risk, it's the best Risk I've played so far. Very cool.

Thanks.

4. rodster6

rodster6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I played it once with my ex after getting it at christmas. Its the only version I ahve played though so cant really compare it.

5. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    I think I'm getting one for Christmas. I'm hoping to start a TF Risk monthly activity next year for Atlanta-area TF fans. I wanted to get the SW set too, but I'm waiting to find a pre-owned one for cheaper

I got the G1 TF Monopoly set for Christmas last year and LOVE IT.

6. blue death

blue death TokuNation Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Transformers Risk really is one of the better versions of the game and the Star Wars version is pretty darn good too. But if you want a really great risk experience play Risk 2210 A.D. or Risk Godstorm now those are some versions of that game.

7. djmagic

djmagic Well-Known Member

I have it but I play it like normal risk. I don't use the special powers.

8. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    I have it, but I've never played it , heh.

Same with the chess set.

9. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I bought it last year, but haven't had a chance to play it yet, which is so sad... but even sadder as I've never played Risk before :( .

I also have TF Monopoly, Chess, and I believe it's Stratego. Of all these TF board games, the one I've played the most is monopoly, and I've only played chess once.

10. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

The concept of TF monopoly doesn't make much sense to me.

First Megatron buys hotel, charges Prime ridicilous amounts of rent until he ends up in jail because of a random event?

In a second thought, that probably happened in the cartoon...

11. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's actually the only TF game I didn't pick up last year (I got Monopoly, Stratego, and Chess). I have even seen it at my local Wal-mart for like $5, but I just can't do it. I played it with a friend of mine, but Risk just does not do it for me. I liked it when I was a kid, but now not so much. Even the pieces and board are kinda lame, so I don't even want it for collecting (which is the only reason why I picked up Monopoly).

12. Mad_Jester

Mad_Jester Wreckers

Yeah, for collecting I don't it's cool at all. But read the directions and it seems like a really cool take on Risk. The thing that I really like is that it's only 6 days (turns) long. Which is great, 'cause I've been involved with some marathon games of regular Risk. Plus it has a couple of moving pieces on the game board that make for some cool functions. My girl and I are going to give it a go here in the next couple of days. It should be fun.

I would recommend Indiana Jones Life, if anyone is an Indy fan. That game is really cool. It's only available at Target, but it's really neat. The best part is you get to steal artifacts from other players. So cool.

13. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree the added Transformers features do improve on the game.

I had no idea about the Indy life. I love the regular game so I will check that one out.

14. Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo Bonecrusher Hates You

News Credits:
    I'm an avid risk fan, so of course I had to buy it. I have a bunch of other variations (Star Wars, Lord of the Rings), so I'm pretty well versed on what Risk should be like.

And my verdict: It's almost great. As it is, it's just mediocre.

It's got a couple of nifty ideas, but they aren't developed enough. The idea of transforming locations and closing off certain pathways is excellent, but underutilized, and in non strategic locations. The 'leaders' are also a good idea, but also not developed, and a wee bit imbalanced. If the game had multiple leaders for each faction, and better Transforming spaces on the board, it would be a lot better.

And also, the colors are too damn bright. I hate using the term 'playschool', but really, pastel colors? Umm, no. Also 'The Rad Zone' should never be mentioned again. Ever.