Transformers Rifftrax now available!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Beastbot X, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    http://shop.rifftrax.com/rifftrax/transformers

A downloadable soundtrack by the cast of MST3K that you can sync up to your movie, for only $4 U.S.! Available in NTSC, PAL, and Rifftrax Player formats. Downloading it as we speak, will post thoughts on it later tonight...

2. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

......................this strikes me as something you would buy next to the sunglass rack at a truck stop........................

3. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    HEHE!

4. Beastbot X

News Credits:
    Well, finished watching it, I thought it was one of Nelson & Co.'s better ones. Granted, there are the various "This movie is painful to watch!" comment variations that are in... every Rifftrax, ever, but if you've ever watched a Rifftrax of a movie you liked and didn't mind it, it's no worse here. And a LOT of the jokes were just outright hilarious. Some gems that come to mind:

"Wow, this is the first time I transformed without looking at my instructions!"

(Regarding Bonecrusher): "Ah, the manliest skater since Tanya Harding."

(As Mikaela slides ontop of Sam while they're riding inside Bumblebee): "Wow, this reminds me of my senior prom!" "What, the girl in your lap?" "No, I was at home playing with my Transformers figures that night!"

(As Agent Simmons fries the Nokia-Bot): "Of course, once we just inject him with this Vista coding, well... you get the picture."

(In response to Optimus' "We cannot let the humans pay for our mistakes"): "Just for our overpriced action figures."

(As Megatron dies): "If I could live my life over again, I would.... eat... more children..."

(As Megatron is dunked into the ocean): "Well, heck! They float!"

(In response to a pilot yelling "What was that!?" as Starscream transforms in mid-air): "What, are you kidding me? That's Starscream. Oh, were you a Go-Bots kid or something? I bet you collected G.I. Jeromes, too."

Oh, and I couldn't stop laughing during the part where Starscream calls the other Decepticons to action in alien-ese. What they say during that is just absolutely hilarious. Overall, I give the Rifftrax an 8/10.

5. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    sweet....illl have to download that...ive always considered doing it, just never have....

6. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    One problem I have with Rifftrax is because they no longer make fun of really bad old movies as in their MST3K days, there's less humour overall as they now depend on what people likely own in their DVD collections (ie popular movies). Less chance for humour if they try to mock a good movie, really.

That said, their rifftrax for The Phantom Menace was awful. For a movie so deserving to be mocked, it seems like they couldn't think of anything to say and resorted to the same jokes over and over again about wanting to wanting to kill themselves over Jar Jar's antics and how the trade federation guys were just chinese stereotypes.

7. Beastbot X

News Credits:
    Interesting, though I don't care either way as long as they're cracking wise, my parents prefer it the other way around. They will NOT watch a Rifftrax if it's not of a movie they like, as they can't stand to watch a movie they don't like even if it's being made fun of. I wonder if that's how most people view these Rifftrax, or your opinion on them is the majority's....

8. Fit For natalie

News Credits:
    I think mocking humour works better when the subject in question is not very good, and some of the movies they've rifftraxed are actually good movies in some regard or other.

Think of it this way - MST3K and rifftrax are like you and your buddies making fun (while possibly drunk) of a crap movie, pointing out how things don't make any sense, how bad the acting is and why Micheal Bay's cinematographer needs to be sacked. It doesn't work quite as well when you try to do it with what are considered good movies, which are what most people will own and what Rifftrax is forced to depend upon.

9. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    I don't think they've ever done a rifftrax of a good movie. Popular movies, definitely. But none of them were actually GOOD.

10. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Agreed. Even stuff like Top Gun, Predator, and Road House are down right goofy when you really look at them. I've loved all the Rifftrax so far and I can't wait to watch TF later today.

love the line:

"Wow! The new model Camaro, which is crappier and worth less!"

saw a sample clip and that had me laughing.. that and the joke about her "five" all being tanning salons..

11. Fit For natalie

News Credits:
    Spider-Man
    Raiders of the Lost Ark
    The Bourne Identity
    LOTRs: Fellowship of the Ring
    The Matrix
    X-Men

What, they aren't good movies?

Personally, I'd add Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Count onto the list of as a pretty good movie.

12. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd buy that for $1. :D 

13. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I watched it last night and laughed my ass off. So damn funny. loved the line where Sam is just speaking a mile a minute and one of the guys ask if he is being paid by the syllable. :lol 

14. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Captain Obvious interjecting here to point out that you can't "watch" a commentary. You can only listen to it.