Transformers Ride souvenir

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Lazerwave, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I know it's too soon, but I was thinking if there is going to be a ride for Transformers in Universal Studios it is not complete without a souvenir gift shop. You think there might be one?

If yes, What do you hope will they sell in it?

I bet a bunch of t-shirts, cups, pins, DVDs and books with there logo on it. And I'm dreaming that they will have toys too. Hopefully exclusive. I'm thinking if there are at least two or three new characters will be featured in the ride they will have to make those characters into toys, maybe as deluxes and marked as Universal Studios Exclusive!

2. flamingunicron

flamingunicron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    they already sell regular transformer movie and universe figures at Universal Studios, albeit very expensive. Shirts also. Deluxes are about $!8. voyagers are close to $40.

3. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay:
    Uh, Transformers? I'm sure they'll sell toys, hats, shirts, and anything else you can buy at any other store. I'd say the only exclusives you'll see will be clothing, though. Not enough product will be moved to call for production of an exclusive, IMO.

4. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    If they do any part exclusive toys, it'll probably be like the ones for the Spider-man ride. Minor repaints at perhaps, but most likely they'll be current or recent toys from lines like universe repackaged in park-exclusive boxes. As NotFastEnuff's already said, the exclusives'll probably come in the form of shirts, mugs, magnets, and postcards featuring art from the ride and the Universal Studios logo.

5. Jochimus

Jochimus Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'd expect any souvenir shop that would get put up with a TF ride to probably carry the normal theme-park trinkets - T-shirts, mugs, postcards, etc. AND they'll probably hawk (or try to) the same TFs one could just as easily get at retail or online for half the price.

I wouldn't really expect much, if anything, in the way of TF figures exclusive to the park itself...although if it were at a place like Universal, I do think it'd be really cool to see something like repaints based on vehicles and creatures from the studio's past films and TV series, unlikely though it may be.

6. Mastodon

Mastodon Well-Known Member

It's a theme park. I am absolutely certain, like 99% of the rides at Disney, you will have to go through a gift shop to reach the exit.

7. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I'm sure there'll be a TF ride souvenir shop. One which you can get T-shirts of the TF ride in addition to licensed TF products that one can find in regular stores like Target, TRU, etc.

8. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The gift shop will be filled with shelfwarmers that will have "The Ride" hastily scrawled in Sharpie under the TF logo on the packaging.