Transformers RiD DVD

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Wheelimus_Prime, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Wheelimus_Prime

Wheelimus_Prime Member

I am in the process up updating my Transformers DVD collection and was wondering if anyone knew where I can buy RiD seasons on DVD or if it's even been released here in the United States yet.

2. PyroniusRex

PyroniusRex Banned

News Credits:
    Hahaha! You kidding right? RID is probably never going out on DVD in America.

3. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    You can only buy it from the UK. There are dozens of threads about RID DVD's here. Use the search and you'll be able to find out all the info you need.

4. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  5. Wheelimus_Prime

Wheelimus_Prime Member

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it!

6. Wheelimus_Prime

Wheelimus_Prime Member

I just wish Mickey Mouse would get his act in gear and release RiD here in the United States. I'm sure many many Transformers fans would jump for joy to add it to their collection. I know I would. I really liked that show

7. blackconvoy_D01

blackconvoy_D01 Destronger

Ebay:
    hell yes. id like to have a US rid box set with a car robots option, or additional discs with car robots. that would be cool!

8. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    It'd have to be additional discs with Car Robots as opposed to dual languaging. RiD was cut about a bit from Car Robots to fit the dub better - for example, at the end of the series when Fortress Maximus breaks out the massive cannon barrage, RiD loops the footage twice - Car Robots has one shot of Brave Maximus opening fire, one shot of the impact on the Destronger base. RiD replays the footage a second time for dramatic impact and to better incorporate Fortress Maximus' incredibly badass "The Earth is under my protection; you shall not harm it!" battlecry (Car Robots had the cool in its own way, but not quite so badass, attack name shout "Final Burner!")

I remember reading an interview pre-RiD about how other bits of footage were adjusted to better fit the lip-syncing and improve the overall flow of the series.

A word of advice to anybody who is planning to import the UK DVDs - make sure your DVD players can handle PAL encoded discs and can also play Region 2. Most modern setups ought to be able to do the former; for the latter, you just need the right DVD player. They're cheap enough and most models can do more than one region - google is your friend on that one.