Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - The Score/The Album [Discussion Thread]

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Witwicky Camaro, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    Alright then, June 23d 2009 has arrived and Revenge of the Fallen: The Score & [Various Artists] The Album is out through every available retail outlet imaginable (I suppose).

What do you guys think of either of them so far - Especially those who have seen the movie? Try to keep the Spoilers to a Minimum here though, I don't get the film until tomorrow :( .

2. jametron

jametron Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE! Taste Kittens…

News Credits:
    Well, I've had The Score for a week or so and it's awesome. But I went to buy a physical copy of it today and NO ONE had it. And I'm not saying they were all bought up, I'm saying that all 3 Wal-Marts in my area, 2 Targets, 1 Borders and 1 Best Buy ARE NOT even carrying it... according to their website. BUT they all have the douche "soundtrack".

//bummed

Sorry... anyway, I'm really enjoying Jablonsky's second installment in the TF film franchise. Especially the growth he has given to Prime's theme from TF1. More stately, experienced and war weary as Prime no doubt is at this point in the story. I really like the way he's tweaked and matured the theme. Also of special note IMHO is his theme in one cue getting a solo vocal treatment.

3. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    I downloaded the soundtrack today and I've enjoyed all six times I've listened to it so far. Haven't memorized all the track titles as of yet, but I've listened to "Heed our Warning" several times over. I swear Jablonsky pays homage to Ennio Morricone & John Carpenter's "Humanity" theme from The Thing everytime I hear the beginning. Also: Infinite White is so beautiful.

What is with retail stores and the Transformers score not being in them? Seriously?

4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    so far I've only heard "Prime", "Einstein's Wrong", and "NEST", and so far I'm rockin' to all of em!:rock  NEST being my favorite, a perfect blend of rock and techno in my book.

Now off to iTunes to buy the whole thing.

5. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    Without having seeing the movie yet (kinda did the same with the first film's score), I enjoy Prime, The Fallen, The Shard, Einstein's Wrong, and Precious Cargo. Yet, with that being said, I still prefer the first film's score, since I'm not the greatest fan of chorals and instead, would like more of the action beat themes such as Scorponok and Soccent Attack.

6. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    iTunes'd the score this morning;
    unbelievable.
    This one makes the first one sound like Muzak.
    Jablonsky really knows what he's doing, so many great tracks on this one.
    Prime, NEST, The Shard, I Claim Your Sun, and I Rise, You Fall are my favorites, but the rest are just as awesome.
    :rock  :music  :dj 

7. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

I collect movie scores, both for listening and when I run the occasional RPG, I use them as scores for the games, since each track of a score normally has a scene or mood it showcases.

This is so on my list. The choral work in this one, as in the first film, is quite good.

- Coeloptera

8. PurdueAV2003

PurdueAV2003 Engineer

News Credits:
    @ jametron: I've been listening to movie scores for years, and I've found that most of the retail outlets will rarely carry a score unless it's written by John Williams. I've had better luck going to someplace like Borders and ordering it.

As was previously mentioned, this score has less of the "driving" action sequence music than the first one. I look at this as a mixed blessing. The album is more balanced and not just "action", but I really love the fast paced passages on my drive to work. I seem to make much better time! :D 

9. jametron

jametron Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE! Taste Kittens…

News Credits:
    Yeah, you're correct to an extent... but as a film score collector myself I can assure you that I've purchased plenty of non-JW scores over the years at Wal-Mart... scores by John Ottman (X-Men 2, Fantastic 4, F4: Rise of The Silver Surfer, Superman Returns) Hans Zimmer/James Newton Howard (Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, The Simpsons Movie), John Powell (X-Men 3), Danny Elfman (Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2) etc etc etc...

So it really blows my mind that they wouldn't even order any of the TF2 score CD's. Especially considering all the widely broadcast clamour for the '07 score upon it's eventual release nearly 6 months after the film came out!

Oh well... Amazon gets my bucks again (as they did for TF1)... which reminds me, anyone seeking a physical copy of the TF2 score should really go the Amazon route as it's only $9.99 brand new! And that my friends is like a sore wriggle stick... you can't beat it.