Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Game Info from TFW2005

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    TFW2005 attended the press event held by Activision in NYC today. Here is our information about the game. I literally haven't had time to read what the other sites have put up, so if there is already known info here, please disregard. Hope it's helpful.

If you have questions, ask them in this thread and I will try to answer.

Intro Movie and Quick Notes:

• Started with shot of earth, Soundwave circling in statellite mode.
    • Intro movie, Cullen voice over. Humans battling Decepticons in city, Prime shows up. Looked really good.
    • Overall theme at start of game for Autobots - Decepticons still attacking - trying to hide/clean up with NEST, dunno why they are still showing up.
    • Decepticons - Just blow stuff up at the orders of Starscream.
    • Soundwave in game, voice is very G1 like. No word on if that "comes from the movie" or not. Could be their take on it for fans. Only seen briefly as giving you info from "homebase" not as a playable character. Though he most likely is in there later.
    • Cullen has full game voicing, in game and cut scenes.
    • They have a big announcement regarding other voices soon, they want to be as close to movie as possible, and touch with G1 fans as well.
    • Will fight Devestator. Prime is about as big as Devestators fingers. Devestator walks on all fours, groans like a monster. Super slow. Reminded me of Godzilla walking through the town/city. Does have a shredder that opens up in in stomach area that sucks things in and shreds them to nothing bits.
    • Kept stressing Megatron was dead and Starscream is in command. We all know better :) . Whether he is in game, not known yet.

Gameplay:

• Different types of kill shots. The more different kill shots you make, the larger your power gauge grows, and you eventually get a super combo move, turns you invincible.
    • Different weapons for each character, different super moves for each.
    • Transforming is fluid, doesnt stop action. Need to transform into a jump in some cases to reach farther spots, acts as a turbo boost jump.
    • Can fire from vehicle mode, but different firepower than when you are in robot mode. So need to go between the 2.
    • Jets can Transform and then hover, fire down.
    • Transform into a power slam, clears area around you like a "Hulk Smash" situation.
    • Can climb buildings, jump rooftop to rooftop. Need to transform, build up speed, transform into jump to get to farther rooftops.
    • Areas of the world unlock with multiple levels in each area, you choose which areas you do in what order.
    • You can choose what characters to use for each mission, not chosen for you. Can in theory play thru whole game with one character or jump between.
    • Some missions require interaction with humans. Need to pick up, carry to location, guard while they do things, pick back up, move to next location, etc. Human will talk to you throughout. Will hold in hand, then slap on back for climbing, then toss into backset for a transform.
    • After each mission, go back to war room, where all team members are. They comment using voice overs on what you did in the previous mission. Things they say are based on what you did, speed, collateral damage, # of objectives completed, etc. Not cookie cutter, and different for each team member.
    • Very fast paced, constant enemies popping up, constant fighting, explosions. Transforming constantly is necessary and part of the action.

Easter Eggs:

• Tons of G1 and other generation easter-egg type stuff. Many of the drones you fight on each side are based on non-movie Transformers characters.
    • Hasbro opened up their archives and said use everything and anything you want for the extras. Stressed that the dev teams are all G1 and TF hardcore fans. So expect a lot of nods and shout outs to older fans.
    • Expect more than just G1 skins. Think bigger than that.
    • Sub-groups like Airielbots, Combaticons, Protectobots will be in game. At least one airelbot was sporting an almost dead-on Fireflight skin. They said there are many more things like that in there.

Extras:

• You build up your "energon" points and buy things inbetween missions. Upgrades to different aspects of your character. Kinda like level building skills in RPGs.
    • As you upgrade your specs (firepower, speed, overheating, vehicle firepower, etc) - it is applied to the entire team - that way you can switch between characters on each level without losing your upgrades.
    • Tons of DLC - No word on pay or free or both.
    • Achievements and Trophies galore.
    • Unlockables galore.
    • Multiplayer online with leaderboards.
    • Many different types of multiplayer coming. Capture flag, etc etc. Seems like multiplayer will be pushed as big part of game.

Overall Thoughts:

Looks great. 100 X better than first already. Visuals look next gen. Much faster gameplay, constant fighting needed. Not drive and fight, then drive some more then fight. Looks like it will have some replay value as well, as you will want to build your levels and beat times, goals for each level. The potential for the G1 connections are there, didn't see many but they were stressed as a really cool part of what they are doing. Being able to jump between areas of the world, levels within them, and characters for each run, gives the game some potential longevity.

I am not a hardcore gamer, and don't like over-complicated games. That being said, I was disappointed with the first game. Was simple, and fast, with no-replay value. Looks like this game takes care of those things. Little more complicated to get things done, lots of different combos to extend play, and tons of unlockables and throw backs to keep me interested. So, if you are a Transformers fan first, and gamer second, you should definately be able to enjoy this one for more than 15 minutes. Gamers, I never understand what you like and dont like, you always rip apart games I like, and like the ones I hate. So I can't speak to you :) .

Bottom line - I want this game, would buy it. If you are dazzled by pretty graphics on a big screen, and still cant get over the awesomeness of transforming back and forth over and over from the first one, but need something a little more this time, this one should do it for you.

2. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    :drool: 

3. ekocher

ekocher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    holy crap

4. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    *Nods* Must... Buy... I am officaly sold on this game...

5. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sounds great, much better than the first movie game. Must get now...

6. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Okay that sounds alot better now.

7. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sounds good. I don't mind dropping 55+ on a game, but felt the first game was terrible. Only replay was when I was drinking Jack.

8. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for that coverage, Tony. Sounds like my mind has been changed. I hope the PSP and DS games are good too, but I will definitely be picking this up for PS3 or 360

9. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Um... are all the missions timed?

*opinion changing*

10. Hydrobot

Hydrobot Super Ginrai!

I just hope the Wii version doesnt turn out to be watered down. I really want this game from what I know so far.

11. Bumblejazz

Bumblejazz Autobot

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Sounds really good.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Sweetness, guess I won't wait till I can get this game 2 years later at $4 like the first one. Sounds epic.

13. Unfall

Unfall Shattered Glass

:bay :bay :bay :bay :bay  this will be awsesome, I'm seriously pumped about devas now

14. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    sounds awesome... but it is a movie game so I'm not expecting huge things

15. Monkey-Hands

Monkey-Hands Turntablist

When will this be out again?

16. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    All the missions have timers, yes. So you can try to beat your time, or compete against the leaderboards online for best time on X level. But I dont think you need to beat the level in X time to progress thru single player mode.

An example of the "War Room" feedback that comes from the other bots on your team - The presenter beat the level super quick. When we went back to the war room, Prime said something about him being very quick on his feet or something. What Prime said (in Cullen Voice) was directly related to that time. And the other bots in the room said similar things about other things he did. If you were 10 it would make you feel like these bots were talking to you, rather than reciting cut scene things over and over. Kinda cool. I just like hearing Cullen talk so Im good. :) 

17. Matterzero

Matterzero Well-Known Member

Cool sounds much better than the first game, I can't wait to play it

18. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's good to know, because busting your butt to rush through an open world environment and then running out of time at the last second can be very frustrating. Bragging rights is a good reason to have a time limit, but when you get game over for running out of it, in a video game, it kinda sucks.

19. mariobros27772

mariobros27772 Well-Known Member

which game did they preview, imean which system was it for and will the game be the same throughout. (basically, will the wii version or pc version be the same as the xbox 360 or ps3 versions)

20. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    wow sounds great, I really hope it's much better than the 1st (which I played last night and think it's one of the worst games I've ever played)

Let's hope there is better POV, and less "shit" all over the place that does nothing but aggravate the players.