Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen defeated at Weekend Box Office

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Starscreamer217, Jul 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not surprised by this, most films only stay at #1 for one week. Harry Potter will do very well this weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing it that's for sure.

2. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :thumbdown 

3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I kinda wanna see Potter but... I've got nobody to go with me! :( 

4. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    I really don't like the advertising for Harry Potter. It's trying to look like a huge drama/love/comedy movie. Twilight is the stupidest thing since Pasta Hut. I do want to see bruno, that looks just too funny.

5. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Aw man... ROTF defeated? And I STILL haven't had the chance to go see it yet... :( 

6. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I reckon Harry Potter will be better than Transformers anyway. Not sure about Bruno... Wasn't a huge fan of Borat but may check it out on video.

And since when has homophobia been OK and something that can be swept under the rug? Not cool at all!

On a film-related note I saw Milk recently - now THAT'S a bloody brilliant film.

7. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    did people really think it would stay at number 1 with Bruno and HP on the way?

any ways I've got to see Bruno that guy is lolz

8. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Went to see Bruno day after it was released and had major struggles finding a cinema that could actually seat my friends and I, almost every session in every cinema had sold out, and we were trying to buy tickets 3 hours before it started! Eventually we found a cinema across town, booked them online and by the time we'd gotten to the cinema that too had sold out.

Bruno is totally outrageous, and totally hilarious. Shines light on some very disturbing people as well. Being gay, I found nothing homophobic about this film - it's a great satire of our stereotype, and more importantly, shines the light/idiocy of many homophobic people. I'm certainly not surpised it's overtaken TF. However here in NZ, it was Ice Age that overtook ROTF - yet ROTF has taken more money than any other movie released here so far this year.

9. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bound to happen eventually, and Cohen does have quite the following (maybe, based on the projections in the article). I'd imagine RotF will hang around the top 5 for awhile, though.

10. JuicyNo

JuicyNo Well-Known Member

Don't expect greatness. Bruno was pretty weak for the first half of the movie (Harrison Ford cracked me up though)...most of it felt overly scripted. It wasn't until the last few setups towards the end of the movie that it started to get really funny. I definitely liked Borat much better.

11. scottimusprime

scottimusprime i have a license for that

Bruno was 50 times more dumb than Borat. I fell asleep during both. I would have left it last night, but i came with my girl in her car. She sat through the whole thing and barely laughed. And about Harry Potter, my kids wanna see it, but i refuse. Only way they goin is if someone else takes them and that person pays! lol

12. TIE Bomber

TIE Bomber Banned

A few years ago everybody picked on homo's, it wasn't accepted. Now all of a sudden being gay is the "IN" thing. WHATEVER! Keep that shit off the Transformers board! It doesn't belong here.

13. megaxz01

megaxz01 Transformer up and comer

News Credits:
    People here do realize that no Potter film has surpassed 300 mil domestically outside of the first one right?

Even then, the first TF movie beat out the first Potter film by 2 mil domestically.

I'm not here to play some nerdy fanboy or anything, as if it wasn't for the live action TF film, and Animated, I wouldn't give one care about TF. However, to say HP is going to smoke this movie, when they last 4 movies can't even hold a candle to the first movie in its own series, says something. That is to expect the same thing to happen to this movie. Now the last Potter film may bring in more money for the fact it ends the series, but only time will tell.

14. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Being gay is from 'being in'. Live with the injustices I do on a daily basis and you'll know it's not 'cool'. But, enough of gay-rights.

People can't be surprised that ROTF isn't #1 - i'm sure it'll stay in top #5 for a while. I know i'm going to see it a third time tomorrow.

15. DieMaus

DieMaus is blawesome

News Credits:
    Uh, what? The film is currently at 96 per cent on Rotten Tomatoes, with only one bad review out of 26. I'm not saying it's going to stay at that level, but to say it's been "destroyed" by critics is, well, just flat-out incorrect.

Still, nice to see RotF doing well; it's having a really stellar run, isn't it? I'm not surprised Bruno knocked it off - it's a pretty good film, and it had a lot of buzz coming in - but at $336 million it seems to have moved well beyond Potter's range, and I can't see anything challenging it for No. 1 in 2009 at this stage...

16. frilly toothpick

frilly toothpick Decepticrumb

that might have something to do with it. no offense to mature teens out there.

17. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah. I'm the same age as him, actually.

So there.

18. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Some of the comments in this thread, particularly the vulgar ones by SlyTF, make my head hurt, and is not the sort of image I'd like to be representative of Transformers fans when normal people wander onto this forum.

19. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    My thoughts exactly. Well, at least we're not Hot Wheels collectors.

20. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    And by calling them "homo's", you showed everyone your true colors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.