Transformers: Revelations

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by DestronGenerals, Feb 14, 2009.

1. DestronGenerals

DestronGenerals Well-Known Member

Rather than resurrect zombie threads, I thought I'd start a new one based on the TPB seeing as it's the first time I've read this material. My ideas:
    Cyclonus: good introduction to the arch, as a spotlight, barely succeeds.
    Hardhead: Ranks with the best spotlights. I can't help but say it's really great.
    Doubledealer: Not as "cluttered" as I expected from reading previous reviews, but overall nice addition to the story.
    Sideswipe: Great art EJ! Really beautiful but suffers from Furman's forced conditions. I really feel like maybe he left the first two spotlights alone and fit all the story into the last two issues. I am kind of WTF with Sideswipes' eventual disregard of his rivalry with Sunstreaker but overall this whole arch could've been so much worse.
    Extras: RoS realliy set a precedent which this fails to meet on all levels.

Looking back this could've been a lot worse, Furman pulled it off. But in the end breaks my heart that (despite his obvious furmanisms with EVERY character) Furman's initial run has come to an end and at SUCH abbreviation. It really could've been a great flushed out Furman story. I'll wait to see what Coda brings but I'm really hurt at the tinkering of one of my favorite TF storylines in years.

2. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    One wonders how the story would have properly played out. Guess we'll never know now :( 

3. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    My LCS didn't get it in, they reordered it and hopefully I'll have it next week. It was a good arc, albeit it has faults for the rushed manner in which it was prepared.
    Interesting that its labeled Spotlight Volume 4 on the spine.

4. DestronGenerals

DestronGenerals Well-Known Member

I was surprised by that too, but I think it makes sense in the end. I haven't read any MD yet, but I remember hearing that it was going to be sort of a spotlight for each dinobot. I bet that won't have the spotlight label on it at all though, which seems like a discrepancy to me.

P.S. Re-reading my post i'm surprised it was as coherent as it was, I was trashed... I take back what I said about Cyclonus' spotlight not functioning as a spotlight. It developed him pretty well considering he dropped off after that.
    Other Thoughts:
    I was bummed about Galvy "dying" (?)
    Whats up with Jetfire and the sword behind OP?
    Hard(Dead)head is a great twist.
    I would have loved to see if the Machination/HM process would have anything to do with the evolution of the Micromasters.
    Throwing the Pretenders in was good.
    Jhiaxus is really an odious character.
    Never saw Dealer's "decepticon" mode.
    :cry  just in general, this could've been so epic.
    Can't wait for MD TPB!

5. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just picked up the trade myself and enjoyed it. I loved the Guardians they chose for the negacores. And I really like how Furman introduced Pretenders, Headmasters and micromasters in these books.