Transformers: Resurrection

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by Omnius, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Transformers: Resurrection
    Part 1:

Portland, Oregon
    18th March 2010

Rain. Even after twenty-six years, Sideswipe was still unaccustomed to the sensation of rainfall on his metallic skin. Tracing wipers back and forth over his windscreen, he waited for the signal to move. How long can this take? He had been sitting atop the multi-storey car park for over two hours, watching night fall over Portland. Not for the first time, he looked up into the sky and watched the stars in between scattered rainclouds. Even if Earth was close enough to Hadeen to spot the yellow dwarf star, Sideswipe doubted he could distinguish it.

Ultra Magnus had estimated a wait of little more than quarter of an hour before Tracks gave the signal, but all channels were quiet. Growing more anxious with each passing minute, Sideswipe considered moving down to a lower level, where he could hit the streets faster when the call came. Nonetheless, his orders were to remain in a position close to where Tracks expected to intercept the Safeguard flatbed, uneasy as it left him. Once the lorry had passed, Tracks would call in with the lorry’s position and heading. If it headed east, Sideswipe would be in a position to follow them on Interstate 84. If they headed south, Bluestreak was ready to move on Interstate 5. Spoiling for a fight – irrespective of the opponent - Sideswipe was hoping they would go east.

Deciding to break radio silence, Sideswipe spoke out on the channel he expected Tracks was monitoring. “When were they supposed to turn up?”

A voice he wasn’t expecting to hear chimed in over the radio. “Pipe down, Lambor.”

“Stop calling me that.” Sideswipe was actually more surprised that Bluestreak had managed to stay quiet for so long, given his reputation. On top of the distracting rain, it was an irritation he could do without.

“Pipe down, both of you. When I see the truck, that’s when we move.”

Sideswipe turned his engine on and idled, ready to move to a lower level to avoid the rain despite instructions to the contrary.

“So… how do we know they’ll go for it?”

“Bluestreak-“ Tracks sounded somewhere between bored and irritable himself.

“I mean, humans aren’t stupid, despite what Sunstreaker would say, and it’s a big jump to assume they’ll take this bait.” With that, Sideswipe knew there was no way Bluestreak was going to shut up anytime soon.

Tracks’ response began with a heavy sigh. “Bluestreak-“ The highest-ranking of the three Autobots clearly felt the same way about Bluestreak’s endless banter.

“Really Tracks, think about it – you too Sideswipe, if you want to. We just leave a plain old car by the roadside, stick an Autobot insignia on it, then make an ‘anonymous tip-off’ to Safeguard using a telephone number we’re not even sure is theirs, and they’re going to fall for it? Dumb plan, very dumb plan.”

“Bluestreak-“ Tracks’ voice took on an edge, but Sideswipe knew from past experience that the ever-talkative Autobot wasn’t known for taking subtle hints.

Bluestreak was more than happy to continue sharing his thoughts.“If I was Safeguard, I wouldn’t just come along and drop it on the back of a lorry like we’re all assuming they will, and take it to wherever they take these things. I mean; really, really?”

As a particularly large raindrop splashed off Sideswipe’s windscreen, his patience finally ran out. “For the love of Iacon, shut up Bluestreak. Shut up before I remove your vocals.”

“I know I shouldn’t lower myself, but you can both shut up. This is important and I won’t let either of you screw it up. Radio silence from here on in, got that?” After a few seconds’ silence, he repeated himself. “I said, got that?”

Sideswipe sighed. “You said radio silence.”

“Oh, you can follow orders when you want to. I can’t wait to file the report for this one. Okay then, radio silence from here on in, I’ll assume that silence equals compliance.” The radio fell silent, even Bluestreak knew better than to pipe up. Left to his own solitude, Sideswipe decided to get under cover as the rain intensified. In the guise of a red Lamborghini, he turned his headlights on and drove to the exit ramp at the far corner.

Revving his engine, letting the sound echo around the enclosed space of the ramp, he was unaware of the dark grey Ferrari pulling out of a row of parked cars, following at a distance as he descended.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2010
  2. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    Always fun listening to Autobot exchanges, especially when they're bickering!

3. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mount Hood, Oregon
    25th September, 1984

Rain. Hound had never felt anything like it on his metallic skin. He’d heard of it from Autobots who had visited other, organic, worlds before their departure from Cybertron. To the scout, used to the towers and raised roadways of his homeworld, this was something wholly alien. In the days since reactivation, this was the first time he had ventured beyond the confines of the Ark and the disguised entrance.

Everyone had worked hard under the cover of darkness to build the entrance out of rocks, creating something that would blend in with the natural surroundings. When the first few hours revealed the planet, known locally as Earth, was inhabited Optimus Prime had declared that nobody could go outside in daylight hours lest the planet’s small organic life-forms caught sight of them. Information on suitable vehicle modes had been compiled and once the Ark and its surroundings were rendered habitable, vehicle mode selection would be the next task.

Still in his original Cybertronian form, Hound was forbidden from moving beyond the Ark’s confines. As such he stood a few footfalls away from the entrance, experiencing the unfamiliar environment as much as the need for secrecy would permit. The sky was growing lighter and daylight would soon fall, forcing the Autobots to end all visible operations.

Little had been learned of the area immediately around the Ark’s burial site – they were on the edge of a forest on the south face of a mountain. Wheeljack had managed to repair a survey probe and launch it on the second day, and it had gathered information on the local environment, and they had already gained limited but valuable knowledge of their temporary home.

They knew they were orbiting a yellow dwarf star, not unlike their native Hadeen, but were slightly further away than Cybertron was from the star it orbited. The mountain was near the west coast of a considerably-sized land mass on an organic world covered mostly by water.

The closest evidence of civilisation was a construct that Wheeljack suggested was similar to a Cybertronian raised roadway, snaking along the lower reaches of the mountain slope. The occasional vehicle had been detected, emphasising the need for tight secrecy.

“You should probably get inside.”

Hound looked back over his shoulder to see Ratchet leaning against the inside of the entrance, and forced a weak smile at his friend. Their new surroundings seemed to have had the greatest effect on Ratchet, Hound thought. The irreverent medic had been quieter in the days since reactivation, and Hound mused to himself how he would have heard Ratchet talking long before he arrived at the entrance, or how we would have greeted Hound with a light-hearted quip.

“I know. I just wanted to see what I could before it gets too light.”

Ratchet took a few steps forward and slapped a hand on Hound’s shoulder. “Well before too long, my friend, you’ll get your new vehicle mode. I bet you’re just itching to check this planet out.” Ratchet peered around, looking up at the tall trees. Hound had only ever seen trees in holographic form, but despite their unfamiliarity he was eager to learn more.

"Just as Prime’s itching to the find the Decepticons, I’d wager.”

Ratchet chuckled. “If we had any money on this planet, I’d gladly take you up on that bet. Come on, before any of the locals see you.” Ratchet turned and walked into the dark entrance, leaving Hound alone as rain continued to fall from the pre-dawn sky. Looking up, Hound saw something fly overhead, a winged creature of some species as yet unknown to him. Wishing for a moment that he could go out there and explore his new home closer, he turned on his heel and followed Ratchet into the darkness, into the Ark.

South-west Idaho
    25th September, 1984

Sneering derisively, Starscream surveyed his surroundings. Rocks. Nothing but rocks, a river and empty skies. Standing in a canyon cut by a narrow, trickling river, the Decepticon looked around while others set up an encampment. Much of the stolen Autobot equipment was damaged when the Ark crashed, but they had salvaged what they could before leaving. Skywarp, Thundercracker and Soundwave were busy trying to get a holographic projector working, which they could use to hide their base. Remote though their location was, it was agreed that they couldn’t risk being detected until the defensive capability of the local fleshlings was determined. Soundwave had deployed Frenzy and Rumble, who were busy setting up smaller equipment more appropriate to their diminutive size.

Though they had flown to an indeterminate location in their Cybertronian vehicle modes, with Soundwave accompanying them in robot mode, they felt they couldn’t risk appearing openly. As such Starscream had found a remote location far from any settlements. Among their stolen goods was a small quantity of consumable energon, the holographic projector, and a large amount of communications equipment acquired at Soundwave’s suggestion.

Soundwave had initially suggested they should contact Decepticon forces offworld as a priority. Starscream was pessimistic about their chances of success – they were in an unknown location, having been buried at least long enough that intelligent life had evolved. For all they knew, Cybertron could have been destroyed, Megatron long dead. Starscream saw the wisdom in establishing contact so that other units could be brought in, and Optimus Prime destroyed once and for all.

If Megatron is truly gone after all this time, as Prime’s destroyer I will lead the Decepticons to victory.

Starscream smiled at the thought and crossed his arms, giving one last glance to his comrades before looking up to the clear morning sky.

4. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Portland, Oregon
    18th March 2010

Revving his engine, Sideswipe came to a halt before he could leave the car park. Up ahead, his lights illuminated the yellow and black barrier that had lowered across the car park. Getting in wasn’t a problem, the barrier automatically raised when he arrived, but he knew from Bumblebee’s orientation lessons that leaving was impossible without some human currency.

Knowing that he couldn’t just drive through and break the barrier without drawing attention, Sideswipe waited a moment to make sure nobody was around. A cursory glance suggested there was limited room beneath the floor and ceiling, so he would have to proceed carefully.

A split-second before he was about to transform, he noticed something attached to the ceiling that had rotated around to watch him – a security camera. Cursing silently, he knew leaving would be difficult. Driving through the barrier would attract law enforcement, while transforming would attract the military or worse yet, Safeguard.

While contemplating the best course of action, he became aware of lights shining behind him. Another car had come down the ramp and Sideswipe decided to try and leave behind them before the barrier closed. Sideswipe began to reverse and gave a turn signal that indicated he was going to move out of the way. Before he had a chance to turn into the lowest level, the car’s tyres screeched and it drove forward, hitting Sideswipe’s rear.

Where did this guy learn to drive? Sideswipe held it in reverse and was at a standstill as his own tyres screeched against the tarmac. The following car was too close to Sideswipe’s discrete rear visual sensors for him to be able to recognise it, but his options were Decepticons, a Safeguard operative or another human element. White vapour began to rise from Sideswipe’s wheels, as black streaks were left on the tarmac under him.

After a moment, Sideswipe’s tyres wore down to the extent that he lost traction and began to move forward. Unable to resist any longer, he lurched forward before losing his grip completely and accelerating forward toward the barrier. With his pursuer still pushing, Sideswipe winced as he drove into the barrier, snapping it off. It shattered part of his windscreen, forcing him to silently curse, before bouncing over his roof and denting one corner of his rear spoiler.

Sideswipe was forced up the ramp to the sidewalk and a hapless human dived out of the way as he continued uncontrollably out into the road. He attempted to steer, to get out of the way of his attacker, but cars were already braking and swerving to avoid them both, and in spite of his self-preservation instinct he knew that his situation would only be worsen if there were human casualties.

Reluctantly, he let himself be pushed across the street and into an alleyway between two buildings. Once he was out of side of any humans he put himself into drive and freed himself. His vision was impaired by a broken headlight, leaving part of the alleyway in darkness. Matters weren’t helped when he drove into a dumpster, knocking it over. Aware that he was still being chased, he drove a short distance up the alleyway before skidding, turning around to face his attacker.

The scream of its engine echoed off the surrounding walls as two headlights grew before him. At great risk to himself, Sideswipe decided he had to face his attacker head on. With a series of mental commands he transformed – arms began to unfold from the underside of the red Lamborghini and he pushed himself up as the hood dropped down. His legs telescoped outward from the rear of his car, and as his hip and knee joints took form, allowing him to make a rudimentary attempt to stand up. The formation of his elbows and knees allowed him to bend his arms far enough to push himself fully upright onto his feet as they folded out from behind his rear wheels.

As he pushed himself up, rushing the process, he readied himself as the component sections of his head came together. Once fully transformed he stood, ready to face his attacker. The car’s headlights went dark as a familiar sound echoed around the alleyway. In semi-darkness, the car’s silhouette shifted and rose up into a bipedal form that was already running toward Sideswipe. It vaulted over the fallen dumpster.
    As it ran down the alleyway, Sideswipe heard a voice over his internal radio, that of Tracks. “Sideswipe, have you broken cover? Please advise your situation and if you need backup.”

“I’ll call you back, Tracks, got something I need to deal with. No backup needed.” Sideswipe abruptly cut his radio off before Tracks had a chance to respond, and stood ready as the Decepticon he now recognised as Wildrider slowed down and stood before him, a short distance away.”

Angered by the brazen attack, and the damage to his vehicle mode, Sideswipe stood poised ready to deal with Wildrider. “What’s the matter ‘con, afraid to take me on?”

Wildrider shook his head and sneered. “There’s more of us than there are of you.” He nodded, and Sideswipe glanced back behind him to see Dead End standing, waiting. He only looked for a second before glaring back at Wildrider, resisting the urge to lunge at the Stunticon.

Sideswipe briefly turned his radio back on. “Hey Tracks, are you and Bluestreak close by?”