Transformers Restock Dates for Target?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tim Formas, Aug 2, 2007.

1. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay:
    I know that I talked to my toy dept. mgr. here, and she told me they've had TFs ordered for weeks. Nothing comes in. I'm kinda thinking what DM said may be true. That, or they just plain can't keep up with the demand. Think about how clogged the shelves were with the pre whatever Screamer and Prime. Now think, when's the last time you saw even them? Also, how many times have you seen a company produce a run of toys for X movie (good examples: Spidey 3 and POTC) and watch the stock sit until it's clearanced out? I'm sure Hasbro produced a set amount, and when it all sold like gangbusters, they're playing catch up. It really doesn't bother me to wait. Like others said, it gives me more time to save.

2. Bluestreaker

Bluestreaker Rodimus Pie!!!

News Credits:
    I for one think this is the next restock date after the fall re-set. While the tragic flooding in China would have to be a terrible setback for production and shipping, it really seems like only TF's and G.I.Joes are slow to market. Star Wars and other non-Hasbro product seems to be restocked adequately. Even new TF Fast-action Battlers are popping up pretty regularly in Minnesota.

The only products that are truly MIA are TF Deluxes and 25th Anniversary Joes - probably the most scalpable product out there right now. I think we will start to see a lot of this stuff in the coming weeks.

At worst - I would think that those Target listings are the latest time Targets can expect a full restock.

3. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Actually no, I haven't kept up with the news much lately. That makes sense, then.

4. butz

butz slippery when wet

I also hadn't heard about the flood yet, so don't feel too bad.

Anyways...
    So, am I to understand that concept BB ('08 or '09 or whatever) Isn't supposed to be widely available yet? Somebody said as of this weekend? I suddenly feel silly for all the fruitless hunting I've been doing the last couple weeks, if thats the case.

5. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    Now I wish I hadn't Sent my 08 BB to eBay. I should have held onto it, because I could have gotten more for it in 2 weeks! :D 

6. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, my ETL showed me this stuff last night. He figured I might find it interesting considering my hobby.

Keep in mind that these dates are just estimations though and we may or may not get stuff in sooner. Though, I'm beting that it probably won't happen due to a combination of things:

1) The big f-ing flood in China has definently affected their ability to produce items at factories and export them.

2) I'm sure Hasbro was in the process of playing catch up with their production numbers as it was considering that shelves have been barren around most areas long before the recent flood.

In any case, BBTS seems to have these guys up for preorder, but this may effect their arival dates too, though my preorders for Longarm, Payload and Dropkick with them all say August. So, who knows?

7. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I said in another thread, reset doesn't necesarily mean restock. My local wal-mart reset their toy section and they had fifteen pegs for deluxes set up with one single scorponok figure on them. Stores don't hold carry forward product in the back for resets. If they have it, they sell it.

Also, I haven't seen wave 4 of Star Wars figures yet, my store has just been receiving cases of Wave 3 and earlier. Not saying they're related, but it would explain the lack of new Star Wars product as well.

But like Laser_Optimus said, the merchandise could be that popular that Hasbro was blindsided by the demand for the movie product and now they have to play catch up.

8. bran10

bran10 Well-Known Member

I was talking to one of the target workers at my store, and he said that they clearanced out all the toys and everything was sold out (I mean everything).

9. Ironhide546

Ironhide546 Well-Known Member

News Credits:

"You obviously never learned the basic mathematical equation of media worthiness:

200,000 tsunami victims = 100,000 Japanese people killed in an atomic blast = 5,000 European soccer rioters = 400 Iraqi civilians = 50 inner city black people = 1 white teenager lost in Aruba"

This week its all about the bridges. Seriously, I watch the news all the time and haven't heard anything about this flood.

10. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    Same here! And I've been watching the news at least once a day.

11. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

The same thing happened a few years back with the xbox, or was it the 360? I dunno, same thing to me. They explained how they had been forced into a few month gap in delivering new product, so yeah, I guess that's that. And since I can't just be patient, I'll end up blowing my cash on other less deserving toy lines in the meanwhile.

12. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    So does this mean I should buy an '08 bumblebee for $20 if I know where one is? I was holding out hoping to find him in stores.

13. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Not sure this is always true -- at least not with my W*M. Today, I happened upon an employee scanning all the pegs in the action figure aisle, seemingly prepping for the reset. I arrived just as she was scanning the peg for the Movie Deluxes (containing 3 Bonecrushers -- down from 4 Bonecrushers 2 weeks ago). When I asked when those pegs would be restocked, she said, "After the remod next week. We haven't bothered restocking because we're waiting for that." Granted, it's entirely possible she was clueless, but I've suspected such a pattern at that W*M in the past. :banghead: 

14. rhodium1977

rhodium1977 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have seen the Ultimate Bumblebee in the backroom of the Target I work at and on the box it indicated a transition date of 08/05 on it. We have been getting deluxes consistently but sell out immediately. I talk with Hasbro reps and it is a matter of demand outpacing supply and that is why we are seeing waves move up quicker than usual with dropkick and the such. New stores that have opened up have had sufficient supply for their openings and I see no reason that distribution would sacrifice supply for all stores for a couple new stores. As with transformers we have to be diligent in coming in at 8 am to get the toys we want because you now have scalpers and the such that now have a collective eye on transformers and gi joe that in the past was situated only for star wars and hot wheels.

15. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

The scalping and impossible-to-find figures are what drove me out of Star Wars. I hope the same thing doesn't happen to TF. Right now I'm confident we'll see plenty of deluxes in a month or so, but yeah it sucks waiting.

16. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I wouldn't jump on something like that unless you just can't wait. He'll be out with the waves that show up in October. Unless you're just that impatient.

On a side note, I'm really surprised how a lot of people seem to think that because of this month or so gap in product that they're not going to be able to get the wave three guys... though they're mostly worrying about 08 BB. But, when was the last time that anyone ever saw a figure only show up in a single wave and be gone (unless they're in the final wave).

So, honestly, patience is a virtue. It just depends on if you don't want to wait until October.

That's entirely possible, but to be honest goes against what I know from my experience working at Wal-Mart (for the record I've worked at K-Mart, Wal-Mart, Toys R Us, KB Toys and now Target... I've got WAY too much retail experience and will be very happy when I finish college and can leave it in the past...). It goes against the store trying to sell merchandise. The store can't sell empty peg space so, if they had the stock in the back, even with a reset coming in a few weeks, they'd put it out. I suppose it's entirely possible that an idiot department head or idiot store manager could have thought it was a good idea to sit on their stock for the reset (especially if they've known about the 'shortage' before now), but it does go against company policy and the whole point of retail in general.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2007
  17. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We just got our first big drop of transition material (13 pallets!) and I didn't see Ultimate BB anywhere (of course I didn't check the backroom to see if he'd come in eariler in the week). We get another huge drop tonight and then we start setting toys Sunday night. Didn't see anything that is currently out on the floor come off the truck either.

18. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've never worked retail myself, but it certainly seems to go against any sort of common sense for the reasons you state. Nonetheless, I've seen it time and time again at my local W*M. I've gone so far as to tell the toy manager (politely) that I buy one of just about every TF, and that I'd buy them all there if they got them on the shelf in a timely fashion. She didn't seem terribly interested in securing my business, though.

W00t! So what waves are we talking about here?

*Hopes a similar situation is developing at the Lafayette, IN Target.*

19. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    My friend called me today @ work and told me the Target buy our houses has already started they reset of the action figure aisle and also had sealed cases of product on the floor to start stocking once the reset was done.

I just want *ONE* Arcee and *ONE* concept BB...I'm so hoping they've got the new product out by the time I get off work today!

20. bran10

bran10 Well-Known Member

I was at Target last week, and they had nothing! abasolutely nothing. Then I asked the worker when they are going to get more, and he said he didn't know. I knew he was hiding something. So I guess they're waiting for the reset on the 5th? I'm not really getting my hopes up because all the stores where I live does not have anything! So They probably won't get much I guess but I'm going on the 4th and 5th to check.