Transformers Resolute? Adapt War Within or Infiltration (IDW)

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by ValkerieJetfire, Feb 1, 2009.

1. ValkerieJetfire

ValkerieJetfire Member

Well in my opinion I would love to see a mature TF show, not "Mature" as in more gratuitous death, blood and sex or whatever counts as "adult" now, but more Mature stories and ideas.

Beats Machines to failed not because of the seriousness of the story but because it wasn't well executed, none of the characters really seemed like their Beast Wars counterparts, like Silverbolt going from a goofy Knight character to a wannabe Batman.

The TF IP does allow for a lot of good story look at Transformers The War Within,, the prequel to the DreamWave continuity.

The Transformers are a race of sentient robots, weird but a cool idea to me, who have been locked in an eternal war of Ideology and resources, this is a very good premise for some mature storyline. You know something akin to Gundam, the U.C or 00. Gundams not the later Gundam Wing or Seed.

Well that's just my opinion, don't stone me. Oh I'm not a Joe fan but this does look good, and I;m just glad Americans are back to taking risks in Animation and compete with Japan.

And still for the record I do somewhat enjoy Animated, I hope it continues but I still would love to see TF Resolute, why can't we have both Animated and something for the older crowd? I don't think Hasbro has Embargo on their characters.
    I think i remember reading that Hasbro is considering making these shows as "Entertainment for Entertainments sake" meaning shows first and maybe toys later if they take off.

2. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Welcome to TFW2005! Please don't bump old news threads, what I'll do is break your post off into a new discussion thread.

As to your point, I agree. The movie positions itself as simultaneously mature and sophomoric. I'd love to see a story with mature designs AND a mature story.

3. ValkerieJetfire

ValkerieJetfire Member

Sorry... I'll not do it again....

4. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    It's all good. :) 

5. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

I agree, maybe a series of animated films(big screen or not) going through either War Within or something along the lines of Stormbringer would be amazing. If they got the write animators and team on it there's a great possibility it could be very gritty deep and intense, and welcome to TFW :D 

6. ValkerieJetfire

ValkerieJetfire Member

Yes I agree, though some may prefer their TF to be goofy and that's fine, that's why there's TF:A and hopefully the rumor of it's impending demise will turn out to be exaggerated.

Well I just hope G.I. Joe Resolute turns out to be a hit, it looked kinda like Ghost in the Shell but with Joe characters!

7. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    honestly if TF's do get some love I dont want to see an old story animated. Also it would be a good chance to tell a new story for the older viewer. and most fans do know of the WW stuff so why tell them it all again?

8. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    If Within War got a Animated show of it's mean that Peter Collin,Frank Welker,Gregg Berger & others chould return to their old G1 roles.

9. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Funny, I thought Beast Machines failed due to poor ratings. It was too dark to be a kids show.

10. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    You're both right. The departure of popular characters from their known personalities led to the drop in ratings. I think a more mature TF show would be a niche product, not a mass media, targeted-to-kids show like we've seen with other series.

11. Wildbot

Wildbot Member

A Transformer Resolute would be a fun thing to see maybe the story before they show up on Earth or something like DotF from X-men where instead of mutants the Autobots are hunted down by the decepticons.

12. ValkerieJetfire

ValkerieJetfire Member

Dark=bad?

Well being "Dark" doesn't necessarily ruin a kids show. Look at the famous Batman TAS, it was a very Dark show and it did very well and only recently did the DCAU end with Justice League Unlimited.

Also The 90's Incredible Hulk's first Season was also dark and it was fairly successful, that is until the networks also thought that it was too dark and added She-Hulk and turned it into a horribly goofy badly written affair.

Also what about Gargoyles, that was pretty dark with it's themes of Betrayal ,Death, Redemption, and Mythology. It did pretty well, it was dark but it did have comedy.

Maybe BM did lack some comedy but that wasn't what turned me off of it.

13. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    That's not the case at all. BM was completely scripted from the start to be a 26 episode run, no more, no less.

14. kwickstrike

kwickstrike Banned

Ebay:
    i think that beast machines and g1 should make a baby. you would have the perfect tone of a show