Transformers: Resistance

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by LacksAFace, Dec 9, 2011.

1. LacksAFace

LacksAFace Devastator's Balls

Resistance

Chapter I

My name is Raed Lennox, also known as "Red" among my comrades. My father was William Lennox, a famed hero fought and eventually died with the Autobots against the Decepticon invasion.

I was just a small boy when we heard of what had happened in Mission City almost twenty years ago. 'Giant robots battling it out in the streets', and a 'City brought to life' were just headlines on the news back then. Now it is my realiy, our reality, mankind's reality.

Before my father was killed, he told me about how the Decepticons brought Mission City to life with something called the AllSpark and how the Autobots there were captured. He told me of a rain of hundreds of Decepticons landing on Earth after their leader, Megatron, sent out a message...a message to conquer Earth. Autobots came from space to help us, but despite our best efforts, the Decepticons were too many and too powerful. Huge battles were fought, turning parts of Earth into blackened, war-scarred wastelands. Now, twenty years later, we are all that's left. The Resistance.

A hand landed on my shoulder. I turned around to see Robert Epps Jr looking at me, an expression of sympathy on his face. "I'm sorry about your dad, Red", he said, "but we can't give up now. C'mon, my father wants to see you". I nodded and followed him to his father, another human hero named Robert Epps. His small, but comfortable headquarters was a small wooden cabin, built from the wood of the Amazon jungle.

I envied Rob in a way. His father was still alive, but Robert Snr was like an uncle too me. He would take care of me and my brothers. Robert Snr sat at the head of a large table, his sub-ordinates and lieutenants sat at the other seats. Robert noticed me and motioned for me to sit at the empty seat between my two brothers, Damien and Jon Lennox.

"As most of you already know", started Robert, "our great commander, William Lennox, fell in battle against the enemy yesterday morning. With his death, we have lost our last base on the North American continent".

"So there is nothing we can do to stem the Decepticon progress there?" asked one of Epp's sub-commanders.

"I'm afraid now", replied Epps. "However, I have a way of hitting back at the Decepticons. Our spies have told us that the Decepticons have built a large prison like building, near where Rio de Janerio used to be, said to hold tens of thousands of our brothers captive. Slaves have been seen building extensive defences along the entire prison's perimeter. The place is also heavily garrisoned".

"Surely you don't mean for us to attack this place?" asked a man, his voice wavering.

"Not directly", assured Epps. He took a device from his pocket and placed it on the table. Upon impact an image sprung forth, like a hologram. The image was of a huge building, mostly metallic and dwarfing the human structures around it. The large entrance was heavily defended by Decepticon protoforms, whilst huge gun platforms sat menacingly above it. All sectors of the structure appeared heavily defended, except for the left side which appeared to be under construction. The unmoving figures of hundreds of human slaves could barely be seen next to their Decepticon overseers.

"This was an image taken by our spies several days ago", explained Epps. "The Decepticons must be hiding something important here, and we're going to find out. Our spies think they are hiding thousands of human soldiers captive there. If we break them out we may just have a chance of winning this war".

"And how are we going to break them out? Our men will be slaughtered", said the man who had spoken before.

"We are going to feign an attack against their front entrance", continued Epps. "All our artillery and heavy equipment will be used to their maximum potential there. Our limited airforces will draw away their Seekers and Fighters. Meanwhile, I will lead a small yet capable force into the left side of the structure and discover what's inside. Once we have what we need, our men will withdraw. Any questions?"

I sat patiently as numerous questions were asked. Epps answered all of them and eventually dismissed everyone. I was about to leave after my younger brothers when Epps quickly approached me and took me aside. "Red, I am really sorry about your father. I knew him well, and I am pained to see him gone. For twenty years we have fought at each other's side and now...well, now I feel like the Decepticons have struck a major blow on this dying war".

"I want to come with you", I quickly stated.

"Red, I'm assigning you to defend the base. I need someone capable here".

"Look, Epps, my father just died. I can't live with the fact that the Decepticons have done this to my family. Am I to sit around and do nothing?"

"Red, if I fall you might be the one humanity will rely on?"

"There always needs to be a Lennox in the field, leave the base to my brothers. You always say how you fought by my father's side...maybe it's time you fight by my side. I know...I can never be my father, but give me a chance at least".

Epps looked at me, his brow furrowed and his eyes sparkling as if he was remembering the old days.

"Fine", he said, "but I'm telling you, this is gonna be the real deal. This isn't some small raid on their Energon supplies. This is the real war".

"And I want to be a part of it".

Chapter II

"Lock and load, soldiers".

Epps crouched behind the broken wall, fingering the trigger of his Fusion Rifle. As the war continued, the humans had managed to use and adapt Cybertronian technology and use it for their own needs. The Fusion Rifle was one of them, an automatic weapon which could fire small rounds that could pierce Decepticon armour. Most of the original human technology had fallen out of use. Most heavy rounds from bombers, artillery and tanks were now fused with EMP bursts so that any Decepticon hit would not only take damage, but may also find himself physically disabled for a short amount of time.

I was amazed by what had become of this once bustling city. Three years ago, back when I should've been in college, I remember driving through this city with one of my father's convoys. By that point in time we had accepted we were going to lose and that was when we were on our way to establish the Amazonian Base. The Brazillian Army was busy making preparations to defend the city. For nought, I guess, considering what was left of Rio de Janerio now. The tall skyscrapers were reduced to rubble or standing ruins, and much of the city's suburbia was gone. This massive Decepticon structure was as tall as the tallest skyscraper, and several times wider. It dwarfed it's surroundings and made an already gloomy day seem all the more gloomier.

A dozen men. Just a dozen of us were going in and I had no idea how many of us were going to come out, if we came out at all. If all went to plan, we'd come out with thousands of imprisoned soldiers...if it didn't, then the Resistance would crumble with the sudden loss of leadership. Epps was our leader, and I was sure he could get us through this.

"Ok, soldiers, once the bombardment starts, follow me and stay on my ass", ordered Epps. "Stay close, if we have to fight, no one try to be the hero. We have to get inside that building". I nodded and I noticed several other soldiers doing the same.

This would be my first combat in over a year, and the triggers of my Ion Blasters were becoming rusty. Both these weapons were given to me by my father almost five years ago. It was said to be the exact copy of what a certain Autobot Medic had used, just a bit smaller, yet just as deadly. Along with those, I had a Neutron Assault Rifle strapped to my back, also a bit of Cybertronian technology.

Suddenly my thoughts were interrupted as I felt a slight shake on the ground underneath me. I looked over towards the main entrance of the building in the distance and noticed large plumes of smoke.

"Bring the rain", I said to myself.

Human soldiers accompanied by tanks and artillery pieces were advancing towards the entrance. Several Decepticons were caught in the pounding and disappeared inside the explosions whilst others were firing back with their own automatic weapons. The huge turrets on the gun platforms were being manned and loaded. They didn't have much time.

I turned back to Epps who was just about to open his mouth when a loud, sinister voice erupted from within the building, "Human rebels, my name is Barricade, your courage is admirable, but your stupidity is expected. End this futile gesture, surrender now and I may spare your lives...if not...we will show no mercy".

I saw Epps' face take on a grim expression. "I remember that bastard back from Mission City", he said. "I wouldn't mind getting a shot on him today".

He turned around and peered over the broken wall. I could not see past it from my crouched position but he could and then he turned around, "Let's go!"

The next several moments were a rush for me. I remember running out from cover amidst my comrades, my heart beating, my stomach fluterring and my arms feeling weak. I took a quick look at our objective, a section of the outer structure which had not been completed. Two Decepticons stood guard watching at least twenty human slaves labour away at the wall.

The Decepticons turned and saw us coming, and began to aim their weapons, but an EMP infused sabot round hit one of them in the chest. He staggered backwards, the cannon mounted on his arm disappearing. The other Decepticon opened fire, but our training quickly kicked in as we all dropped to the ground. One of our men was too slow and was hit in the chest, the impact launching his lifeless body several metres back. The rest of us returned fire with our weapons, one of which hit the left optic of the standing Decepticon. He roared in rage and clutched at his eye, then a sabot round hit him in the shoulder, causing one of his metallic arms to go limp.

Epps got back up, aiming down the scope of his Fusion Rifle, unloading a barrage of energon powered rounds at the wounded Decepticon. Under our focused fire, the Decepticon threw down his large weapons and fled into the building. The other Decepticon, still stunned, fell to one knee and was totally oblivious to us as we wandered past him. As I ran past, I noticed the human slaves had fled from the direction we had come from, finally free from their overseers. I didn't know how long their freedom would last, but any freedom was better than none. As I entered the structure, the Decepticon finally collapsed as the last of his circuits died down. Hopefully by the time he awoke, we would be out of this place.

And so I, Raed Lennox, entered the maw of beast.

2. SavageThunder

SavageThunder Stalking the Shadows...

like it! like it a lot ! more please!

3. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

That's actually pretty good.

4. LacksAFace

LacksAFace Devastator's Balls

I'll be updating the first post, so I'll post in this thread and let everyone know there has been an update.

So anyway, Chapter II is up.

5. SavageThunder

even better!!

6. SavageThunder

Hey Lacksaface? You have a very unique fanfic telling hand. Intricately detailed, suspensful, not too much or too little of something. You made excellently awesome!