Transformers Rescue Bots Premier Discussion!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Thenames9, Dec 17, 2011.

1. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Just watched them with my nephews. My 5 year old nephew liked it. The show is aimed at his age group, so that's a plus. As a Transformers fan, I found the lack of Decepticons very noticeable, but, it's not meant for people like me.

I do have to wonder what TF universe, if any, this is set in. In the pilot, Optimus mentions the fall of Cybertron, so we have to assume it fell to the Decepticons. Could this be set in the TFP Universe, or a new timeline altogether?

2. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Not for me. Way to kiddy.

3. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    It was fun and enjoyable.

The only thing i dislike was the animation, the theme song and Optimus Prime's mouth.

Other than that i like the charecters (yes even Kade, he maybe a jerk at times but he does love his brother). My personal fav is Chase. I just love how much he's like Robocop. D.C Douglas is now becoming a new fav voice actor.

Also i swear Doc Greene is Jamaican Doc Brown.

4. Sparkykandy

Sparkykandy Well-Known Member

Count me in as one of the rare few who didn't particularly care for it. I thought that it was okay.

First off, I dislike the designs when it came to the robots. I sort wished that they were more like the toy designs, which I vastly preferred.

Also, the characterizations are different then from what I thought that they would be. I have the storybook that comes with the Chase figure, and Chase and Boulder have different personalities. I sort of prefer Chase's personality in the storybook to be honest. ^_^;

Last, if they are going to give Optimus a mouth, I wish they do it in a way that it looks good instead of creepy.

I'll probably give it a couple more episodes so I can get used to the different characterizations and the designs, but it's not on my must watch list.

5. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Banned

News Credits:
    When does the actual series start is this was a sneak peek? Or is this is starting official.

6. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Think these 2 episodes were the premier eps and in checking around no other eps for 2 weeks...it will probably return after the holidays.

7. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    by some strange reason tfwiki considers Rescue Bots to be part of the Prime Frnachise/Continuty

i havent seen any of the Aligned continuty shows at the moment, but is there anything to suggest they all take place in teh same continuty?

8. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Only that they are BOTH airing on the HUB?!?! :lol 

9. Crystal Convoy

Crystal Convoy Huh? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hasbro's word. Anything new not relating to the movies or anything older is in one big continuity.

10. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    then that would make the kreos part of the prime continuty aswell?

11. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Aside from Optimus Prime not looking the same as he does in Prime, there's not much to conflict between the series. (at least not yet) Cybertron is still an unlivable place, and there's still a war on - in which the Rescue Bots don't actively participate, instead working their gig on an isolated island. It's almost like they thought out how to have Rescue Bots exist in a little protected canon bubble within the Prime Universe. I don't think it's directly stated though (yet)

I see Rescue Bots' visual design, and my mind wanders to Charlie the robot from that old episode of Scooby Doo. :) 

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  12. Arsenic

Arsenic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They say "Hasbro's recent policy is put every new series in Aligned Continuity. So RB should be considered one of them. If you want to say RB is not in that continuity, YOU should bring the proof."

I seriously doubt that RB is part of it, but I have no proof so I couldn't say anymore there.

13. Arsenic

News Credits:
    Well, it is possible that RB and Prime are in same continuity family where Cybertron has fallen, but not exactly same continuity. (like G1 animations and Marvel G1 comics)

14. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    i never said that i dont want RB to be part of the prime continuty

15. Arsenic

News Credits:
    Ah, I didn't meant it. Never mind.

There were no announce about when RB start airing, right?
    I had been wating Prime Season 2, but now I'm waiting for RB so deadly!

16. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    um Rescue bots started airing last saturday, we jsut dont know when the rest of the eps will air

17. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Just saw the first two episodes on YouTube yesterday after I noticed a page for it on the wiki. I have mixed opinions of this series...

The good: They actually had an origin for the characters the show is focused on which right off the bat got me into the series better than Prime did.

Of course they got a Peter Cullen Optimus Prime again which is always nice.

The bad: Optimus Prime is barely in the show at all as it focuses on Heatwave as the team leader. Also the little kid design of the character doesn't really fit the normal heroic sounding Optimus Prime. This Super Hero Squad Show where the characters are also cute versions of Marvel characters including voices to match the cute little kid art style.

While on the subject of design, has anyone noticed that these robots have a lot in common with Go-Bots. Referring to the fact that rather than having cool looking helmets like a Transformer, they're robots with hats like the Go-Bots were. You can especially see it on Heatwave who is wearing a fire chief helmet that fits his vehicle mode which is something a Go-Bot fire truck would do.

Speaking of Go-Bots, one of them is named Bolder. As in the leader of the good guy Rock Lords from the Go-Bots movie. And before they scan vehicle modes he even kinda looks like his Rock Lord name sake. OK I'm getting back to design now I gotta move forward not backwards.

So lets move forward with the other thing I don't like about this series. No Decepticons. This show is set up like another little kid Transformers series based off a Pre-School Transformers toy line. Specifically the OTHER Go-Bots cartoon. Go-Bots (cartoon) - Transformers Wiki

Of course then I come here and find people claiming it's part of the Prime continuity which makes it all that much worse. Seriously, you want proof they're not in the same continuity, open your freaking eyes and look at Optimus Prime.

[​IMG]

We've seen flash backs of Orian Pax on Cybertron and he already looks similar to the design style of his Earth form. This design from WFC looks NOTHING like that there for they can't be the same character.

[​IMG]

He's a long nose semi with a long detail-less face and a slit for a mouth.

[​IMG]

He's more like G1 Prime with the proportions of Animated Prime (Minus the chin as his head is actually quite short.) and a retracting face plate that shows a hinged jaw just like all the other Rescue Bots.

In short, THEY LOOK NOTHING ALIKE! No way in hell are they the same character. These are obviously 3 entirely different incarnations of Optimus Prime. They can get away with changing the art style and design if they keep it in continuity with the other mediums but there's just no way that this fits together.

You have to go from Prime Orian Pax, to War for Cybertron Optimus Prime, to Fall of Cybertron Optimus Prime, to Prime Optimus Prime, to Rescue Bots Optimus Prime. It just doesn't work because Prime Orian Pax has to come AFTER Fall of Cybertron for that design to make sense with his Prime Earth mode. And if the design came after then the story wouldn't make sense because then he couldn't be Optimus Prime in either of the games.

Megatron likewise was already in his Prime form BEFORE Orian Pax became Optimus Prime which means he NEVER changed alt modes on Cybertron like his video game counterpart.

You wanted proof that it's not in continuity, there's your proof.

18. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^
    Meh, it's cooler to think they are in the same continuity, just roll with it. Besides, crossovers between the two vastly different shows would be hilarious.

19. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Then again, there's the IDW comics, where any given character can near-completely change style or overall design, depending on sub-series or artist whim, yet are explicitly in continuity, so I'm willing to let some things slide in animation.

I think it would be nifty to have one or more Rescue Bots appear in Prime (with a corresponding style-shift), even if it's only over a comm screen.

20. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    The character design have nothing to do if they are in the same continuty or not. character can look different always and yet be the same guy (look at some comics and such, they lall look different to ther original counterparts, yet they are the same guy)

example, look at optimus on one of the G1 Comics
    http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/8/83/IDWPrime_Earth.jpg

few comics later
    http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/9/97/Ongoing_Issue_1-Optimus_Surrenders.jpg

HE LOOKS Different, but that doesnt means he's a different guy, he still the same optimus from the first pic. so Just cause he looks different it doesnt means they arent in the same continuty

Also look at the Unicron trilogy Optimus
    http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/2/28/FirstEncounter_Prime.jpg
    http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/8/88/EnergonOptimusForms.jpg
    http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/b/b7/CybertronPrime_finalbattlepose.jpg

Yet, Same guy