Transformers Repair

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Satomiblood, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

First of all, I did a search to see if there was a thread aimed at repairing damaged or broken figures. I figured it'd belong here since it doesn't pertain to kitbashing. However, I do apologize if this is in the wrong forum (or there is already a topic for this that I glossed over).

I'll begin:

I'm having an issue with my Movie '77 Bumblebee. I was trying to switch it to robot mode, but I couldn't get the front portion of the car over his head. Ended up forcing it through and snapping a very small yellow piece off (which I saved). It's a tiny bit of plastic that keeps the front portion of the car in place while in alt mode. Without it, the front won't stay connected to the car. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what's the best method in fixing it? Should I glue the piece back on or modify it another way?

2. XJunky

XJunky Howdy Ho Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

I think this is a pretty common problem. My 77 BB has the same issue, and I've seen tons of loose ones for sale that have the hood misaligned in the pics as well.

~X

3. Satomiblood

Well, the hood portion just falls forward without that "hinge" holding it in place. It's not really an issue if you have it in alt mode and have it set down, but if you're holding it, it's apparent. There also isn't a visible problem in robot mode since that's an interior piece.

4. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

:banghead: 
    You were supposed to push the button on his hood to swing the front of the car. It's in the instructions, for pete's sake.

5. Satomiblood

This actually doesn't help since it's after the fact. I was hoping for a way to fix it and any other issues with figures people might be having, hence why I posted the thread.

6. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

When Bumblebee first came out there were a bunch of threads about this problem. A lot of people were snapping that piece. I think the only "fix" they came up with was to take it back, get a new one & MAKE SURE YOU PUSH THE BUTTON!

7. Satomiblood

Wasn't there a defect of some sort in the automorph button? Because when I did press it, the hood still wouldn't budge.

8. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    any pics of the broken parts?

i fixed mine

9. Satomiblood

It's a very small plastic piece that snapped off. Looks like part of the button that goes down when you press the automorph part. I did save it. This is what keeps the hood postion of the car in place during alt mode. I've been able to transform it a few times in the past but the automorph button wasn't doing anything. Still wouldn't budge.

10. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Return it to the store and get another one. You can't fix that break. And if the button won't budge, you have to push like mad. Mine stalls a bit, so I have to push harder.

11. Satomiblood

I took the figure apart and super glued the piece that broke off. I'll see how that works. If not, I'll either get another one or I'll remove the driver's side spring.