Transformers: Regenesis

Discussion in 'Transformers Funnies' started by Vagabond Elf, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

I see pics from Warring at Play, Retribution, etc

2. Vagabond Elf

Vagabond Elf Well-Known Member

You do in fact see pics from Warring, Retribution, and Out of the Dead Land, as noted in the "thank you" comment after the last update. I needed something to create the war montage, and the authors of those stories were kind enough to let me use their pics. (This is why Coolhand and StarFire (and Polenicus) got "sneak peaks," I showed them what I'd done when I asked for permission to use their work.)

Thanks. Dragstrip being female actually predates this story idea. Arcee's head was made using Shapeways, and they have a minimum order. In order to fill that, I got three heads done, and made all three Hondas into girls. If you look closely in the group shot, you'll see that "Windcharger" is also wearing a female head (and is recast as Flareup, who will be around but doesn't have any dialogue in the scripts so far.) That also predates the TFA Stunticons, for what that's worth.

Jetfire doesn't make it into the story until at least chapter 3, maybe chapter 4 - chapter 3 is only an outline right now and some of it may get pushed back - so I don't mind talking about him a little right now.

I've always liked the version where Starscream and Jetfire were scientists and explorers together before the war, and that says to me that Jetfire was a Seeker at that early point. (I'm assuming that the Seekers label predates the Decepticon one.) When Jetfire decided that Starscream was wrong, he left the Seekers and the Decepticons and joined the Autobots - and some of the other Seekers came with him. That's who the other three Valks are; they're essentially new characters, and exist to give Jetfire's faction some numbers. (Yes, Jetfire et al. is a separate faction now; so are Starscream and the Seekers. Details of that situation will come in due course. :)  )

As for their alt-mode - Jetfire never gained an Earth-Alt-Mode, and when the others decided to follow him, they reformatted back to the Cybertronian aircraft they'd been before.

3. Coolhand

Coolhand Spiff's Stunt Double

Nice bit of backstory there, sounds like dynamic between Jetfire and Starscream will be interesting to watch unfold. Also sounds like the political landscape of Regenesis is a bit more complex than the usual Transformers tale. So there's at least four cybertronian factions in play now, Autobot's Decepticons, Jetfire's Ex-Seekers and Starscream's Seekers. Looking forward to seeing how it all plays out. :) 

4. StarFire_MK2

StarFire_MK2 'Till All are One!

Ebay:
    "Tracks has minor damage."
    "Minor? They blew my arm off!" :lol 

I'm enjoying seeing rarely used characters here. I think that will be one of the strengths of this comic. Most of us use Jazz and Prime; few use Ricochet and Arcee.There's lots of potential for character exploration and creation there! Already, we see Arcee is a hot-head and disagrees with Prime. For the moment, she is a good soldier and follows orders; I'm very curious how long that may/will last.

Yep, excellent potential for character exploration and creation! Keep 'em coming!

Last edited: May 18, 2012
  5. Vagabond Elf

:/ Arcee's not supposed to be a hot-head. Agressive, sure, but focused on the job and good at it. Thus the bit at the beginning where she's telling the boys to quit fighting and pay attention.

I will be using Jazz and Prowl and Prime, of course; they're the leaders of the Autobots and not characters you can just sub out. But yes, one of the things I wanted to do was to play with the toys other people didn't.

Anyway, gents, thanks for the kind words and feedback. Having people show interest makes me want to do more, as I'm sure you well know.

6. Vagabond Elf

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dun-dun-DUHN!

This is the end of Chapter One. (It also inaugurates a tradition of Swindle having long scenes; I swear, he just won't shut up.)

I had hoped to be able to roll into Chapter Two without a pause, but a few different things (most notably a nearby fire that put out enough smoke that I had to go to a friend's for the afternoon, and actually managing to physicaly lose Shockwave's lab, requiring a rebuild of the walls) have put me behind on that plan. So there will be a pause for a few weeks. I promise to make it as short as possible!

Thanks to everyone who's read the first chapter and responded with interest; I'll do my humble best to make it worth it for you.

7. Takeout

Takeout Mistress of the Night

Hm, I'm beginning to see where this might be going.

Pretty good so far, can't wait to see how it goes.

I'm not sure I recognize the black Jeep with Swindle. Is he Motormaster, Rage, or someone else entirely?

8. Wars

Wars I ate the WHOLE plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Interesting stuff going on here between Swindle and the Cylons. :popcorn 

Who're the other two 'Cons there? I'm guessing along the lines of Motormaster, and, maybe a Predacon?

9. Vagabond Elf

Ooops! The black H3 is indeed Motormaster. I thought I had everyone with a speaking role be addressed by name when they first appeared. Clearly, I missed that in this case.

The yellow H3 has ended up as Detritus, but that's not really who I set out to make. I just figured to use the H3 and some spare parts to make another 'Con, and then hunted through lists of Decepticons trying to figure out who he could be. When I sat down to make the story, I realsed that it wasn't a huge stretch to make him Detritus, and that having another Combaticon would be good. So Detritus he is.

10. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Cool customs.

And my, things are getting to be very interesting. :popcorn 

11. Coolhand

Coolhand Spiff's Stunt Double

Damn it, I love these customs!

So the Decepticons serving under Shockwave have made a deal with the Cylons for "shells," which by the look of it are Cybertronian bodies of some description that the Cons are not capable of manufacturing themselves. Questions are:

-What did the Cons give the Cylons as payment? Seems to have been something so significant that the Cylons instantly stopped complaining and accepted the deal. Clearly, the Cons have access to some heavyweight tech or data they used for that trade and my curiosity is piqued.

-What do the Cons intend to do with these shells? They look like cybertronian bodies but without the ability to create more sparks, what use are they? I sense a plot afoot...

Also: Swindle speaking a lot is no bad thing. I loves me some Swindle, I do. :D 

12. Vagabond Elf

Shells are just bodies, empty mechanical things that have no live or meaning until infused with a Spark. The 'Cons having no real construction capability, Shockwave was forced to outsource. :) 

Just to keep interest up: 4 of 5 scenes are photographed. The last one requires some set building, and shooting it is, alas, going to require me to move most of my MOTUC collection so they're not in the shots. :(  But things are moving forward.

In the meantime, Chapter One is now posted on my website, for convenient re-reading (or for new readers wanting it all in one go). There's also a Cast page, with some background tidbits burried in there. You can see it at:

Transformers: Regenesis

13. StarFire_MK2

Ebay:
    Oooh, Cylons working with Decepticons! That's a nice cross-over with huge potential for badassery and treachery on all sides.

As many people have pointed out, great customs. I've been tempted by the H3s before, and find myself so again. I've always been a bit concerned about their poseability. I find the Jeeps limited, and the H3s look even worse. What are your thoughts on them?

14. Vagabond Elf

I find them comperable to the jeeps. Bear in mind that they're KO quality - fairly good for KOs, but even so, I've had peices break off two of them now. On Motormaster's first incarnation I actually had a metal door snap in half. So one must be cautious when manipulating them.

The leg kibble does get in the way a bit, and the knees have an annoying tendancy to bend at the transformation joint and not the proper knee, but over all they're pretty close to the jeeps, just a bit more fragile.

15. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    cool comic; off to a great start. Can't wait for chapter 2...

16. Vagabond Elf

So, if everything stays on track I'm hoping to resume posting around the end of the month. Post-production is underway on most of Chapter 2; the set for Scene 5 still isn't built, but it is at least all planned, and I've managed to streamline it into something I actually can build. However, I'm running a larp on the 23rd, so that's been eating a lot of my brain.

This is mostly to keep interest up... but also to call attention to some small changes in my sig.

I make no promises, but I'm hopeful to resume posting by July.

17. StarFire_MK2

Ebay:
    Sweet, looking forward to it!

18. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Sounds good, can't wait!

19. Vagabond Elf

So, I'm not quite as far along as I wanted to be... but I'm close enough, I think. And so, what better thing to do on my favourite holiday of the year than to resume posting? :) 

Happy Canada Day, everyone!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. StarFire_MK2

Ebay:
    Oh, awesome. I've always preferred the Acura mold for Red Alert and the Subaru for Prowl. Very nice.

Starscream a better scientist that Shockwave?? There's a new twist. I'm curious to see where that story arc may go.

What are you using for the floor? Is that the bottom of a computer case?

EDIT: Happy Canada day!

Last edited: Jul 1, 2012