Transformers: Regenesis

Discussion in 'Transformers Funnies' started by Vagabond Elf, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Interesting... Glyph being Jetfire's girlfriend, plus the choice of a shell. Love how she initially thought it was romantic of Jetfire to play the hero, but upon finding out how he retrieved her Spark from Starscream, she's all like "okay maybe not that romantic but I'm still flattered," and in the end, she asks her "hero" to teach her to fly.

*Whips out :popcorn *

2. StarFire_MK2

StarFire_MK2 'Till All are One!

Ebay:
    Great update! Very touching and insightful...and, damn you, now I want a VF-171

3. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

I love how genuine the dialogue feels here. It makes me feel like I'm not watching two toys being animated through several panels, but two real people having an emotional conversation.

4. StarFire_MK2

Ebay:
    True, VE really has a talent for writing dialogue. :rock 

5. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    :popcorn  :popcorn 

6. Vagabond Elf

Vagabond Elf Well-Known Member

Aw, thanks. I liked working with this, too. This felt really real to me as a wrote it. If Sil is the rough parts of my ex-girlfreind, I think Glyph is the smooth bits.

Just don't get a CF. I've been lucky but from all reports they make MP-9 look solid and durable; general consensus is a bad batch of plastic on the shoulders. Mine mostly says in Battroid and that seems to help a lot.

7. Vagabond Elf

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And that brings Chapter 7 to a close. Three Chapters to go!

I'll switch back to We Lost A Package as soon as practical. I was going to say that would probably be in November when I hit Reading Week, but my plans for Thanksgiving Monday fell through. (Not dinner, just stuff.) So I may have the time to blitz out a bunch of photos. We'll see. That's the hard part, because I have to take my living room apart to make the land of Lost Socks. Even so, it'll take a while to get things done and postable.

I know no-one will begrudge the time, I just like keeping folks informed. :) 

Happy Thanksgiving! And remember, fellow Canucks, advanced polls open this week-end and you have no good excuse for not voting. Unless you like the status quo; because not voting is the same as saying "meh, good enough, no need for change."

(Please don't turn this into a political commentary. That's against TFW's rules. I don't think an exhortion to exercise your franchise will be too controversial but someone will disagree if anyone gets specific, and that's not what this forum is for.)

:) 

8. Primon4723

Primon4723 Autobot

:popcorn 

9. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

I wonder who the new warriors are? Guess we'll have to wait for the next chapter to find out. *Whips out :popcorn *

No worries as to how soon you'll be able to start the next chapter to "We Lost a Package." Your updates for both of your comics are always well worth the wait. :) 

10. StarFire_MK2

Ebay:
    Great update! Short, but full of promise.
    ...that's what she said!

Ahem, sorry. Working long hours on the road and I'm very punchy!

From one Canuck to another, well done sir, on nudging people to vote. I think it's great to see others encouraging people to exercise this rare (on a global scale) right. I'd add that, make sure you only get your voting time and place from Elections Canada. Sadly, we are seeing voter misdirection tactics bleed up from the south...

11. DOTM Bumblebee

All I can say here is that the dialogue flows smoothly, and Shockwave continues to stay in character while commanding his troops. I think I may give "We Lost A Package" a read when I have the time.

12. Vagabond Elf

So.

After a great deal of internal debate, I have decided that I'm not going to finish this story. Why? Two reasons.

First, this is meant to be fun, for me. And while there is a great deal of satisfaction potential, should I finish it, the actual process isn't much fun anymore. The sets are worn out and weren't very good to begin with; many of the toys are KOs and frustrating to work with; the flooring and layout of my house has changed, making continuity almost impossible. Basically, finishing this has become a chore, not a pleasure.

I was waiting to see if that would reverse, but it really isn't.

Secondly: like many collectors, I have run into the not-enough-space issue. My Alternators have been on the "chop list" for a while, and I've only been keeping them so I could finish this story (and for a single plot for the other comic). But the space and cash issues are becoming acute, as Masterpeice and related takes up more and more of my available room; so it's time for most of those toys to hit the auction block. (At the risk of seeming overly commercial - if anyone wants to pick up someone who's been in the comic, by all means reach out. Ravage, the Macross toys, and the girls (Arcee and her mold-mates) are being kept, but anyone else I'll consider reasonable offers on. Just remember I live in Canada and shipping will be a lot more than it is in America.)

I didn't want to just let this dribble away, which is why I'm posting this "good-bye" note. I do appreciate all the support people here have given me, but it's time to wrap it up.

Thank you kindly! :) 

13. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Sorry to hear that this comic won't be continued, but I do understand that it simply cannot be helped.

I know that I haven't really been very good at providing feedback for your comic (I usually struggle to find things to say in response to each comic update, but I have been trying my best to post something other than :lol  or :popcorn  in more recent times), but... I think that this comic had a very interesting, completely original story (something that I think we need more of here in the Funnies), and while I'm not sure what you've got planned for the future, I can only hope for the best for you. :) 

14. KhanKristopher

KhanKristopher DINOBOT

Sorry to see your comic go it was a good one. Hope you'll do another one day.

15. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Hurts feelings being honest.

News Credits:
    Quite unfortunate.

16. DOTM Bumblebee

Sorry to hear about this comic dying. It was fun while it lasted, but I understand your reasons for abandoning it. I'm afraid I can't afford to make an offer on any of your figures, but I will miss your comic, and look back on it with enjoyment.

17. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry to hear about it go. It was fun while it lasted :) 

18. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

I am among those sad to see your story end like this, but I do appreciate you letting us know and not letting it linger (like I did with mine, sorry folks). I really enjoyed this strip and hope to see it come back in some semblance one day. You're incredibly talented in this, one of the best comic makers on here today.

19. Collectibot

Collectibot SWITCHed.

News Credits:
    Sheesh. A harsh ending. I know how you feel. I've had failure after failure. Sorry to see this comic go. It was a nice one. :cry 

20. Vagabond Elf

Thank you all for the kind words.

To give the story some sense of closure, here's my script for chapter 8. I'll follow up with my notes for chapter 9 and 10 once I get them into something coherent. It's not nearly as good as the actual comic, I know, but it will at least give you the end of the story...

Scene 1:

1-01: Outdoors, flying (greenscreen against sky backgrounds.) Text: Over the Badlands and Arrival Plain. Thrust, Sil.
    Thrust: Okay, here’s what’s what. Jetfire gave you a body that can cruise forever and pitch sharply, but it turns like slag.
    Sil: Right.

1-02:
    Th: That means you need to pay attention when you turn. Don’t go too sharply. Roll into the turn, but remember the lift slides off the wings at 90 degrees.
    Sil: Okaaay… what do I do if that happens?

1-3:
    Th: Well, you’ll start to fall. Use your thrusters - you’re not a dumb airplane! Get your nose pointed down, and when you feel the wings start to bite, pull up.
    Sil: But I’ll fall a lot, right?

1-4:
    Th: Yup. If you don’t have room for that, transform. Your thrusters are in your legs - get into bot mode, point the engines down, and push.
    Sil: But - how do I know if I have enough room?
    Th: Practice.

1-05:
    Th: That’s why we’re so high up. You’ve got the basics down, so we’re gonna put you in a stall on purpose, so you can practice recovering.
    Sil: On purpose!? But--

1-06:
    Th, {c/u}: Babe, you can do this. You’ve learnt the basics real fast. You’re good at this.

1-07:
    Sil: I dunno… Can’t I practice in the sim?
    Th: You want to be a Seeker, right?
    Sil: Yeah…
    Th: Then, no. Learn to do it in the real world.

1-08:
    Sil {c/u}: But --
    Sil: I don’t want you to see it if I frak up.

1-09: Both, slient.

1-10:
    Th: Look, babe. You’ve got to learn to do this. So how I see it, there’s three choices: Give up, and go back to your old body.
    Sil: No!

1-11:
    Th: Okay, then. Your other choices are: refuse to do it now, and eventually crash because you don’t know how - or realise it’s okay to screw up when you’re learning, and go for it.

1-12: Sil, c/u, silent.

1-13: Same shot.
    Sil: Okay, what do I do?

1-14:
    Th: Pitch nose up, then cut your thrust. You’ll glide for a bit, then stall. Let the stall happen. Keep nose up until you’re in free fall. Then, use your thrusters to get your nose pointed down, wait until you have lift again, and pull out.

1-15:
    Sil: What if I can’t?
    Th: Then I’ll catch you. We’ll work on the transform-and-catch-yourself next week.
    Sil: Right. Okay.

1-16:
    Sil, {c/u}: Okay. Here goes!

1-17: Montage of Sil nose up, nose down, falling.

1-18: Sill, with Th behind, pointed at camera, sky in b/g.
    Sil: Woo-hoo!

1-19:
    Th: Okay, babe, time to pull up.
    Sil: Okay!

1-20: Montage of Sil coming level.

1-21: Th coming up beside her.
    Sil: That was Awesome!
    Th: See, I told you you c--
    Th: Eh?

1-22:
    Sil: Hunh?
    Th: Look, down there.

1-23: Very high shot looking down on bikes.

1-24:
    Sil: My sisters! And Brimstone. He’s a creep.
    Th: Looks like they’re going somewhere.

1-25:
    Sil: Yeah! Let’s go find out where.
    Th: Wait, what?

1-26: Sil diving.
    Th: Damnit.