Transformers: Regeneration One #84 Preview

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ken8kuhletz08, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Dark_T_Zeratul

Dark_T_Zeratul Well-Known Member

Because that's too logical. Everyone knows the proper way to hate something is to NOT read, watch, or play it.

2. RustyBarnacles

RustyBarnacles Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Let me rephrase. If you don't like it, stop reading it. And I don't mean you persay. This is a general statement.

Then again I also say give it a chance. This is like starting a series from the beginning really. Furman is picking up the old series in unkown terrirtory so it'll need a little build up.

The first few issues of the Marvel series weren't exactly quick moving and there were numerous issues in between that were torture getting through but they served a purpose. The purpose was a build up.

I don't fully know where Furman is going with this series, but chances are it is a build up. The first few issues are just to get everyone on board.

They were trying to start a story in which those who hadn't read the full series could pick up this book. That's why they released the 100 page book of the final issues.

Give it time. If it doesn't pick up the pace I'll eat my words...I'm not sure how, but I'll eat them.

3. AngryChad

AngryChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ugh. This fandom complains about everything.

"Barber is good but he's not as good as Roberts."

"Roberts is good but there's too much funny. Or too much violence."

"Furman isn't giving every single person exactly what they wanted by the third issue so he sucks and the entire story is worthless."

I swear, every day it gets a little harder to come back here.

4. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime 1st Cybertronian Spectre of the Galactic Council

It seems that the story is finally kicking into gear with this latest issue. Hopefully from here on out it'll keep on this pace as I was seriously starting to lose interest in this series (as much as I love the Marvel run).

5. JoeHavok

JoeHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know what you mean. But, the whiners and complainers wouldn't know what to write if it wasn't negative.

6. emptythreat

emptythreat Well-Known Member

I think a really big point has been missed by people reading this which I saw posted elsewhere. Unlike MTMTE or RID this book isn't a clean slate, it has to service the guys who used to read it and know it well, the guys who have never read it and the guys who used to read it but haven't read TF comics since. That's always gonna need a different set up as you have to say what happened before, what happened since we read it last and set up where its going to go. You can't do that with a done in one and to be honest its never been done before. IDW when it began, AHM, MTMTE/RID all wiped the slate clean with one issue. Threads get picked up, but this is specifically a continuation of an old continuity, it exists specifically as a continuation of a story that not everyone is familiar with. I know a lot of my mates haven't picked up a comic since they were kids who are getting Regen and loving it. I like that the first run has felt sort of like world building, establishing the status quo kinda like the original 4 issue mini from 84/5. To the comment about new groups of characters in the Matrix Quest run, etc that had a lot to do with new toys coming out all the time! I'd rather find out what happens to the core cast than introduce the micromaster squid patrol! I did think when it started that using the most current toys would have been one way to do it, so use classics Prime etc as toys and imagine Prime changed so many times in between but that would mean that it would be even harder to follow the plot and explain all those changes.

7. RustyBarnacles

RustyBarnacles Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well put.

I'm a MTMTE fan, but Regen is by far my favorite.

I said it earlier, let it build. They've got to get through the set up of where everything's at and set up where they're going before they can get there.

Your parents tell you you're going to Disney land, you don't get in the car and magically you're there. (Unless they're smart and drugged you).

Give it some time. This next issue we're already starting to see where Furman's going with it. There's a lot of stuff to cover.

Quit hatin' and be patient yo'

8. Oracle_Aesir

Oracle_Aesir Outback is back

News Credits:
    The problem though is that this "set up" is taking about a 1/4 of the whole run of regen and will probably be resolved within one issue (like optimus arrives end of this issue, megs is killed by the end of the next) They could have easily sorted all the "where is everyone in this story" within a couple of issues then resolve it and get on with some actual decent new plot rather than just dragging things out (plus really, did we really need to have the Grimlock bits in issue 82??)

9. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

:rolleyes2  :rolleyes2  :rolleyes2  :rolleyes2  :rolleyes2 

As usual, passive-aggressively complaining about "whiners and complainers" is probably the most pathetic and worthless activity a fan can engage in. Congratulations gentlemen... on being a notch lamer than the people you're bitching about, while apparently remaining completely unaware of the irony. :p 

zmog

10. emptythreat

emptythreat Well-Known Member

I think if Grimlock, Bludgeon and Soundwave had NOT appeared by now then there would be an even bigger outcry of "where are they?" "Furman's forgotten them" etc etc.

So far the book has extablished the Wreckers, established the status quo on Cybertron, established the Neo Decepticons, established Bludgeon planning revenge, established that something is going on on Nebulos, that the Headmasters may not be as dead as we thought, shown what happened to Megs and Ratchet, to Earth, set up the plan of what they're doing next, shown Prime to have lost the plot and finding it again, set up Hot Rod's place, put Kup's life at risk, established a neutered Starscream and hinted at his will and how it may turn the tide, demonstrated Magnus and Springer's personalities, as well as some action. Its told us the back story, the present story and laid out the seeds of the future story. That's actually quite a lot to happen in 3 1/2 issues (not read 84 yet).

11. Gridlock1987

Gridlock1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What the hell does that have to do with anything...

...especially followed by this? "You liked the direction of Marvel TF and wanted a continuation of it? Then why don't you like something totally diferent!"

Actually, not really from what I heard. All GIJoe comics took a nose dive in ratings, and the ARAH continuation gets the least love of them all as far as fans are concerned.

12. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    While I wish it was a bit faster paced I am diggin the hell out of it, especially the references to the early UK comics. That coming from someone that thinks G2 was the best story line in the TF comics and this is making it an alternate timeline and I still dig it.

I love that comic too

13. JRX

JRX Well-Known Member

How about we judge it after its over since we have an actual end date. Also, a lot can happen in 20 issues. Just look how much happened from issue 60 to 80 of the original run.

Having read the originals when they first came out, this doesn't get any better for me.

14. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The problem with the pacing is that there are 3-4 different plots that they keep jumping between. In the Marvel books, Grimlock's story would have been a single issue to itself. Wreckers vs Megatron would have been another. Prime's story would have been another leading into the plots merging with him and Megatron.

We get snippets of each story in each issue, so it feels decompressed.

15. JoeHavok

JoeHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    True there is some irony about it. But, I still think challenging someone to think more positive and pointing out how bad being negative is, is not complaining. It's just merely an opinion. Now, saying a comic isn't good is, or Furman's not a good writer is terrible. Constructive criticism is one thing, but being a negative poster is something worse.
    Also, what is passive aggressive about calling out complainers and whiners?

16. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

First of all, thanks for responding earnestly to my comment. I realize that I was a bit on the sardonic side, and it's cool that you didn't flame me in return. :thumb  I'll try to reply in kind.

The thing is, this is a forum for opinions... and specifically opinions about Transformers stuff. We should try to be respectful (whenever possible) of others' opinions, rather than roundly dismissing them as a "bunch of whiners".

That doesn't mean you can't disagree, but disagreement can be expressed in terms of reasonably polite debate or asking people to clarify their reasons. I'm always happy to see a spirited debate, but being a dick about stuff is just polluting the internet with more semi-anonymous attitude, and that sucks for everyone. Save that bull for 4chan.

I agree that when possible, we should be constructively critical, and support our opinions with meaningful observations, rather than just throwing out absolutes like "this sucks". However, it's one thing to voice an opinion about the media... it's quite another to resort to name-calling and attack another fan here on the forums for doing so. Some people are going to have negative opinions about comics/cartoons/toys etc... you have to take the good with the bad.

Passive-aggressive is saying things like "every day it gets harder and harder to come back here" (oh, boohoo... talk about "whining"!) as if it's just a personal statement, when it's clearly an attack-judgment on others. It makes it sound like negative opinions are what's "ruining" the atmosphere here, when really it's exactly that kind of jackassery instead. It's this sort of "I'm just going to leave this here... by the way you guys suck. You know who you are." approach to bitching about "negativity"... though honestly some of the common terminology (whiners, bitching, call the waaaaahmulance, etc) is really more like aggressive-aggressive. It's disrespectful to others, and makes one look like a jerk... in my opinion, anyway.

Hope that clarifies why I reacted the way I did. Sorry bud.

zmog

17. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I like Regeneration so far.

I just hate that "haters" crap that permeate the internet.

Don't like it? Don't get it. I'll get my copy tomorrow.

Out.

18. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    People can still buy comics they don't like hoping that the next issue will be up to their standards. I did it throughout Costa's run. Plus, knowing Furman, his later issues will be genuinely exciting but we need to read these slow decompressed issues to enjoy the later ones.

I only ever dropped the movie continuity comics because that universe doesn't interest me much. The Generation One continuity does.

19. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Tom Brevoort said it best: publishers don't need to listen to the complaints of the people buying the book. After all, they're getting our money, so they must be doing something right. They want to listen to the people who dropped the book in the hopes of getting them back.

20. AngryChad

AngryChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    By my calculations this puts you at the third notch down.