Transformers :Regeneration One 83 Preview

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Star Saber, Sep 2, 2012.

1. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Wow, Circuit Smasher... 1991 called, and they want everything about you back. :lol 

zmog

2. Explosion_Rex

Explosion_Rex Well-Known Member

This is possibly the worst art I've ever seen in any comic.... I was looking forward to this series but no matter how interesting the story is I just can't bring myself to look at this garbage.

3. unpunk

unpunk Well-Known Member

Kind of reminds me of the DBZ trunks special. Circuit smasher is Gohan left to defend the earth, and everything is pretty much a wasteland due to a superpower. The humans have one powerful being around that probably only comes out of hiding when he's pissed enough, but tries to keep the race alive and hopeful. Just my take on the situation. We'll see I suppose.

4. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Haha well at least they're faithful to the era it's suppose to belong to :) 

5. wordmongerer

wordmongerer Well-Known Member

Worth bearing in mind that in this continuity Earth history kinda stopped shortly after 1991 so if he looked like a 2012 super hero that would make no sense because the 20 years we lived through are not the same as the 20 years they lived through.

6. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Heh, I love it - expressive and dynamic compared to a lot of TF art we've seen of late...

7. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    That's kinda the point, though. It wouldn't be any fun if this series had generic art that looks just like any of the other ongoings.

8. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    Well it's done that way intentionally to keep it in style with the original books, which also in case you haven't noticed weren't exactly well drawn either.

Marvel never used their best artists on these kind of comics, since it wasn't their property they were promoting and that comics like Transformers and G.I. Joe sold mostly on name alone.

9. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    I love how Optimus's little speech in a nutshell is the answer that we needed in the cartoon. It's the equivalent of "Yeah, I question myself too, I just don't whine like a little pansy about it."

I'm also a little surprised by the Spike reveal. I had almost thought that Circuit Breaker/Josie had a kid for a minute there, because that would have made sense. Plus when I was growing up reading the originals, I thought that she needed some tapping, cause she was Whiitesnake hot.

I love the artwork on this issue. Just evokes the original style so well, and it's simply beautiful. I think for me, in contrast, I've seen so much digital BS, it's too easy to pump it all into a tablet and call it art. When you draw it by hand, and actually use some skill, it's a hell of a lot harder. I'm not saying I don't like some of the generated stuff, like Spotlight or AHM, but again, it's comparable to using Auto-Tune to sing a song. It's a cheat, and a bad one at that.

10. unhappybludgeon

unhappybludgeon Decepticon

Hey, at least they're keeping the art consistent. Even if the art is bad (Whether it is or isn't is a matter of opinion, obviously), it's better that it's consistent rather than jumpy, in my opinion.