Transformers Regeneration One 80.5 in hand! NO SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by juise, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I've got this - didn't realise it was not officially out yet!

An interesting point in the issue is that the first time we see
    Optimus Prime
    he is drawn pretty much exactly how he was in the 1992 annual story, Another Time and Place. I wonder if we'll see any other elements from that story creep into the new series?

General thoughts - it is a good recap of the broad strokes of what went before, but more importantly, the new content in the issue sets out the backdrop of the story very well. It tells us where the key players are, it sets the tone of the world - it establishes the backdrop for issue 81.

Welcome back, my Generation 1. It's been a long time coming, but finally, the rest of your story can be told...

2. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think you're being a little uncharitable, and overlooking one of the creative goals.

Who are these Decepticons? Well they are the guys who were around at the end of the G1 comic; a bunch of 1989 and 1990 second-stringers. They set the stage. Soundwave is just rallying "the Decepticons" in this scene. And if you look at issue 80, these are the Decepticons who are "around" then. Keep in mind that in US continuity especially, whole heaps of characters are dead at the hands of Starscream or Unicron. The Nucleon recharged a bunch of 84-85 Autobots, NOT Decepticons. It's entirely possible that every non-Head/Target/Powermaster Decepticon who was on Earth in issue 50 was destroyed by Starscream, and a lot of the remaining list got eaten or squished.

If there were a "recognizable" character in the group it wouldn't add anything, and it could even distract from the point of the scene.

3. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime IDW2019 Stan

News Credits:
    And dont forget even to some of us who havent finished reading the marvel run they arent that unrecognisable
    Then again i do spend half of my time on TFWIKI :lol 

4. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good grief, please stop posting in the comics section. It really hurts.

5. Ryan F

Ryan F Transform and Roll Out!

News Credits:
    Hey, everyone's entitled to an honest opinion - you don't have to agree with a point of view in order to respect it!