Transformers Regeneration One 80.5 in hand! NO SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by juise, Apr 19, 2012.

1. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I know this has been posted on other fan site, but as a TFW fan I figured TFW deserves their own in-hand post! My local comic guy is pretty awesome! I'm not even big into comics (I mostly just get TPBs or hardcovers of stories I like), but he's always giving discounts, and throwing me extras whenever I'm in there. Todays goody was the "Free Comic Book Day" Transformers Regeneration One 80.5!

I've been staying away from any news related to this until I could get my hands on it, and so far I like what we're getting! It's been a bout 3 years since I last read issue 80 so picking up the story is a bit fuzzy for me, and I cant seem to find the few G1 comics I have to catch up, but the story in 80.5 will pretty much make sense even if you've never read the G1 comic. I will be getting at least the first couple issues of Regeneration One to see where it goes from here.

Here is a scan of page 5 of the comic, no real spoilers, just a pretty awesome little bit of character building for my favorite Decepticon, Soundwave! He seems to play a surprisingly pivotal role in this new story so far.

[​IMG]

Proof!
    [​IMG]

On a side note all of this years free comic book day comics that I saw, look to be whole complete issues, with a few extra ad pages! In the past, the few comics I've picked up on free comic book day were shorter semi-issues. To my surprise some of this years comics are even a bit on the lengthy side!

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  2. AngryChad

AngryChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wait, this isn't supposed to be out until the 5th, right? Are all the shops getting them now?

3. DarthCrusher

DarthCrusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Aw, I was kind of hoping for Purple Soundwave. Oh well. Looks pretty solid otherwise! :) 

4. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wild, is this Soundwave finally filling his leadership potential (established by the UK "future" issues) and taking the dispirited Decepticons over from Bludgeon?

Can't effing wait.

5. dj_convoy II

dj_convoy II Remix!

News Credits:
    So sweet. Look at the slack jawed face on the Triggercon (uh... Ruckus?). So good.

I need this in my life.

6. Anguirus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So I was all like "meh, it's a free comic, it's '80.5,' I'll just look for a summary I find online."

I don't mind that I did but...spoiler-conscious beware. Something big happens. It's more than just set-up/exposition/flashbacks.

Still don't think it will be essential reading due to probable recap in #81.

7. omegafix

omegafix Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    Stores are getting thier FCBD stuff now, kinda like how stores get DVD's and video games a week or so before street date. however they arent allowed to sell them before release dates and are punishable by fines. same goes for FCBD stuff. they arent allowed to release any of it before FCBD and are punishable by fines. FCBC is "street dated" and stores that release them early are punishable from Diamond, and possible the publishers themselves, so i would leave the stores name out.

8. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

Soundwave addressing a room full of nobodies. The glory days of this comic was #1-12.

9. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime IDW2019 Stan

News Credits:
    OMFG

10. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Baka Mitai

Wrong on so many levels.

11. dj_convoy II

dj_convoy II Remix!

News Credits:
    Except for, oh, 56 thru 80.

12. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I know back in the day I could name all of these guys... I see Ruckus, a Firecon, a clone, Spinister, Needlenose, Treadshot, Gutcruncher(?)...

Wow it's been a while... Can't wait!

EDIT: Hey! Why isn't Soundwave purple??

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  13. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Baka Mitai

They're apparently using modern colors for the present segments, and the old comic colors for flashbacks. Or something like that.

14. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    I like how recently, there's only ever one Decepticon clone drawn in any given panel and they're never addressed.

15. Anguirus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm wondering how you can have a whole universe, and and yet only find stories told with the same 30 or so bots potentially interesting.

It's not enough that the lead character/only one speaking is a 1984 bot, no, all of the bots have to be from 1984. Except if they were, you'd complain that they were "unworthy" voiceless cameos. The only solution is a room full of Seekers and Reflectors I guess.

I have a hard time seeing 1-12 as "glory days" considering that the first four of those are actually a bit of a tough slog (dialogue is awful, art is unclear at best).

16. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Other then Soundwave, I don't recognize a single one of those Decepticons. Why not put at least a couple of recognizible characters in the group? Sorry, Triggercons as mentioned above don't fall into the 'recognizible category' beyond a few fans.

17. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    ...but then, how do you make them more recognizable if not through more exposure?

18. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You introduce a lesser character amoung more well known ones and build up their exposure, not just throw a group of lesser characters in there. Nightbeat seems to have gotten more well known this way. Also, I didn't say the group had to be all known characters, just a few in there.

19. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

I almost started to brow beat local comic shop guy for an advance copy but decided not to. I can't freaking wait for this but will wait to savory the moment on FCBD. I always enjoy popping in that morning to see the larger than usuale crowd, makes me feel hopefully that the comic shops can hang around for a little while longer.

Thanks for posting the scan, I love furmans assertive leader type Soundwave. And the group shot was fine as was the selection of characters used in those panels.

20. Whovian Zorker

Whovian Zorker Well-Known Member

Hmm. I think I recognize Spinister and Needlenose, but I guess Quake is still (apparently) dead.