Transformers reference in Green Lantern

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SaberPrime, May 19, 2012.

1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

Kilowag: I've never seen a machine move like that.

Razor: Perhaps there's more to her than meets the eye?

2. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ...cool story bro

3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

Still doesn't make up for the fact that movie sucked.

4. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

... is that it?

5. SaberPrime

Cartoon series. Movie has nothing to do with it but that movie was awesome.

6. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not really much of a reference.

7. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    That's a cool reference!

I think what was released in theaters wasn't the cut of the film that we deserved. The extended cut that was released on Blu-ray was way better, and was totally worth owning, despite how I initially left theaters. I remember swearing up a storm that I wouldn't support the movie, but then my friend convinced me to give the extended cut a try. Glad I did.

The cartoon is also really well done. I love what they are doing with the Red Lantern (can't remember his name). There was an episode where one of the Green Lanterns try to help him with a new Red Lantern oath...because the original oath was quite morbid, and to keep the friendship, the Red Lantern pretends it works...but he really still has to recite the original oath to recharge his battery. Very cool scene, and very well done for a cartoon.

8. SaberPrime

An extended cut is just the same movie with extra scenes that were left out of the finished movie. The bonus scenes are inconsequential to the movie but are just a cool bonus for DVD and blue ray features. What the hell could possibly be on there that would make the movie any better than it was?

I said his name in the first post, Razor. It's not a hard name to remember unlike mr. big head who's name I forget 2 min. after hearing it.

And it wasn't a Green Lantern. It was Ia, the ship's computer. She may be powered by Green Lantern energy but technically she's not a Green Lantern.

The second Red Lantern oath that doesn't work was also a reference to the comics. There's a wiki page which mentions several oaths for the different groups. This series is really the first time any other Lantern color besides Green and Yellow has ever been used outside of the comics.

It's possible the movie would go that rout too considering Sinestro ended up getting a yellow ring and sporting his Yellow Lantern insignia rather than his more traditional blue costume. He's always had the yellow ring but originally his ring was the only one of another color and he only made it yellow because Green energy was weak against it. At the time his costume was black and blue (maybe purple but I've always assumed it was blue.) I'm not sure when they changed it so he had a matching yellow costume and was a leader of his own Lantern group.

There's also the Star Sapphires who originally was just one character and she didn't even have a ring, it was a power staff. Now she's been changed as well.

Anyway, I like this idea of there being other Lanterns out there. So far we've seen Red Lanterns (Rage) who the series is focused on as the main bad guys, the Star Sapphires or Pink Lanterns (Love) which is actually kind of weird because I've always been told that Sapphires were blue colored jewels, and at the end of the most recent episode we see a Blue Lantern (Hope).

Oddly enough we have yet to see Sinestro or any of the Yellow Lanterns. Sense we haven't seen Sinestro at all it's hard to say if he's still a Green Lantern or if he's already started the Yellow Lanterns. Characters in this series seem to have not known that other color Lanterns existed before they met the Red Lanterns so I think that Sinestro is still a Green Lantern.

9. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Alright..

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Fun fact:

The four main vocie actors have voiced in Transformers and Green Lantern. Josh Keaton is Jack Darby and Hal Jordan, Kevin Michael Richardson is Bulkhead and Kilowogg, Grey Delisle is ROTF Arcee and Aya and Jason Spisak is Razer and RID Koji.

11. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus Page D'Ecriture Spy Cousin Jeice

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    And we need Peter Cullen as the Anti-Monitor.
    Anti-Monitor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia