Transformers Real Gear - Thoughts and WWYL2S?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by rattrap007, Jan 19, 2007.

1. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    We've seen several fantastic looking transformers come out of the Real Gear line. They look fairly believable as the objects the represent.. at least at a glance.

Phone bot - Before colorization (Hell even after) it looks like a real flip phone. Good robot mode too.

Camera Phone - Slightly less believable after colorization, but still great. Awesome robot mode.

Game Bot - Looks generic, but somewhat passable as a real hand held game device. Decent robot.

Longview (Binoculars) - Look cheap as far as real binoculars go, but does make a great robot.

Zoom-out (video cam) - looks like a kids video camera. Great bot mode too.

Well so far we got five great looking figures that look like real objects. Some more than others. But We need more. What would you like to see. The best idea I can come up with is an MP3 player based on the Creative Zen 3 as I came up with a transformation for it already.. Kinda based it to look like Soundwave.

Arms fold up behind the screen on the back part. Head transforms like G1 Soundwave's as in it flips up and turns around. Screen becomes the chest (like hte old cassette deck on G1. The volume touch strip becomes both the shoulder mounted plug (fits in the audio jack on shoulder) and the other becomes a hand cannon. The sides of the bottom, where the touch strip is) becomes the legs.

This would easily work well as it would provide a good transformation and be thick enough and look real enough for the line.

Anyone else got any ideas or comments on the Real Gear line?

2. ChickenWing

ChickenWing Well-Known Member

So far I am liking all the real gear, very impressed. Since I lack a good imagination, I will leave it up to others to come up with new ideas.

3. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't like the tacky images they're putting on the screens, and I don't like the robot modes, but I'm glad they're going back to "real object" Transformers near 1:1 scale again, it's a nice break from the thousands of tiny cars and jets. As for suggestions, I don't really have any.

4. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A basic television remote control with just power on/off, channel and volume up/down. It can be programmed to work with your current TV like the generic ones you can buy. Seems like it would be fun to fiddle with while watching TV.

How about a working mouse with USB connectivity?

5. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I got the phonebot this morning; he's superb. If the others are as impressive as this in person, I'll be getitng all of them.

6. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

there was a prototype for a flashlight bot for the micro change line that was never made.
    [​IMG]

i'd like to see a new molding made, with working light.

laptops/portable dvd players
    mp3 players
    ear phones
    cd walkman

and the ultimate transformer fetish item.... GAG BALL BOT !!

lol got the idea from the new kiss play sparks bots

7. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As far as the figures themselves go... I like the concept and the execution is pretty slick. Certain parts of their robot modes bug the hell out of me *like the last one we saw had pincer hands*, but that's probably because they're being marketed as a subline for the movieline. The only thing that I really dislike about them is that they're putting some pretty tacky images on them with Cybertron characters in them. Why the hell would movie robots have images of Cybertron characters? It's a minor complaint though...

As for ideas... I'm not much for designing transformations or anything like that, but I do think that an MP 3 player would be cool. Maybe a microscope ala Perceptor... we do have them that small now.

I did just have an interesting thought... we just got info that they were going to have a transforming rifle in the movieline. So, what if that's a larger price point real gear robot? If it's a military machine gun it'd be real gear enough... I'd just dread the colors... but it's still a cool idea.

8. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy ShickaBAM!

I love the Real Gear dudes that are awesome, its cool how there gizmo or catch is there alt mode, nothing like minicons or planet keys...Dont get me wrong I love minicons one of my favourite things, but like Ktulu siad it's nice to have a 1:1 scale bots. Hope there is more a MP3 player would be cool even a portable DVD anything really, just keep them coming

9. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    A walky talky would be neat, as would a clock.

10. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like all of them. They're really nifty in their own ways.

But we need an iPod bot.

11. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Someone said clock and that just reminded me of the old school watches... an updated one of those would be great!

12. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I can see a small alarm clock working for a TF. I kinda considered a Walkie Talkie bot but thought since we have a phone bot it would be kinda pointless to have two that are that similar..

13. Banshee

Banshee MvC2 online! woot!

OMG I had completely forgot how awesome those were :D 

[​IMG]

14. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:

I've got a red one of those still on my fridge...ZFor some reason they have a big magnet on the back.

I'm amazed the thing survived the 80's 90's and almost this decade, a house move and a few fridges and its still around. WOWZA

Thanx
    Transbot90210

15. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    These are very impressive and instantly recognizable as Transformers. Best concept since Minicons. They're the only toys so far with the movie logo on the package that I want. These and G1 Prime plushy.

16. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    I'd love to see these items be Transformers:

-Laptop
    -iPod
    -DVD
    -An external hard drive for a computer (the PERFECT disguise)

17. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I really like what I've seen and intend to get them all. I dont have any suggestions on new ones, I'm willing to "wait and see" what else we get. It looks like so far we have 3 bots and 2 cons (zoom out looks like a con to me at least) so I'd say there's at least one more con on the way, but maybe more?

Also, because I dont care about the movie or its storyline, I'm just going to shoehorn these guys into Classics. I mean, they're basically new Microchange figures, which is a perfect gimmick for Classics which are "G1 reborn." Plus they'd be the only Classics Basics/Scouts. I've even started coming up with functions for them

Speed Dial: Autobot Communications Officer. Can instantly transmit messages to any other Autobot

Longview: Autobot Long Range Recon. Has the greatest range of vision of any Autobot

Spy Shot: Autobot Surveillance

Power Up: this one seems like a challenge, since a video game has no practical use, but his little decal gave me an idea. He's an advanced targetting computer. He can interface with other Decepticons and control their weapon systems, giving them nearly perfect accuracy

Zoom Out: Decepticon Surveillance

edit - if we ever got an mp3 player or something similar, he could be some kind of signal jammer and/or could emit jarring, high pitch frequencies to screw with his opponents' senses

18. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I like all of them...they're quirky and interesting...none have spectaular bot modes IMO (except maybe Longview) but they're definitely neat little things. I'll get all of them they release.

19. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Oh, hell no! The last thing we need is more junk with that stupid "i" tacked on. Please! No more! A bot that plays tunes would be cool (maybe that Bumblebee, we'll see), but no endorsements are needed.

20. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Really like 'em, gotta have 'em. An iPod would be way cool as well as a Notebook, (or even one of those portable DVD players).