Transformers Re-Generation One #83 Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Kickback, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They were talking about Fort Max.

2. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

He was still on the ship, That's where he was when Spike used him to fight Galvatron.

Edit:What ever happened to Skylinx,he could split into two mode with about the same size.

3. emptythreat

emptythreat Well-Known Member

During the US civil war (a real-life battle) soldiers from both sides were often buried side by side because of the numbers involved. The ark had decepticons on it before as during Grimlocks leadership fight with Blaster the other Decepticons raided the Ark to get them (including the injured). It has never been established what the Decepticon attitude to the dead or dying is but the Autobots have been seen to care what happens. And after the Underbase Skorponok's ship was destroyed and would have had no means to transport the dead or critical anywhere.

That is what Spike says but he is relaying the story of events he wasn't directly a part of there so its possible not everything he says is 100% what happened, but to me the point above makes it quite logical they were on the ark.

The quote says "--in meat lockers that lost all life support capability in the crash". Now "meat locker" and "life support" don't seem like the same thing but the end result of the crash is the same as the Underbase -they're all dead. And actually in the underbase they make references to "casualties" more than anything which does not imply "fatalities" necessarily. And when talking about the casualties he states that "apparently" the non-bonded TFs were more affected than those who weren't which is already a qualifier of doubt. I grant you nothing had been seen after that issue to suggest they weren't dead but then there was nothing for a LOT of issues to suggest that Shockwave hadn't burned up in Earths atmosphere and died until he reappeared.

4. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Personally I never cared much for the Underbase saga, so if they want to bring back old favourites I really don't have a problem with it.

Hell, I hope they somehow get Ratchet back, but I won't hold my breath. He was easily one of the most prominent and well-rounded Marvel characters, his fate seems particularly cruel as a result :( 

5. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I still think Ratchet will defeat Megatron in the end.

I can see it now...

Megatron is about to perform his killing blow on Optimus Prime, and Ratchet's head on the scooter finds a way to commit suicide, taking out Megatron once and for all.

Or maybe Prime or someone else is forced to kill Ratchet. Somehow, some way, Ratchet is going to be used as Megatron's Achilles heel. I'll be shocked if I'm wrong.

6. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Yeah, one thing about this particular incarnation of Ratchet, he always manages to pull through, no matter how dark it looked, whether it was reviving the Dinobots while the Autobots were down, getting captured and creating the Classic Pretenders, getting turned into an abomination with Megs, surviving it and turning the tables by taking out 3(!) Decepticon commanders in one swoop!

7. Jaicen

Jaicen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, prime will be forced to kill his old friend to get Megs. Either way, they're both going down.

8. ezim93

ezim93 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Another good issue. Can't wait for Classics Volume 4 so I can finally find out about all this Underbase stuff.

9. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

Are all the Earth "resistance" scenes meant to just be the Neo-Knights, or are there some GIJoe references that I'm not picking up on? It seemed to me that they were implying that, but my GIJoe Comics knowledge is not great enough to notice what's meant to possibly be an easter egg.

I find most of the dialog in this series to be solid, but I'm not a fan of the conversations between Prime and Hot Rod. It seems like Prime's trying to explain basic concepts to a 3 year old kid. Is this really the Bot he sees as being able to lead the Autobots in his absence?

Judging from Leadfoot's questions about how Megatron is all of a sudden able to do things that he's never been known for doing, I'm thinking that Shockwave is lurking behind the corner ready to take the place as the main villain once Megs and Prime have their battle to the death showdown.

Can't wait to see what Bludgeon and Soundwave have in store for Thunderwing. Hopefully we get to see some more of Grimlock and Scorponok next issue.

10. Jaicen

Jaicen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm with you there, I can't wait to see what shockwave is up to.
    If Furman has got shockwave in pieces and existing as just a head in the Ark, I will be heavily disappoint.

11. Galva-Cannon

Galva-Cannon Well-Known Member

I'm really enjoying Re-Generation One so far.

But one thing that bothers me is that the characters just stay in robot mode all the time. Although I know some characters may not be able to transform, like Grimlock (not sure Furman explained how many revived characters are "Action Masters", even though that term wasn't used?) I mean, can Prime even transform? Wasn't the new body he got from the Last Autobot based on the AM toy?

But yeah. I'd like The Transformers to transform, once in a while. Otherwise they might as well be your garden variety giant robots.

12. Jaicen

Jaicen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know I was going to mention that in my last post before I remembered that Kup & Whirl both used their alt modes, as did some of the other wreckers running from Megatron.

Howver, so far , I think that's it.

Sort it out Simon...

13. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

This is actually a problem I've found in many TF comics, but I can see why writers have a hard time coming up with reasons for them to transform.

14. Galva-Cannon

Galva-Cannon Well-Known Member

Yes, I imagine it's harder to justify when the characters are in space, but they still turn into 80s truck cabs, etc. The only reason is to get places faster, and comics don't tend to waste precious panel space on showing how they drove/flew to their location.

And with earth a barren wasteland in this new plot, the alt modes are little use as a disguise either. So I guess I can understand it.

15. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I think we have both references going on.

just got this and read this last night BTW.

Blackrock referenced Circuit Breaker (which ultimately references the Neo Knights), and I believe they were in The Pitt. Look at the table they were sitting around- is that not the current GI Joe logo?

Yes... Hot Rod. Not Rodimus- but Hot Rod.
    I thought they couldn't do that any more.

Someone remind me: who was that disintegrated robot in the last panel? I haven't read any of the original comics since they were new.

16. Jaicen

Jaicen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thunderwing.

17. Jazz342

Jazz342 Well-Known Member

I have this problem as well, 20+ years without reading the series and no longer having it in my collection has left me a bit lost. I couldn't remember if the situation with ratchet and megs got resolved. Can't wait to see who else gets brought back.

18. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    As you'll see in #83, Ratchet is Megatron's prisoner. And they're clearly seperated.

19. Jazz342

Jazz342 Well-Known Member

I meant that I couldn't remember if ratchet and megs were still fused or had been separated by the end of the series.

20. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Yeah they do. But their minds are still fused despite being seperate.

Then they do this...
    [​IMG][​IMG]