Transformers - Quake II Mod

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Discussion' started by MaxLinden, Jul 25, 2010.

1. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  2. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    I remember playing a very early version of this mod! Seems it evolved much. The version I played had only the models of the robots but was played in the original levels.

3. bungalox

bungalox Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This looks great. Can't wait to show this to my gaming friends.

4. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I loved this so much when they first put it together, I was JUST thinking the other day about whether anyone remembered this or not :) 

It was SO exciting when they debuted it at BotCon!

EDIT- YIKES, this has advanced insanely! Not sure how I feel about the design of the "Unicron Level" here, I can understand the logic of being able to run up his legs or whatever, but it looked like the user should have fallen off or missed the jumps at pretty much every turn. Which is nice from a non-frustrating standpoint that it's forgiving, but from a "trying to figure out how to advance" standpoint, I have a feeling I would have been going down with the shuttle every time :lol 

OTOH, this makes you *feel* Unicron's scale better than in lots of other media which is cool. (Well sort of.. the tiny bots on his expansive shoulder feels right, as does the concept of his body being multiple levels, but the head seems a little small...)

GAH, no time to play this (or copy of Quake II...installed anyway, I bought one when this first was created, I probably have it SOMEWHERE), no skill to actually enjoy it, all of which is sad, because as I mentioned, I was JUST thinking about this (the OLD version) and thinking how over all I might really enjoy the Quake-Mod better than WFC from a pure G1-Video-Game experience standpoint.

I gotta split the difference, get myself a new Japanese PS2 and fire up Tatakai again... (People largely seem to hate it but I LOVE it!)

D/L

D/L

5. Randomus Prime

Randomus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm guilty of owning and enjoying Transformers: Tatakai as well. It's not great, but it had it's moments. :)  WFC is great. I enjoyed it a lot!