Transformers PSP game.. Any good?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by iheartarcee, Nov 6, 2007.

1. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

I have a psp and was hoping to hear some feedback on if this version if the game is any good.. looking forward to your comments!

2. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't have it, but word on the street is that it's completely crap.

3. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

unfortunately thats what ive heard too.. :( 

4. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Avoid it like the plague. It sucks big fat donkey balls.

5. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

SO FAR the only good tf game is the Armada one. It makes you wonder why don't they use the same premise and gameplay but change the characters and story for other tf games.

6. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Digital art monkey

Quite possibly the most disappointing PSP title I've ever had the misfortune to clap eyes on...repetitive and uninspiring 'gameplay', awful controls, rubbish models and environments, etc. etc. Even for a rushed cash-in movie licence, it's absolutely bloody awful.

FreshDebesh, couldn't have put it better.

7. skywarp

skywarp The extra Autobot

I tried it and it is the worst PSP game I have ever played. If you want one that is portable, try the games for the DS. They are both awesome.

8. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I fell prey and purchased it on launch day...right before a long trip up to Boston. Ugh...one of the worst games I've played...period. Controls are VERY clunky and transformation...what's the point?! Overall, a very weak game.

9. Sablebot

Sablebot Autobot Media Scientist

The Transformers Movie PSP Game

:thumbdown Ah. . . .where can I start. Let's see:

A)Graphics - half-decent but lacking in many ways; the cutscenes are misleading as the graphics in the cutscenes are the same ones from the console versions;
    B)Gameplay - not completely impressed;seemed extremely repetitive and the controls are extremely frustrating to use specifically in the mission where you play as Blackout; Also, you cannot pick which faction you want to play as, as the developers pretty much pick it for you, which sucks;
    C)Animation/Framerate - extremely clunky, and the transformations don't look too good or smooth;
    D)The G1 characters - I didn't finish the game as the last level with Megatron is impossible to get through (For me at least); the G1 Characters look interesting - Shockwave transforms into a purple tank-like thing; Trailbreaker and Hound look radically different (guess the developers are going with how these G1 characters would look in the TF Live-Action universe).

Personally, I think the PS2 version is way much better than the PSP version. I'm going to pick up my pre-ordered copy of Silent Hill Origins on Wednesday (which blows me away- check out the demo on youtube) and I may trade in my Transformers Movie PSP game to cover the remaining balance. I'm seriously thinking about it. Also the fact that a different developer (Savage) was used for the PSP version didn't make much sense to me, as that doesn't always work. However, it looks like that may possibly work for Silent Hill V, at least from the clips I've seen. Just my 2 cents. Take it for what's it worth, and more importantly, find out for yourself.

10. Tracks_25

Tracks_25 We rollin'

I guess Im the oddball because I loved it. One thing I actually like more than the PS2 version is that you don't have all of those silly time based missions. The addition of Hound, Shockwave and the others is a cool bonus too. I own the PS2 and PSP versions and they both have earned their place on my shelf.

There is a learning curve to blackouts stage but after I got it down it worked pretty well.

The only thing that bums me out is that you can only play as some of the guys like Sideswipe (who looks awesome by the way) and Wheeljack in Multiplayer. I hope there is a hack to use them in the main game out there somewhere