Transformers PS2 - Gen1!?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Veritechnium, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Veritechnium

Veritechnium Well-Known Member

Now, I thought a PS2 game of TF was a great idea and although it looked and played well, it was set in the 'new' era, which, quite frankly, I'm not a fan of - but playing Robotech Battlecry the other day gave rise to an idea - A G1 game in the style of Battlecry (by the same studio). Anyone else feel nostalgic? Would anyone here buy it?

2. Samana Rombuca

Samana Rombuca Well-Known Member

Never played Robotech. But I'd take pretty much any competently executed G1 game, Robotech-style or otherwise (so long as it's not like the Armada game, personally).

3. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I still think super robot wars style would be best for a tf game.

4. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    My ideas for a gen.1 type game:

-Personally, I would love to see an MMORPG/Adventure type game where you could create your own transformer character and then choose sides (or be neutral) and explore the Transformer universe (cybertron, earth, charr, etc.) while doing tasks for characters you meet (participating in battles, running supplies to those who need them, attacking bases, stealing energon, space battles, fighting the opposition, etc.).

-Maybe have the gameplay be online enabled so you can have massive battles and worlds to explore and meet other people's characters. Something along the line of battlefield/city of heroes/warcraft.

-Use ships or your own alt mode for traveling to places or as a means of attack during battles.

-Something where the more you fight/do tasks/gain experience the more powerful your character becomes (gain more alt modes "triple-changers" "sixshot types" etc.). Gaining more power should also increase your status and allow you to change your look. Autobots grow to reaching a "prime" level and Decepticons grow to reach a "tron" level.

-Players should be able to create clans of 5-6 people with characters who all combine to form one gigantic combiner. those 5-6 players each control an aspect of the combined form (guns, missiles, movement, close combat, powerup usage, communication).

That's all the ideas I have for now.

5. BowB4Prime

BowB4Prime arse dimples

i am a tool and will buy any transformer video game if i own the system ....and will buy any system if i dont and can afford it...... so umm yes, i dont care how horrible it is and how bad it makes the fanboys whine especially if its G1... but like i said i am a tool...they know how to sell me stuffs ..... that is all

and for the record i pretty much loved the armada video game

6. Veritechnium

Veritechnium Well-Known Member

There are some great ideas here, especially the one about exploring the TF universe on either side - that would be cool.

7. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

That would be crazy awesome.

8. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    Quite frankly, Robotech Battlecry wasn't that great. It was fun for 20 minutes :( 

9. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

10. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

I've easily got a good few months of play out of it. Just that now, it's been so long since I've played it. Although I've still got it on memory card. I guess you and I obviously have differing tastes in games :) 

I hope to one day get the drive to hook up my PS2 to play it again

11. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

i'd buy a G1 video game in a heart beat.

12. lobes

lobes You okay, Bumblebee?

there already is one but it was only released in japan for ps2, ironically it is in english too

13. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    Except I think the guys here don't want it to suck

I really think, all things considered, the PS2 Armada game is a solid foundation, and the game remade with G1 characters would be great fun

14. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

I always thought the X-com format would lend well to a transformers game. You assemble a squad and do turn based isometric battle against the decepticons in a reactionary style.