Transformers Protoform molds

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jbarmadillo, Jan 4, 2010.

1. jbarmadillo

jbarmadillo Well-Known Member

Early today i had the thought the had to do with the shape of the transformer
    which was if so many transformer molds exist that just painting and changing the head could make it a different character how hard would it be for me to do it so i had the question if anybody knew a good mold for a TF that is easily painted and cheap so i could make a couple can anybody tell me if they know a mold and had any ideas?:) 

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    What, do you mean like a mold where you could just switch the head to make it a different character? Might be hard, because the bodies are usually a big part of what defines a TF in terms of shape and color. But you're right, a lot of the tfs are repaint based, so maybe one of the Prowl molds, or one of the Seeker molds.

There were "protoform" figures released as preview figures for the 1st movie line, maybe that's what you're looking for. Or look into the trans-scanning figure line as well.

3. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    there's the takara transcanning bumblebee, dunno if it's cheap in your area, i got mine at 70% off here.

4. blackjkb

blackjkb Banned

there is a lotta tformer knockoffs out there....use them to repaint but be carefel....the tend to fall apart