Transformers Primus

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

He is sibling of the fallen Unicron and he is known of the planet Cybertron as he transformed. But did he felt the war that were going on?? In the the movie when Unicron was arriving how come Primus couldnt transform and fight Unicron and defend the rest of the universe??

2. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    I didn't think they had the concept of Primus in G1, unless it was in the comics which, sadly, I don't read. Even if he had transformed, all the robots on Cybertron would have been sent into space, crushed by moving parts or squashed on Primus' body by Unicron's punches XD

3. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

There was no Primus in the G1 toon and movie.

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    In the comic, Primus was explained as being in a state of shutdown, keeping himself hidden so that Unicron would not find him. When Unicron did finally make his appearance, Primus attacked through an avatar, but was weakened and easily defeated.

5. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

But even though he was never mentionned in G1 comics and Movie you think he felt the Wars going on the planet?

6. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Theres no reason to assume there is a Primus, but if there was, he was most likely in "shut down" mode.

7. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Man, the 1986 movie should've ended with Cybertron transforming into Primus after being activated by Hot Rod opening the Matrix, then duking it out with Unicron. It would've been epic.

The cartoons made a serious error, diverting from the source material from the very start. We lost so much richness with their decision.

8. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

This.

9. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Kimber/Stormer Fanboy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    IIRC Unicron appeared in the cartoon way before the idea of Primus and Unicron being gods showed up in the Marvel comics.

10. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    Dude, what "source material"? The comic and cartoon were basically in production at the same time, so you could easily argue it was the comic ignoring "source material" considering the cartoon was (and still is) the predominant interpretation of the G1 franchise/series.

As is, the only reason the comic got its "richness" was by 1988, the brand and sales had declined to the point Marvel and Hasbro didn't care what was in the comic so long as new toys regularly appeared.

11. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've said it before and I'll likely say it again. I love the concept of Primus vs Unicron to stay just that, a concept. I love Unicron as he is, a world destroying planet that can change into a humanoid. I love the concept of Cybertronians worshiping their god Primus. Giving them a god sells them more as a species.

But I don't want Primus to ever be revealed to be actual fact. I want Primus to be analogous with Earth religions where their deity is never proven to actually exist. In fact if I had things my way as a writer for the any given continuity I would work under the assumption that Primus didn't actually exist, ancient Cybertronians encountered Unicron and built a myth around him and their own creation. So Cybertronians would have their Armageddon figurehead and to counter it would be the faithful of Primus.

It'll never happen though. People seem to love the idea of Primus being real too much.

12. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Actually your a bit mistaken.

The comic was in production some time before the toon was.

Althou I still wouldnt say one is more of a "source" then the other.

13. Phoenix Blaze

Phoenix Blaze Brain Waster

The "Primus isn't real" idea is one that I'll heartily go with. Why should Transformers, as sentient beings be any different from us when it comes to worshipping gods? They are a race that has been around for millions of years. So many records would've been lost or destroyed in that time so any "factual" evidence of Primus could and would probably be falsified.

I'm not saying Autobot leaders use it to control the masses but maybe primitive Transformers needed it to explain why there is seemingly nothing to prevent Unicron eating everything. The legend of Primus would provide hope in such dark times.