Transformers Primitives characters

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OmegaWolverine, Apr 3, 2012.

1. OmegaWolverine

OmegaWolverine Well-Known Member

We know by now that there will be a 4th Transformers film coming 2014. The question is will they have animal/primitive transformers in that film? I hope they do and I want Grimlock and the rest of the dinobots and the Predacons.

No doubt Grimlock is very popular in the TF universe.

Should they have more animal/primitive characters in the 4th TF film?

If yes which characters you want to see?

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    No reason they can't, but they wouldn't fit the trend of Autobots we've seen so far.

3. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

I can't really see the Dinobots in a film, unless it was like a snapshot of the past, then jumps forward in time to the present day with them all having a modern alt mode.

Dinobots are awesome, but they wouldn't bring the sort of revenue that Paramount and Hasbro would want out of the franchise.

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    You sure about that? People dig dinosaurs.

5. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

Well, I was thinking of the perspective of the general audience; fans who may not be familiar with the Dinobots. Sure, they would appeal to us and would be marketable to a limited extent , but not to people who know nothing of the franchise.

That's why I was saying that I could only see them being in the film like in a prequel scene, then jumping to modern day as different alt modes.

6. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    There was a point before the first BayFormers where the general audience knew nothing at all about anything Transformers and apparently they got over that. If the general audience can be exposed to robot birds and scorpions and cats and worms and not run screaming from the cinema at the absurdity of it all then I doubt they'd be so resistant to robot dinosaurs either. As Nacht said: people dig dinosaurs. Robot dinosaurs perhaps likely just as much so.

But in regards to would the Autobots have any animal TF in their ranks? I see no real reason why not. Although some people may not see it fitting with what's been shown about the Autobots so far it doesn't mean the film makers see it that way. If they want it so it gives something new to the Autobot ranks then they'll do it. If Dinobots or Sky Lynx or Steeljaw show up in TF4 it'll probably treated like a natural thing for Autobot to have or be. Decepticons have and/or can be animalformers and so can Autobots. If the film makers want to make the Autobot beasts more heroic then they just have to use the generally accepted heroic animals such as a lion or an eagle and so on.
    I think perhaps the only reason some people may consider beast TF to be more a Decepticon thing is because in BayFormers Deceptions have been mostly portrayed as animalistic monsters and the Autobots as people.

7. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    My guess would be Dinobots, but as that option seems unlikely, I honestly don't know. I guess it really depends on what the plot/story of the movie is. Maybe Sky-Lynx? Give him some awesome plane alt mode and there you go.

This. And also :lol  I f**king love dinosaurs. If there's one thing that audiences flock to besides explosions and Brad Pitt, it's dinosaurs.

8. ironjazz

ironjazz Tie Fighter pilot

News Credits:
    lol

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I hate how if you're an animal you're automatically "primitive." Yet another piece of treasured stupidity from G1. Laserbeak was more intelligent than most normal Decepticons. He's anything but primitive.

10. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sky Lynx plz

11. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I doubt we will see the Dinobots. Didn't Bay say in an interview he hated the idea of Dinobots?

12. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I would love to see dinobots, but I doubt it would happen given the fact Bay hates the idea. We'd probably end up seeing Ratbat, or Buzzsaw, or something.
    I wouldn't mind seeing Steeljaw, or Ramhorm.

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    How about the Dinobots have vehicle but their robots are very dinosaur like head, tail and legs. The arms I'd cheat with so they can hold weapons.

Also +2 for Sky Lynx as well.

14. OmegaWolverine

OmegaWolverine Well-Known Member

Its that kind of response from Bay no wonder why some people hate Bay for being in charge of Transformers franchise.

15. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    Yeah, after all, how dare Bay have a personal opinion on the matter. :rolleyes:  He doesn't like the Dinobots. I don't like celery. My instructor doesn't like Facebook. Different strokes.

But I do get what you're saying. It's all about how people word things. Honestly, whether a director says "I just felt that X didn't fit my artistic vision of the film, so I decided to leave it out" or "X? No. Hate that idea.", it doesn't matter. They're saying the same thing - it's not going in the movie - it's just that one person is sugar-coating it and the other isn't. That's how Bay rolls. This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. He doesn't pander. He doesn't sugar-coat. He doesn't beat around the bush. He doesn't like something? He'll tell you. He wants you to calm yo tits? He will tell you to CALM. YO. TITS. I think that fanrage over the Dinobots would've been decreased 59% had Bay simply said "I don't want to have the Dinobots in my movies."

16. SGTsoundwave

SGTsoundwave Steam Powered Automaton

i vote for predaking.

17. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

That is why Bay should not have been brought back. sure, let one director do what he thinks works for one trilogy, then bring in someone fresh, with a new view, for more. This actually makes me hate Spielberg more than Bay. Micheal Bay can't force his way into the franchise. People like Spielberg have to let him in and for some reason, Spielberg has a delusion that Micheal Bay is the only person alive who could possibly make a good Transformers film. If we want to see live action TFs done another way, we have to get rid of Spielberg first.

Anyway, on topic, I want to see at least Grimlock in TF4. I'd like to see him as the new second in command. A violent officer who loves Earth due to its violent nature. He loves Dinosaurs and, as there is no need for disguises anymore, takes one as his Earth form.

I'd also like to see Buzzsaw as Soundblaster's (no relation to Soundwave) Laserbeak like minion.

18. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

optimus prime 's dinobots vs galvatron 's dinocons

19. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    Wholeheartedly agreed. :)