Transformers Prime & WTF@TFW PRIMETIME

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by typev3, May 7, 2012.

1. typev3

typev3 @VinceSanchez

Does anyone else just watch this show so that they can listen to the podcast with context? From the start Prime was mediocre and now it's just a bore to watch. I've even stopped caring about HD encodes because half the time I'm not even looking at the screen.

Still, you've got to hand it to the podcast hosts. They always manage to look at the glass half full and their speculations are always intriguing and optimistic. Then again, maybe they're the reason why I think so badly of this show - they hype me up week after week only to be left with disappointment every Saturday evening.

Oh well, at least I have Avengers EHM to give me my cartoon fix.

2. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    Shame on you for making a "Prime sucks balls" thread and attempting to disguise it as a Primetime podcast discussion thread. That's low.

3. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    You know there's already enough complaints about the show as it is. Is this really neccesary?

This is almost taking it too far and it's starting to get old.

4. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I listen to the podcasts, but not they're not the only reason I watch the show.

Comments like these are also getting old, but that doesn't seem to be stopping you. *shrug*

5. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Look I know that. But it's just that we're getting a lot of complaint threads lately and the way this thread seems to be taking it looked to be too far. If I'm wrong and this is something else then pleases correct me

6. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    Whenever I listen to a TFPrime podcast, I watch the respective episode on mute and pretend it's sort of a commentary.

7. typev3

typev3 @VinceSanchez

That wasn't the original intent and I'm sorry if it offends you. If anything, this was a shameless dick-sucking attempt at the podcast hosts because they're awesome at what they do and currently the only reason I'm still watching.

8. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I do that sometimes too, so I can remind myself of some of the stuff they're talking about

9. GAUGE

GAUGE Tin Foil Hats = Alternative Facts

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    I just enjoy the discussions. unlike the majority of the cry baby fans on this site, they keep things fun and interesting and they do bring up a lot of good arguments and facts, that most of us don't tand to see because we are too busy bitching and moaning about all the shit we hateor want to change. It's the the reason I keep listening to the Podcasts here. to put myself in a whine free zone.

Those guys on that podcast represent the fans fan. They represent what we should be like as fans. they have great attitudes for the most part on those podcasts. Unlike the folks I see here as late.

10. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    I enjoy the show by itself ^ ^ I like the podcast as they aren't trying to be that overly critical bitchy bitchy moaner or a overly fan fan of prime. I like their opinions and bring up excellent stuff. unaware to alot of people prime has a fairly large fan group of whom are not transformers fans like ppl here more like average viewers. vangelus, gogdog, aaron " I believe thats them " seems like pretty kool guys but transformers prime and legend of korra are the only shows I regularly watch on tv while I mostly watch toonami aftermath. People for some reason expect every episode of prime to be epic because of the promo's. The promo's always show explosions and shooting ( 4kidz ) when actually it's just a basic episode.

11. typev3

typev3 @VinceSanchez

Now there's a FANTASTIC show.

12. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Wow, uhm, you know you don't have to listen to all the crap we put out there. If you dislike watching the show it is more than OK to just delete the PrimeTime episodes or just not download them in the first place. I'm not quite that vain.

13. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

I haven't seen Legend of Korra yet (nor do I plan to), Hell I haven't even seen a single episode of Avatar The Last Airbender.

They're just not my type of shows.

14. typev3

typev3 @VinceSanchez

I don't know if this is modesty or if you genuinely think think your podcast is 'crap'? Also, why do you seem to be pushing away a listener who's already stated that they enjoy the podcast?

Anyways, I'm sure I'm not the only one out there who finds themselves being the only person in their social group who watches this show, therefore no discussions about Prime can be had outside of the internet. The podcast is great for people like me who are very unimaginative in speculation and who value different opinions - especially when you can understand where they're coming from.

Also, another reason I'm still watching this show is because I'm a fan of transformers who has a continuous hope that the show will eventually get better.

15. SearchmanDS

SearchmanDS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The main reason I enjoy Prime Time is that they keep the episode discussion objective. Going into that I don't have to worry "Haters" or "White Knights", or "The Bulkhead death watch", or any of the junk that goes down in this section. Even if the episode being discussed isn't a favorite of theirs, such as Armada, it's still an enjoyable listening experience.

16. Raptarrin

Raptarrin Proud Decepticon

The only thing I really hate about the show is its time slot - can anyone please explain to me why Saturday at 8:30 ET is a good time to air it? Kids on the east coast are either all asleep or partying at this hour. And kids in the rest of the country are eating dinner or out playing... I am sure there is a reason, but it bugs me to no end that it can't air on a weeknight.

17. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    So a confession if you will...

I'm still amazed to this day, 198 regular episodes and 315 total releases along, that people listen to us. We are just a bunch of friends that sit down to talk toys and TV and movies, but record it and put it out there. I'm glad and giddy that people listen to me blather on about a kids show. So it isn't modesty but wonderment that people enjoy what we do.

No I don't think that what we do is crap, but sometime I get overwhelmed by the reactions that we get between online and people meeting us at conventions.

It isn't anything that we do consciously. We just sit and talk about what we like and what we thought with people that we respect and enjoy talking to. I kind of hope that coming in here with a shiny modstick and helping keep things sane could turn more threads into some of the same.